Seahawks were 6-4 after week 11 in 2014.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
49ers, Cowboys, 49ers, Eagles.

2014 weeks 12-16
Cards
9ers
Eagles
9ers
Cards
Cards finished 11-5 second to the Hawks

Funny how similar the situation.

Hawks finished that season 6-0 with a final week win vs the Rams.

hoxrox

Reaction score
If they beat the 9ers somehow on Thanksgiving, I can see them going 2-2. If they lose... 6-8 here we come.

12s attending the game, please make sure Purdy and their line can't hear a thing on Thursday. This is like a playoff game.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The 2014 team would wipe the floor with this team.

Apples and oranges my friend
Never compared the teams just the similar schedule.

Thanks for pointing that out though…I would’ve never guessed the SB winning LOB team was better than the current version.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still has nothing to do with Thursday. Just gotta' be the better team that night. Look at the NFL in 2023, there have been several upsets, shocking results etc.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
2014 weeks 12-16
Cards
9ers
Eagles
9ers
Cards

Carson Palmer was out - the Seahawks played Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley.........

The Niners were an 8-8 team that year

For the Eagles that was Chip Kelly's good year - 10-6, sure but....not a world beater

The Niners, Cowboys and Eagles this year are three of the best teams in the league, head and shoulders above the teams on this 2014 schedule

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
False equivalence, different situation, different team.

I think we’ll make the playoffs, but I think we’re just going to barely sneak in.

If we pick up two wins, one vs. the 49ers another vs. the Cowboys or Eagles. I could see us sweeping the Cards.

The Seahawks have been known for dropping easy games but also sneaking in a win that they probably shouldn’t have.

If we split with the Niners and sweep the cards, and beat either Dallas or Philly that leaves us with 10 wins.

Not a lot of room for error here in this stretch of games. It’s doable though. Sweeping the Cards and picking up one vs. the Niners is our path.

That being said, this team isn’t going far in the post season this year.

cymatica

Reaction score
2014 weeks 12-16
Cards
9ers
Eagles
9ers
Cards

Huge difference. The 2014 team wasn't dealing with injuries and had HOF players all over that team. One of the best defenses in decades and before the NFL completely neutered them, our safeties now aren't in the same league as Kam and Earl. Dline was always getting pressure . They had a generational running back and the best running attack. They made good in game adjustments.

Yeah, not even remotely similar

toffee

Reaction score
Still has nothing to do with Thursday. Just gotta' be the better team that night. Look at the NFL in 2023, there have been several upsets, shocking results etc.

With the Rams, we played well enough or poor enough to win, with a team that we ought to dominate on paper. Let's focus on the well enough approach, we really could have won, couldn't we? With the 9ers, I am feeling confident, and I am predicting a win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't think they had any business losing on Sunday. That was an absolute choke job. Nothing less.
And while I think we lose on Thursday; I won't be massively shocked if we pull it out. Pete's record on Prime Time is among the best of all time.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Huge difference. The 2014 team wasn't dealing with injuries and had HOF players all over that team. One of the best defenses in decades and before the NFL completely neutered them, our safeties now aren't in the same league as Kam and Earl. Dline was always getting pressure . They had a generational running back and the best running attack. They made good in game adjustments.

Yeah, not even remotely similar
Once again I didn’t say the teams were similar, the record and upcoming games are similar.

I swear reading comprehension is suspect around here.

strohmin

Reaction score
Seahawks had a 6-4 record in 2014 and still went to the Super Bowl, Some of our fellow fans on .NET might be jumping ship on the season too early.
That team also had the confidence of winning a superbowl the previous year and they also were lucky that they didn't experience that dumb 1 yard line decision yet.