Cassius Marsh injured in Seahawks Weds Practice

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3v2zj5er said:
I've asked this in some other threads but as of yet no one has given me an answer but why is LJP playing guard? There was a report from Monday's practice that he had moved to guard and Schilling was moved to Center. This move wasn't reflected in the "official depth chart" thread so I dropped it but according to this story LJP is still practicing at Guard. He was a pretty good back up at Center so does this mean they are giving up on Schilling at guard as Sweezy's back up or is Carp's health the issue?
I have got to report this to my brother about LJP. He has been saying for the last couple years that he should be playing guard. He's so high on him that he thinks he could be a pro bowler. Too bad about Marsh though. I hope the MRI comes out clean.((fingers crossed))

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hawks46":36cswg88 said:
lukerguy":36cswg88 said:
I'm an optimist, so don't take this the wrong way.. but the fact that he limped off on his own power, lends no additional support to the comment that "he'll be fine."

Obviously if he tore his ACL & MCL he would need help walking off, but it's still possible for him to have torn an ACL and limp off.

The best case scenario is a sprain, but based on the reports I've read, I think we're going to lose him for the season.

Well, not trying to split hairs but the writer said he "walked off" and not "limped off". First guess would be a minor tweak. The Hawks aren't going to let him walk all over the place if he has signifigant knee damage, especially being ACL defecient in any way. Partial tears turn into full tears that way. And no, having an MRI doesn't mean it's serious. Most teams will have MRI's done as a precaution just to make sure it's not serious and the player can then continue to practice.

As to the ACL tear discussion, yes you can tear your ACL and walk off. WIthout a limp. I've done it. My orthopedic surgeon explained it like this "there are 3 groups of people that have ACL/ligament tears:

group 1 is the guys that can't walk, can't move it, have significant swelling, etc.

group 2 is guys that limp a bit but have good range of motion and can move around on it. After time and physical therapy, this group can move around and function mostly normally without surgery

group 3 is the folks that dang near don't know they tore their ACL. They live a normal active life and can function normally being ACL deficient.

Now, none of this is talking about functioning normally on a professional football field. I won't worry about Marsh until we hear more, but if he walked off normally, then walked back and watched practice, he's good. The very least the Hawks physicians would do is a drawer(probably misspelled) test and that would determine if he tore his ACL or not. I was walking normally without a limp the day after I tore mine. Then I went and got a drawer test and about came off the exam table after the guy pulled on my leg. It was excruciating and my leg literally dislocated.

Then I walked out of the room. Without a limp. Knees can be weird.

There are seven tests you can administer to see if you tore your ACL. Word would most likely get out of this probability and that is why I am confident.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":uwihd9x3 said:
brimsalabim":uwihd9x3 said:
I've asked this in some other threads but as of yet no one has given me an answer but why is LJP playing guard? There was a report from Monday's practice that he had moved to guard and Schilling was moved to Center. This move wasn't reflected in the "official depth chart" thread so I dropped it but according to this story LJP is still practicing at Guard. He was a pretty good back up at Center so does this mean they are giving up on Schilling at guard as Sweezy's back up or is Carp's health the issue?
I have got to report this to my brother about LJP. He has been saying for the last couple years that he should be playing guard. He's so high on him that he thinks he could be a pro bowler. Too bad about Marsh though. I hope the MRI comes out clean.((fingers crossed))

He's done both, but his primary role has been backup center. I vaguely recall he got sent in the the week 2 niner game last year after both Okung and Carp went out.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Basis4day":17x3ma3b said:
Seahwkgal":17x3ma3b said:
brimsalabim":17x3ma3b said:
He's done both, but his primary role has been backup center. I vaguely recall he got sent in the the week 2 niner game last year after both Okung and Carp went out.
I'm actually pretty stoked about this. I don't think it is about LJP getting reps at guard as much as it is Schilling getting reps at center.

LJP has been basically the main and only backup at center, so the Seahawks were reluctant to put him on the field in situations where he might have helped (and there were quite a few of those last year). If Schilling proves to be a serviceable center, then LJP is more likely to see the field.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
After his MRI, just slight sprain RT @FieldGulls: @RapSheet hear anything from your guy in Seattle on how bad Cassius Marsh's knee is?

Looks to be fine. As someone statement before he walked off on his own and didn't limp off.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
lukerguy":1au3lagg said:
based on the reports I've read, I think we're going to lose him for the season.

I don't agree with your analysis, I think he will be just fine. I guess I don't understand why or how you could conclude that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2msesfqk said:
lukerguy":2msesfqk said:

I don't agree with your analysis, I think he will be just fine. I guess I don't understand why or how you could conclude that.

News out just a sprain. :stirthepot:

jblaze

Reaction score
Rappaport is reporting that Marsh had a "slight sprain" of his knee yesterday. Sounds better than it looked originally.

Obviously we'll know more from the team later today hopefully but this is a good sign he'll probably just sit out a little bit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3q00wzti said:
ImTheScientist":3q00wzti said:
lukerguy":3q00wzti said:

Because he's an optimist. Didn't you read his post?
Lukerguy has never been an optimist he's not as bad as pre 2014 Blitzer but he shares the same zipcode.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2krgjnl5 said:
volsunghawk":2krgjnl5 said:
ImTheScientist":2krgjnl5 said:
lukerguy":2krgjnl5 said:

Because he's an optimist. Didn't you read his post?
Lukerguy has never been an optimist he's not as bad as pre 2014 Blitzer but he shares the same zipcode.

Whoa whoa whoa.........I am not that bad anymore, I have become much more positive. I mean I even used the term "cool beans" the other day!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Because he's an optimist. Didn't you read his post?[/quote]
Lukerguy has never been an optimist he's not as bad as pre 2014 Blitzer but he shares the same zipcode.[/quote]

Whoa whoa whoa.........I am not that bad anymore, I have become much more positive. I mean I even used the term "cool beans" the other day![/quote]

Atta boy! Seriously, you have gotten a lot better this year. I think it's more of a tradition to make fun of your pessimism than any indication of how you are now.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa.........I am not that bad anymore, I have become much more positive. I mean I even used the term "cool beans" the other day!
I did say pre-2014 Blizter this year you have been much improved. :)

Latest posts