Center and RB cuts?

Davidess

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2c8y3xoo said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2c8y3xoo said:
If all the RB's are good, I wonder if they would stash someone with niggling injuries like Prosise on IR to save space?

At this point it's highly unlikely.

Procise would have to clear waivers. For a player who has a significant injury -- this is more likely. Procise's injury is not severe and should be cleared up by the start of the season. Any team could claim him and keep him until the final cutdown.

Seattle doesn't have a lot of options with him but to wait him out. And if he gets hurt before the season starts -- then try to get him to clear waivers (when any team that claims him has to keep him on the active roster for 3 weeks).

Seattle could also just keep him on the active. We've committed active roster slots for projects before.

I think if his (Prosise) Hammy is still nagging him throughout preseason I think the hawks will still keep him on the 53. I don't see them cutting him and hoping he can make it to IR. its really risky and Prosise is a pretty good prospect to have hope he makes it through waivers.

Davidess

Reaction score
McGruff":1pv7rzkn said:
Always feel bad for injuries. Tough break for those guys.

But FB's are a dime a dozen, and who is Ronnie Shields?

Ronnie shields is a TE. camp body.

kearly

Reaction score
RB: Rawls, Michael, Procise, Collins
C: Hunt, Britt

Last year they kept 4 RBs and 3 centers. I think it will essentially be the same this year, except that Sokoli will now count as a guard instead of a center.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I disagree on your RB prediction...nobody knows 100% for sure that Rawls will make it back by Week 1. C-Mike is the only other RB that has had a 100-yard game in the NFL. They can't get rid of Michael and depend on unproven rookies. C-Mike will be there, and after his turnaound, I think he deserves another chance. The rookies will get some snaps, and they'll hang on to at least Prosise and Collins on the 53-man roster.

They will keep Hunt over Lewis if they only keep 2 Centers. They don't like something about Lewis...maybe his ceiling is just too low and they simply don't see him as their Center of the future. This is the 2nd year in a row that they haven't given him the starting job, even though he proved to bea more or less average or below-average Center. I think they'll keep Lewis until midseason just in case (like last year), but if Hunt and Britt are doing okay, they might just get rid of Lewis.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Michael has grown into a consistently physical runner. Five yards a carry is nothing to sneeze at. He's just got to stay hungry, master that playbook, and improve his ball security and pass blocking.

Stays at RB: Rawls, Michael, Collins, Prosise (???), Amosa (???)
Released: Cottom (IR), Madden, Marshall, Brooks

Stays at C: Hunt, Britt, Lewis

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1vnm5v22 said:
Michael has grown into a consistently physical runner. Five yards a carry is nothing to sneeze at. He's just got to stay hungry, master that playbook, and improve his ball security and pass blocking.

I don't see him any where near a physical runner, I see him as a slasher that goes down on contact no delivering a blow or shedding contact with pumping his legs. He has improved, but he is still very aware of ball security and that is a marked improvement it but also a focus once he gets into a tackling situation rather then churning and pumping his legs.

Sadly he is following one of the greats of the game so comparison of a physical back has a standard that he is looked upon as lacking, he may or in fact very few league wide will meet that level, but a certain level of angry running has to be achieved to be considered physical. Walter Payton was a physical back as well but did it a bit different. Rawls looks to deliver a shot rather then take one at the ends of his runs. It seems to help with longevity as well as prevent injuries since your giving the hit more often then taking a hit.

I really see him more of a Shaun Alexander runner at this stage, which isn't all that bad.

seabowl

Reaction score
chris98251":2udwcmq1 said:
hawknation2016":2udwcmq1 said:

I don't see him any where near a physical runner, I see him as a slasher that goes down on contact no delivering a blow or shedding contact with pumping his legs. He has improved, but he is still very aware of ball security and that is a marked improvement it but also a focus once he gets into a tackling situation rather then churning and pumping his legs.

Sadly he is following one of the greats of the game so comparison of a physical back has a standard that he is looked upon as lacking, he may or in fact very few league wide will meet that level, but a certain level of angry running has to be achieved to be considered physical. Walter Payton was a physical back as well but did it a bit different. Rawls looks to deliver a shot rather then take one at the ends of his runs. It seems to help with longevity as well as prevent injuries since your giving the hit more often then taking a hit.

I really see him more of a Shaun Alexander runner at this stage, which isn't all that bad.

I actually see more Ahman Green then I do Alexander.

Fade

Reaction score
Erebus":1uw6y1li said:
I think our offense works much better without a FB. I don't have anything against Cottom, but I'm not rooting for a FB to make the team at the expense of a better player just because he's a FB. I'd rather see Rawls, Prosise, Collins, and either C-Mike or Brooks make the team.
At this point with Cottom's injury I would agree. Keeping a scrub fullback only to utulize him 5 plays a game because they are using 2 TE, and 3 WR sets 85% of the time would be dumb. I would rather keep an extra TE, WR, or HB.

Tie this in with Jimmy and Rawls coming off major injury, and I would think you would want to be well stocked at both TE & HB to start the season.

At this early stage:

Britt, Hunt

Rawls, C-Mike, Collins, & Prosise

0 Full Backs

I think Cable is arrogant enough to think he doesn't need Patrick Lewis. The only player on the team to play C in an actual NFL game, which I think is a mistake. Lewis has won 80% of his regular season games he has started for the team (16-4). Hopefully he still makes the team. He has been the safety net the last 2 seasons for the Hawks.