Cary Williams a Seahawk (It's Official)

kobebryant

Reaction score
GLio14":2yb2hpgt said:
I worry about him. A few friends of mine are Eagles fans and they were beyond thrilled to get rid of him.

I don't. No one evaluates CBs and coaches them up better than Pete.

If Pete wants him and he has the arm length and height that the Seahawks like, it's all good. They take guys like this and mold them; Sherm, BB and Maxwell weren't all that highly though of before arriving.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hmmm. Don't really know how I feel about this one. Seems to have the tools, but if we're prepared to go with a 30 y/o corner I hope we make a serious run at BB.

I love that guy. He's a BMF.

OP
OP
F

FormerEvil

Reaction score
CANHawk":1uco52m6 said:
Hmmm. Don't really know how I feel about this one. Seems to have the tools, but if we're prepared to go with a 30 y/o corner I hope we make a serious run at BB.

I love that guy. He's a BMF.

Liability in coverage and a penalty machine. Look at his PI and illegal contact numbers last year. Atrocious. I loved him while he was here but Maxwell was clearly better when he left. Also, he's dead to me after that SB bs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If you guys thought Simon was charred you probably didn't catch many Eagles games.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":37beiep1 said:
If you guys thought Simon was charred you probably didn't catch many Eagles games.

No, I didn't. What happened?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
All I can guarantee is .... more flags thrown against our secondary. He might be the best available and affordable. Good corners don't grow on trees. Can we make him better @ age 30? He has won the SB, so he ain't too bad. We will draft corners ... and he will compete.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No guarantee he makes the team. Just because someone gets signed, it's far from a sure thing they are on the opening day roster.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4o1f94qa said:
No guarantee he makes the team. Just because someone gets signed, it's far from a sure thing they are on the opening day roster.
This. Hawks are taking out insurance fliers right now with all the uncertainty of the health of Lane and Simon.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
He might be a fit even though some say Stevie Wonder is better in coverage...

Cary-Williams-fake-tough-guys.jpg

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JTB":1nf84qdj said:
Want to see the terms but a solid signing. He's not nearly as bad as some on here have made him out to be.

He was a good CB at Baltimore and fits what PC wants in a CB skill set wise.
And he'll have a better supporting cast with the Seahawks LOB. :th2thumbs:

hawksurething

Reaction score
Cary Williams talks much trash,and is out spoken about truthful things too.

Hell fit in with our real attitude team.

Yes we know Cary can be burned,but remember Pete coaches CBs up to their full potential. Cary has loads of it too !

Now all that is left is to fix that passing game with AJ.

Go hawks !

original poster

Reaction score
I love that we've pretty much totally addressed the position in the space of a couple of days.

Now we can hit the draft hard at receiving corps, DT and OL. I really want a WR in the 1st.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
He's an average corner than can be above average or good in our scheme. He wasn't all that bad. Bradley Fletcher, the CB playing across him was. Good signing.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Anyone surprised by the contract numbers? 3y/$18M seems a little much. They must know something we don't...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not surprised at the contract.. He plays a premium position, with a weak draft looming and not many great options on the market.. 6M a year makes sense.

Not wild about this signing at all but in Pete/John I trust.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":b127zl8i said:
Anyone surprised by the contract numbers? 3y/$18M seems a little much. They must know something we don't...

There were 4 teams pursuing him, so it's not like we could have had him for peanuts. Still, he only got $5M guaranteed. If he ends up sucking, he's not hard to move on from.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He will be just fine.

Sherman would have looked bad in that Eagles secondary, they blitz a shit ton and were awful at safety. A press bail corner in the wrong scheme is going to look bad. Can he re-direct, can he press, and can he bail? Yes he can.

There are a half dozen teams trying to find long corners. The draft will be filled with reaches on the longer corners. Our depth is an issue right now with Lane unlikely to be much of a factor quite possibly for all of 2015. 3 years ago, Cary Williams could have been had for peanuts. But the NFL model has changed, because Seattle changed it, and the Patriots proved it. Press Bail cover 3 has put those players at a premium.

And once again the Jets are trying like hell to get guys we want.