Carson and fumbles

zchurch74

Reaction score
What do they do about this. No more excuses. I’m not saying get rid of him but c’mon man get ur shit together.

James in PA

Reaction score
My #1 concern right now about this team. It was not a fluke earlier this year. He has a legitimate fumble problem to the point where I get nervous now every time he has the ball in his hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafan

Reaction score
As much as I like his running style you cant give him the 13 or 14 mil that the top 4 backs are getting. Who he is outperforming as of now.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I think it might have to do with his running style. Guy cuts on a dime and his body tends to twist all over the place leaving the ball exposed a lot.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is ball preparation and not enough scuff on them, we sure notice it a lot more when it is raining or has access to getting wet, Wilson as well doesn't throw as sharp. The other aspect is when players sweat it would seem slippery as well.

Slippery ball Wilson would not be able to grip as tight to throw without it slipping so your palm throw more which causes sailing.

Just a thought.

I know there is a method and procedure teams use to prep balls, can't remember who does what for road and home games since deflate gate.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":d91z827r said:
I think it might have to do with his running style. Guy cuts on a dime and his body tends to twist all over the place leaving the ball exposed a lot.

It’s ball security plain and simple. He isn’t losing while making moves. He’s losing it while being tackled. He is not protecting the ball through the end of the play.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3qtg9wx6 said:
seahawkfreak":3qtg9wx6 said:

It’s ball security plain and simple. He isn’t losing while making moves. He’s losing it while being tackled. He is not protecting the ball through the end of the play.
Did you see the 2nd fumble? He wasn’t even touched. I’m pretty sure some of his fumbles this season he was not tackled.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Some of it may be mental. He didn't have these issues last year and its doubtful that he just suddenly started carrying the ball differently.

We need him down the stretch. I don't know what the answer is, but hopefully there is one. Guy is huge key to our success.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Its the yips. Its in his head. Love his style but somehow security isnt priority.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":35xm7gpb said:
I am wondering if it is ball preparation and not enough scuff on them, we sure notice it a lot more when it is raining or has access to getting wet, Wilson as well doesn't throw as sharp. The other aspect is when players sweat it would seem slippery as well.

Slippery ball Wilson would not be able to grip as tight to throw without it slipping so your palm throw more which causes sailing.

Just a thought.

I know there is a method and procedure teams use to prep balls, can't remember who does what for road and home games since deflate gate.

Agree.

Seems to be worse when it's wet. I didn't realise you were allowed to 'scuff' the ball though....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Whatever it is he better sort it out quick, because as of right now he’s unplayable in the playoffs.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1q1py607 said:
oldhawkfan":1q1py607 said:
seahawkfreak":1q1py607 said:

Did you see the 2nd fumble? He wasn’t even touched. I’m pretty sure some of his fumbles this season he was not tackled.

He was barely touched on the first one. The second one was him not even trying to take the handoff.

warden

Reaction score
Russell Wilson says the second fumble is on him. He Audi led out of a passing play and did not communicate to Carson well enough. Carson did not know the ball was coming to him

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Pete Carroll got rid of Alex Collins because he had a fumbling problem. In limited carries he had 2 fumbles with the Seahawks. It limited his playing time and contributed greatly to the team moving on from him. Carson had 3 fumbles last year on 248 attempts. This year he has 6 on 208 attempts. As much as Pete preaches ball protection, can we really expect Carson to be in the teams long range plans. I love the guy and his hard running style. I really really hate that for whatever reason, he can’t protect the ball.

justafan

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":17jia7jd said:
Pete Carroll got rid of Alex Collins because he had a fumbling problem. In limited carries he had 2 fumbles with the Seahawks. It limited his playing time and contributed greatly to the team moving on from him. Carson had 3 fumbles last year on 248 attempts. This year he has 6 on 208 attempts. As much as Pete preaches ball protection, can we really expect Carson to be in the teams long range plans. I love the guy and his hard running style. I really really hate that for whatever reason, he can’t protect the ball.

Fumbles happen. Its frustrating but even great ones fumbled more than we remember. As far as long range,he is very good but not a great back. Tough physical but not a gamebreaker. His strength is giving us a chance to control the game and the clock but not if he is fumbling. I wouldnt sacrifice players like Reed and Clowney to pay him a big contract. I hope they draft another good RB next year.

beaumaris

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":22cdqasc said:
No excuses please.

jeremiah

Reaction score
A RB is not that valuable, Carson would be riding the pine in NE and we all know it. Penny is better, Procise was a wasted roster spot. The best ones can catch the ball and block the blitz. I saw yesterday, RW was sacked when Penny took his eye off the rusher for a split second and as he trickled out into the flat, the rusher blew past him. THAT is inexcusable... PICK UP THE BLITZ FIRST. Penny is till the best back on the team.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
beaumaris":pmnsyomr said:
seahawkfreak":pmnsyomr said:
No excuses please.

I don’t get this... trying to explain the “why” behind something is making an excuse lol?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
warden":3pg9lky2 said:
Russell Wilson says the second fumble is on him. He Audi led out of a passing play and did not communicate to Carson well enough. Carson did not know the ball was coming to him

That's Russ speak, falling on the sword.

It's your job to hear the audible. End of story. He seemed out of it on that play, similar to when Penny looked lost earlier in the game.

Bottom line, we need Carson, and we need him to be better.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
My guy should stop hitting the curls. Need some fat on those arm, them biceps too large

Latest posts