Cary Williams

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm impressed with the amount of improvement we have seen so far. At some point he will level off but it doesn't look like he is there yet. Now with Kam back and Earl getting back to a healthy playing status I am starting to wonder how good this version of the LOB will become.

Above said no one is throwing outside on Seattle. Imagine how good the LOB could become around playoff time if Lane comes back and gets back to game shape.

justafan

Reaction score
He played a great game.He is going to have let downs but he is did all you can ask of him against Detroit.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":299u8637 said:
SomersetHawk":299u8637 said:
A better QB could have exposed him tonight. Didn't think his coverage was great, got beat fairly consistently and a couple of times deep but we had Earl over the top most of the time.

Did nothing bad, but I saw nothing worthy of the praise he's getting round here tonight.
Your posts indicate one who is an overly critical and poor observer.

You're welcome to your opinion but the sentiments toward Williams could be very different but for a poorly placed throw and a fantastic play by Kam Chancellor.

I'm not going to be hard on him, he's doing a serviceable job, and for that reason he deserves some credit. That said, I'm not going to sing his praises yet, his tackling's looked suspect at times and he can look pretty loose/slow in coverage. He'll have a tougher test this Sunday, I sincerely hope you can come on here and call me out after he shuts down Green/Sanu.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
We find out about Williams this week because he has AJ Green, Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu to run and tackle against this week and he will also have to tackle in space against Gio Bernard in the screen game and Jeremy Hill as well.

Burley being out takes away our true nickel/slot CB, where Shead has filled in nicely, but we may be forced to play another CB if Simon isn't healthy enough to play.....If Simon plays, I think it simplifies the offense for Dalton and Cinci, they will attack him and prove he is healthy and can tackle/cover.

Williams is the least of our problems folks, if he is 100% for the entire season, no one will beat Seattle, once the entire defense rounds into shape and the offense gets sorted out in November and beyond.

The play Williams got beat on with Calvin Johnson is the pivot route that New England ran all game with Edelman against Simon, who wasn't capable to stopping it. Once Jeremy Lane and Burley are both healthy, I think we have a chance to be really good, but our standards are really high and deservedly so.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":3qz8u3vv said:
Thought I'd see how Eagles' fans feel about what was essentially a "trade" for our corners. First forum I found had basically what I expected to read:
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ry19571169

In that link is a pic that everyone should take a look at. If that is what is meant by the Gruden grinder..ya ok. LOL

As a matter of fact...think I shall go back and post it here. It is awesome.

Here it is...

Attachments

• GrudenGuru.jpg
    GrudenGuru.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,113

justafan

Reaction score
A lot of people are critical of Maxwell.I liked the guy I thought he did a great job coming from being our 4th best CB to standing up to the heat and helping us to 2 SBs.

Not every team could have withstood the loss of Browner and Thurmond.Got to give him his props for that.

massari

Reaction score
What a difference a week makes.

Hopefully he gets back to his Detroit form.

It seems like all season after he has a good game there'll be threads like this then the week after people will be reminded that he's just a journeyman who shouldn't be making 7M.

massari

Reaction score
Basis4day":3boiew73 said:
Is the fan base finally ready to embrace him?

Second bad game in a row.

7M is looking really bad at this point.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":23z1rm70 said:
Basis4day":23z1rm70 said:

You're really trying to blame this loss on him?

:lol:

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1r6tr4op said:
massari":1r6tr4op said:
Basis4day":1r6tr4op said:

No, he had another bad game. I'm not ready to embrace him. Just answering the OP question. :lol:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Afraid Sherman takes some blame today. He and Earl blew the OLSEN TD. Let him go in untouched.

massari

Reaction score
Basis4day":38kulm2t said:
massari":38kulm2t said:
Seahawks shouldn't have signed Williams+Kearse. Should've put that money towards the OL.

So many good CB's signed for way less than Williams this past off season.

I've never had anything against him as a player, just his salary should've gone towards the OL.

Which cbs were available at that time that fit our scheme? Which oline players were available that fit our scheme did we miss out on?

Free Agents they got:

Cary Williams(7M)
Kearse(2.36M)
=9.36M

Free Agents they could've got:

CB-Charles Tillman(2M) or Alan Ball(3M)
RT-Barksdale(2M)
G-Mathis(3M)
G-Incognito(1.1M)
C-Wisniwski(2.5M)
=10.6M

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":1rzt3uju said:
Hasselbeck":1rzt3uju said:
massari":1rzt3uju said:
Basis4day":1rzt3uju said:

No, he had another bad game. I'm not ready to embrace him. Just answering the OP question. :lol:

Good.. keep trumpeting your hate Cary 2015 bandwagon. Have fun with it. :th2thumbs:

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3jji9kgn said:
Good.. keep trumpeting your hate Cary 2015 bandwagon. Have fun with it. :th2thumbs:

:lol: And you have fun riding the Bevell one. :th2thumbs: