Cassius Marsh hated being with Pats

chris98251

Reaction score
Most great players force opportunity to happen because they are great. When a chance come to play they stand out and make the Coaches have to let them stay on the field because of their play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":amfud9bp said:
Most great players force opportunity to happen because they are great. When a chance come to play they stand out and make the Coaches have to let them stay on the field because of their play.
Yep, take the choice out of the coaches hands by stellar play on the field. Unfortunately, sometimes some coaches are the last to recongnize talent of said individuals. Some coaches are “size queens” and you see them go with size over talent or athleticism due to “conventional thinking” or other biases (see a player’s reputation) over a more talented but maybe smaller in stature player.

You see it all of the time in highschool sports, even baseball. If said player keeps playing at a high level The coaches usually figure it out but sometimes it takes half a season to do so.

Call me crazy but I’d take athleticism and high sports IQ over size any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Many coaches missed on Jose Altuve and Russell Wilson, 2 of the best at their sports.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ga1gy48 said:
chris98251":1ga1gy48 said:
Yep, take the choice out of the coaches hands by stellar play on the field. Unfortunately, sometimes some coaches are the last to recongnize talent of said individuals. Some coaches are “size queens” and you see them go with size over talent or athleticism due to “conventional thinking” or other biases (see a player’s reputation) over a more talented but maybe smaller in stature player.

You see it all of the time in highschool sports, even baseball. If said player keeps playing at a high level The coaches usually figure it out but sometimes it takes half a season to do so.

Call me crazy but I’d take athleticism and high sports IQ over size any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Many coaches missed on Jose Altuve and Russell Wilson, 2 of the best at their sports.
I agree with you but I don't think the coaches have a chance to recognize so they look at college ball as the players opportunity. In today's NFL it's 'win now, cuz if you haven't shown it yet I don't have time to sit around and wait for it'.

adeltaY

Reaction score
hawkfan68":e8vtyvi1 said:
SoulfishHawk":e8vtyvi1 said:
What has Marsh ever done in the NFL? exactly........

Well, he was great at racking up late hit and roughing the passer penalties.

Haha beat me to it. That 2016 game @LA sticks out to me. He honestly had some bad luck where his fingers went in Keenum's facemask as he made the sack, but I'm sure he could've avoided it.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
NINEster":225ieox0 said:
Playing for 3 teams in one year indicates to me the guy is seen as having talent and just in need of the right situation.
Or could be that he likes to travel and is a journeyman at heart.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Trrrroy":12g175s8 said:
NINEster":12g175s8 said:
Playing for 3 teams in one year indicates to me the guy is seen as having talent and just in need of the right situation.

He's been in two of the best situations in the NFL, working with two of the best defensive minds in the NFL. I don't think situation has been his issue. I don't think coaches believe that either. Especially the 49ers, who signed him to play in a system he already was mediocre in.
They did that because they didn't have anything remotely close to a Leo on the roster, and he was available. They added Attaochu, and are going to give Eli Harold a chance to play on the end during nickle situations, but basically, all their pass rushers were interior pass rushers, so they took a flier on him.

And, unsurprisingly, he did pretty good compared to the garbage they had at the position at the time.

Latest posts