Seahawks were 6-4 after week 11 in 2014.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Despite all the sky is falling takes I see on here and Fakebook, I still think Pete is a good coach. I think he finds a way to win this one and they squeak into the playoffs. This team isn't even close to the 2014 team talent wise though, although they dropped an inexcusable one to the Saint Louis Rams...

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Why do people have to compare a current team to a former one from like ten years ago? It's like saying, "Hey guys, we're 6-4, but did you know back in 1974 the team was also 6-4? And they went on to win the Super Bowl. Same thing gonna happen dude, history repeating itself." People make fun of the Cowboys and their fans for constantly referencing the 90's and their Super Bowls because they're irrelevant today. The same goes for this.

It's asinine. Everything about the 2023 Seahawks is different from the 2014 Seahawks. The HC is the same but most of the staff is different and so is 98% of the roster. Other teams have evolved too and their rosters have changed. It's not a consistent measurement when looking at how this team is going to currently perform.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That team also had the confidence of winning a superbowl the previous year and they also were lucky that they didn't experience that dumb 1 yard line decision yet.
or blowing a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter. Which almost ALWAYS gets glossed over.

strohmin

Reaction score
or blowing a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter. Which almost ALWAYS gets glossed over.
Cliff Avril and Jeremy lane were hurt. Earl thomas wasnt 100% and we had Tharold Simon at CB getting picked on which is something that gets glossed over as well. The defense bailed the offense out many times during the year. The offense could have repayed them this one time.

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks had a 6-4 record in 2014 and still went to the Super Bowl, Some of our fellow fans on .NET might be jumping ship on the season too early.
Gotta love the way someone tries to inject some positivity, then gets dumped all over:)

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seahawks had a 6-4 record in 2014 and still went to the Super Bowl, Some of our fellow fans on .NET might be jumping ship on the season too early.
Bro you're comparing this team to the hall of fame team 10 years ago. Moot comparison.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

I'll agree that a lot of people here appear to have "Chicken Little syndrome." I have to wonder if, when traffic on a highway slows down to 60 MPH or so, they throw up their hands and say "well, that's it. We're never going to get there and we're going to die of starvation here in the car!"

However, there are significant differences between the 2014 team and the 2023 team. The 2023 team is good and I am optimistic it will improve more before the end of this season, but the 2014 team was in its third year in a row of being the best team in the NFL by DVOA.

cymatica

Reaction score
Once again I didn’t say the teams were similar, the record and upcoming games are similar.

I swear reading comprehension is suspect around here.
If you're going to make a horrible comparison, don't blame people for pointing it out. Has nothing to do with reading comprehension

Last edited:

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
If you're going to make a horrible comparison, don't blame people for pointing it out
Do you know what the word similar means?

11 games with the same opponent including a stretch of games starting week 11 at
6-4 that includes 2 vs the 9ers and the Eagles.
They also played the 9ers on Thanksgiving.

You know… similar seasons

No where did I compare the two squads, no where did I claim this years team was as good.

The OP simply pointed out that you can’t give up on the team until it’s over.
I’m sure I could go back and find threads for week 11 2014 that were full of gloom and doom.

So it seems the only thing you’re pointing out is your poor reading skills.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
That team had a historically good defense, and an incredibly clutch QB. If you need help tempering your expectations, go watch the end of the first half against the Ravens. Me, to the TV, twice, "The one thing they can't do is take a sack here." Ooops. Geno proceeded to move backwards 30 yards despite having plenty of time to throw the ball away.

Reactions: Xxx

cymatica

Reaction score
Do you know what the word similar means?

11 games with the same opponent including a stretch of games starting week 11 at
6-4 that includes 2 vs the 9ers and the Eagles.
They also played the 9ers on Thanksgiving.

You know… similar seasons

No where did I compare the two squads, no where did I claim this years team was as good.

I’m sure I could go back and find threads for week 11 2014 that were full of gloom and doom.

So it seems the only thing you’re pointing out is your poor reading skills.

Yes I know what similar means, and the only thing similar is the record, everything else is completely different. In other words, trying to make a comparison with a completely different team a decade ago on records alone is the most ignorant comparison you can make. It means absolutely nothing. You 100% did compare the 2 squads, and everyone who read that had the same reaction I did, probably because just comparing records and a schedule makes absolutely no logical sense.

Yet, instead of admitting it was a bad comparison, you double down on stupid and try to insult my reading skills because I didn't lower my cognitive ability down to your level. That's some next level douche bag stuff right there

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Expect the stark difference is that no one doubted that 2014 crew. They won the Superbowl the previous year and were still dominate on defense in spite of injuries, and fans knew how legendary that team was and still is even with a Superbowl loss that year.

The 2023 team is not the 2014 team in any way other than the name of the franchise and the head coach. This current iteration of the team is inconsistent, self-sabotaging, and poorly coached.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I literally gave a breakdown of the “similarities” of the two seasons.

And guess what, it was more than just their record. It’s not every year the Hawks play the 9er’s on Thanksgiving.

Not one single word in my posts compared the two based on the talent or greatness of either squad nor equating the possible outcome of this season to the known outcome of 2014.

And this forum had plenty of doubters when the team started 6-4 in 2014

I don’t believe the OP meant this to be a comparison thread between the two, just an interesting coincidence in schedule and record after 10 games.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
These 49er games are going to tell us everything. Beat them on turkey day and that changes everything. We got the Eagles and Cowboys... They got the Eagles and Ravens. Take care of business against the 9ers.. win the division and anything can happen.

Reactions: Xxx

cymatica

Reaction score

And guess what, it was more than just their record. It’s not every year the Hawks play the 9er’s on Thanksgiving.

Not one single word in my posts compared the two based on the talent or greatness of either squad nor equating the possible outcome of this season to the known outcome of 2014.

I don’t believe the OP meant this to be a comparison thread between the two, just an interesting coincidence in schedule and record after 10 games.
That wasn't a breakdown, all you did was post the schedule and record and claimed it was similar. Except it's not even similar at all because every team this year is vastly different. They didn't get swept by anyone and their worst loss was to the Chargers by 9 points. Nothing similar, stupid comparison

Xxx

Reaction score

I get you man. Sooo you’re telling me there’s a chance….

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I didn’t claim…I showed you how it was similar.

The schedule doesn’t know or care if the teams are vastly different. It is just dates on the calendar.

I made no claim about being swept or margin of defeat.