Carson flattened a DE on his 2nd TD

ACFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lico8kn said:
Does anyone else think that the Hawks will deal Collins for a late round pick before the regular season?
Seems like it would be best for both sides, and maybe he can contribute somewhere else.

Possible, but you'd think if they were thinking trade, they would try to showcase what he can do to increase value, that didn't seem to be the case in PS 1.

That leads to the thought maybe they DON'T want to showcase what he could do, in hopes of sneaking him on the PS.

Who knows?, but it certainly seems logical if everyone is healthy and producing, they'd try to deal someone, and right now, Collins may well be at the top of that list, but camp still has a ways to play out.

He could definitely help another team, but I'd rather see him stay here, even if it's on the PS for a while, an opportunity probably would present itself before the season is out.

sutz

Reaction score
ACFan":b344xdbi said:
SoulfishHawk":b344xdbi said:
Does anyone else think that the Hawks will deal Collins for a late round pick before the regular season?
Seems like it would be best for both sides, and maybe he can contribute somewhere else.

Possible, but you'd think if they were thinking trade, they would try to showcase what he can do to increase value, that didn't seem to be the case in PS 1.

That leads to the thought maybe they DON'T want to showcase what he could do, in hopes of sneaking him on the PS.

Who knows?, but it certainly seems logical if everyone is healthy and producing, they'd try to deal someone, and right now, Collins may well be at the top of that list, but camp still has a ways to play out.

He could definitely help another team, but I'd rather see him stay here, even if it's on the PS for a while, an opportunity probably would present itself before the season is out.
Interesting thought. Since there are no more cut down days, just the one at the end, perhaps teams might entertain some trades. In the past, with dozens of guys getting released early, you could pick people up rather easily. Now, everybody will get released at the end and it might be harder for the players to find spots.

Will also be interesting if Pete releases anybody early. He's done that in the past if he knows the guy won't make our cut.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
"He runs too upright" is a criticism that has been directed towards Collins, Prosise, and Carson.

hawk45

Reaction score
Carson runs a bit upright, it's true, but at the POC the pads are down. Again, his youtube videos contain numerous examples of this.

That's quite a bit different than what you see on Prosise/Collins tape. I'm not saying it makes him a better back than those two - it's apples and oranges, esp with Prosise - but "running upright" is generally thought to be a negative because it connotes taking punishment. If you run upright in the clear field but lower the boom on tacklers, it's not a negative.

sutz

Reaction score
hawk45":1di332bs said:
Carson runs a bit upright, it's true, but at the POC the pads are down. Again, his youtube videos contain numerous examples of this.

That's quite a bit different than what you see on Prosise/Collins tape. I'm not saying it makes him a better back than those two - it's apples and oranges, esp with Prosise - but "running upright" is generally thought to be a negative because it connotes taking punishment. If you run upright in the clear field but lower the boom on tacklers, it's not a negative.
Also, running upright in traffic exposes the ball to be more readily dislodged. ;)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":2z7ckb78 said:
Also, running upright in traffic exposes the ball to be more readily dislodged. ;)

True. But I harken back to the concerns about Wilson's height. Specifically as it pertained to getting balls batted down.

Obviously Wilson adapted (his release point is exaggerated over the top). And even at that time we drafted him, I felt that those concerns were grossly overblown. Because he didn't have a history of being susceptible to that. Carson clearly has made an adaptation also. Because despite his style that should make him a fumble magnet, he's ridiculously great at ball security.

Physical style and attributes/measuarbles only matter to a point. They are one factor and don't preclude or guarantee success.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seahawks seventh-round RB Chris Carson "got turns" with the first-team offense at Tuesday's practice.
Thomas Rawls (undisclosed) sat out practice, so all three of Eddie Lacy, C.J. Prosise, and Carson got reps with the ones. Beat writer Sheil Kapadia notes Carson is "clearly ahead" of Alex Collins for the fourth running back job. Carson has been talked up multiple times this summer and had a strong showing in the preseason opener, rushing for a pair of touchdowns. Carson is a name to monitor in Dynasty leagues behind a trio of injury-prone running backs. Aug 16 - 1:41 PM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12446/chris-carson

nrayorr

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2d3p5671 said:
I cannot believe we got this dude in the 7th round. Hope he crushes it this year. Truly will be a fantastic story.

This draft was deep in RBs and DBs. There was so much talent this year in those two areas that I'm not surprised.

sutz

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":hshlepdm said:
sutz":hshlepdm said:

True. But I harken back to the concerns about Wilson's height. Specifically as it pertained to getting balls batted down.

Obviously Wilson adapted (his release point is exaggerated over the top). And even at that time we drafted him, I felt that those concerns were grossly overblown. Because he didn't have a history of being susceptible to that. Carson clearly has made an adaptation also. Because despite his style that should make him a fumble magnet, he's ridiculously great at ball security.

Physical style and attributes/measuarbles only matter to a point. They are one factor and don't preclude or guarantee success.
Also, Wilson is known for having arms longer than his build would predict, IIRC. So when he throws 'over the top,' his release point is that of someone 2-3 inches taller than he is.

Plus, of course, regardless of how tall a QB is, it's all about throwing lanes anyway. :)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It is all in the pad level, Carson is very good at getting low to the ground in power situations. He does run upright in some situations, but he also has shown an aptitude for sinking down and squeezing through defenders or blowing them up.