Cary Williams a Seahawk (It's Official)

endzorn

Reaction score
pehawk":3vp1flrx said:
marko358":3vp1flrx said:
Looked him up on google images and I must say I'm not optimistic.....

2a8cdfe.jpg

Oh, why? Because Cary happens to be white and Jewish? That's racist and offensive to Jason Sehorn and Dwayne Harper. Each of whom happened to be white and Jewish also.
I think Christian Okoye was white and Jewish also.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Playing in the LOB with Earl (future hall of famer) backing you up is only gonna make you play even better.. Love his size and experience. A little slow, but so was Browner for us, and Williams has a knack for the ball.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":1lkiyws4 said:
He can win the first five yards. That's what we need and he doesn't factor in the compensatory equation. I really like this. He's a solid bridge. We'll miss Maxwell, but williams isnt a scrub.

Winning the first 5 yards is what makes this a solid signing. If you factor in contracts dollars I'm okay swapping Cary out for Maxwell.

I know it's unpopular to think nuanced, but I still like Simon and consider his issues late last year injury related more than anything.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Obvious fit from a body and attitude standpoint. Doesn't count against comp pick equation and will get coached up like they all do here.

endzorn

Reaction score
I like Simon, but we needed insurance and we've gone from a huge question mark to solid depth. I have a feeling Simon is going to prove himself this year and change some minds around here.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":1uph9lm0 said:
I like Simon, but we needed insurance and we've gone from a huge question mark to solid depth. I have a feeling Simon is going to prove himself this year and change some minds around here.

Totally. I'm still hoping they see what's up with House as well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
endzorn":3apoa25x said:

Yea, I agree with you. Simon still has a lot of room to grow. I think he has preparation problems; when he knew he was going to start, he played well, but when he went into a game as an injury replacement, he looked unprepared and lost...like he didn't think he was going to play and was surprised by it. He also hasn't shown he can stay healthy, so that's another thing he has to prove next year. If he stays healthy and takes notes on how to prepare from the rest of the LOB, I see him getting significantly better this year.

These are great moves, unless they overpaid for Williams. Blackmon is good enough to start on that side, and can play the nickle.

Williams, Blackmon and Simon can duke it out in TC. The nice thing is that it is either going to bring out the best in Simon, or he's going to fold, and it's better to know he can't hang now than later.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The positive thing about Simon getting torched in playoffs and SB was that NOW Pete & the coaching staff will have his FULL attention, as he was basically humiliated in front of the world, exposed as the weak link. Yes, the injuries were a factor, but if that doesn't give him a chip on his shoulder, nothing will.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sherman got torched in the Atlanta playoff game once or twice too. Just part of becoming a vet.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
endzorn":1g7hxgwf said:
pehawk":1g7hxgwf said:
marko358":1g7hxgwf said:
Looked him up on google images and I must say I'm not optimistic.....

A Jewish Christian? Who'd a thunk it ?

2a8cdfe.jpg

Oh, why? Because Cary happens to be white and Jewish? That's racist and offensive to Jason Sehorn and Dwayne Harper. Each of whom happened to be white and Jewish also.
I think Christian Okoye was white and Jewish also.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sherman/Lane/Williams/Blackmon/Simon/Burley

Not bad. I had thought Seattle would need to grab a CB in the high rounds and that it was the most underrated area of need. They could still use more upside in this group, but they're no longer in the position of having to reach for a Day 1 starter. Doesn't look like they had to spend a lot either.

I think Simon is a head case, but I'd love him to prove me wrong.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I like this solely based on the fact that we needed to sign some CBs as we were really thin there.

sutz

Reaction score
DavidSeven":q23gascb said:
Sherman/Lane/Williams/Blackmon/Simon/Burley

Not bad. I had thought Seattle would need to grab a CB in the high rounds and that it was the most underrated area of need. They could still use more upside in this group, but they're no longer in the position of having to reach for a Day 1 starter. Doesn't look like they had to spend a lot either.

I think Simon is a head case, but I'd love him to prove me wrong.
This. Some decent guys on the pile. Maybe add a DB or two in the draft-they always seem to do that anyway- and the LoB will have it work set up for training camp. Let the best players emerge.

Now, they can let the draft board come to them, and/or make a judicious deal or two to snag a guy they like, at least with regard to DBs. You have to like how these guys do business.

GLio14

Reaction score
I worry about him. A few friends of mine are Eagles fans and they were beyond thrilled to get rid of him.

OP
OP
F

FormerEvil

Reaction score
That whole Eagles secondary was awful. That being said, after seeing this "highlight" video (not many real highlights), I'm a little more encouraged. He's a long dude, most of his height comes from his long legs and it looks like he's one of those rare corners who isn't afraid to bang. Actually looks like he enjoys the contact. That should go over well here. I'm cautiously optimistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyoQDE3 ... e=youtu.be