Champions League 2013

Gatehawk

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1f07ozkw said:
Unfortunately Napoli has to play in Europa League despite beating Arsenal 2-0.

The only baffling thing about it was that Arteta was sent off for what seemed like a soft challenge to me(and he only committed 2 all game), yet Napoli players, namely Behrami and Mertens, only had a couple yellow cards despite countless reckless challenges frpm them.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
The only baffling thing about it was that Arteta was sent off for what seemed like a soft challenge to me(and he only committed 2 all game), yet Napoli players, namely Behrami and Mertens, only had a couple yellow cards despite countless reckless challenges frpm them.

I agree, however Arteta's poor form is the real concern for Arsenal, or at least it should be.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1hjena5t said:

I agree, however Arteta's poor form is the real concern for Arsenal, or at least it should be.

It would be if not for the fact that Arsenal have cover in Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla and Rosicky. If Arteta was their best Midfielder, then it would be a problem, but he isn't.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ry8zxbr said:
Hard luck, Gate. That's Arsenal out of it at the first hurdle. City will find it tough, too, although they might score enough goals in the home leg to put it out of Barca's reach.

United handed a gift, although those Greek away fixtures can be tough. Same deal with Chelsea.

Cant see Chelsea or United struggling with either of those ties. City may have the proper midfield to beat Barca (as Bayern showed how to do last season). Arsenal-Bayern as good as it gets.

I like Atletico to get to the final 8. I really see them as a semifinal threat.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2jxrqx03 said:
Hard luck, Gate. That's Arsenal out of it at the first hurdle.

It's just another chance for Bayern to let Spurs fans down.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I don't see Arsenal beating Bayern. I do however like City's chances to beat Barcelona on aggregate and advance to quarter finals.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Sanogo really is getting a baptism by fire. His first Arsenal start comes against Liverpool in a massive FA Cup match and now he starts in a crucial Champions League match 3 days later against Bayern Munich.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":cozcxf5u said:
Sanogo really is getting a baptism by fire. His first Arsenal start comes against Liverpool in a massive FA Cup match and now he starts in a crucial Champions League match 3 days later against Bayern Munich.

great pen by Ozil....

Sanago looks better than Sunday. you know Sanago is older than Sterling and barely younger than Coutinho right? the lads playing. he's 21 though. "baptism" at 21?

Gibbs off... that hurts

and Monreal screws Arsenal... and that just makes the whole thing even more hilarious.

what will Arsenal do here...0s with a full 50 to go, down to ten, away tie coming

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Ozil definitely needs to head to the spot with a couple of ideas for his pk's as it seems he only comes up with one idea and if it doesn't work he still goes for it.

Gibbs injury and now Szczesny being sent off definitely screws up the game for Arsenal.

And people said Ozil's PK was bad, Alaba got Fabianski to go the wrong way and he goes wide on the PK.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":16wkr9je said:
Ozil definitely needs to head to the spot with a couple of ideas for his pk's as it seems he only comes up with one idea and if it doesn't work he still goes for it.

Gibbs injury and now Szczesny being sent off definitely screws up the game for Arsenal.

And people said Ozil's PK was bad, Alaba got Fabianski to go the wrong way and he goes wide on the PK.

The Gibbs thing is a far worse bit for arsenal than the Ozil miss (although come on, its one thing to bang it off the post, Ozil tried to chip his... thats ridiculous)

hate that its at 10 men, was a great match up to it. Lets see if Arsenal can hit bayern on the break. Ox Cham is working his side well/ he can do damage there

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3t7ju3fy said:
Yeah, Gibbs could be a big blow for Arsenal domestically.

when they announced Monreal's name over the loudspeakers I'm pretty sure Suarez perked up on his couch and grabbed his boots and a fork...

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Arsenal should've scored before the red card, Neuer's the only reason it's still 0-0. And honestly, Ozil's penalty was only bad cause Neuer didn't fall for the fake. All in all, Neuer is Bayern's MOTM right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1b9cjcvt said:
Arsenal should've scored before the red card, Neuer's the only reason it's still 0-0. And honestly, Ozil's penalty was only bad cause Neuer didn't fall for the fake. All in all, Neuer is Bayern's MOTM right now.

Gate.. its a horrible penalty, especially given the magnitude of the game. Dont defend it. that ball needs to be buried. No cheaky bs...

Neuer is one of the best in the world no doubt, and has been Bayerns best player. Thats not saying much though. they've been slow to find the game, to the credit of Arsenal (Ox-Cham and Sanago to a point, specifically).

I love Englands potential wingers in Adam johnson, sterling and Ox Cham going into brazil over the likes of the same tired ManU wingers theyve taken the last time out

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Just saw a vid that showed Robben spitting at Sagna when the right back was on the ground.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":o9sljl73 said:
Gatehawk":o9sljl73 said:

Gate.. its a horrible penalty, especially given the magnitude of the game. Dont defend it. that ball needs to be buried. No cheaky bs...

Neuer is one of the best in the world no doubt, and has been Bayerns best player. Thats not saying much though. they've been slow to find the game, to the credit of Arsenal (Ox-Cham and Sanago to a point, specifically).

I love Englands potential wingers in Adam johnson, sterling and Ox Cham going into brazil over the likes of the same tired ManU wingers theyve taken the last time out

I'm not defending the penalty dumbass. I'm just saying, Ozil went for a fake and then the shot and Neuer didn't fall for it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3li0itrv said:
Gatehawk":3li0itrv said:
Just saw a vid that showed Robben spitting at Sagna when the right back was on the ground.

So? Could it have been that he was just spitting, as most soccer players do regularly when out on the pitch? Sounds like a non-story to me.

wasnt even spitting, it was sweat from his chin...

poor from any Arsenal fan trying to push that agenda. grow up kids

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2ox3jafs said:
Uncle Si":2ox3jafs said:
Gatehawk":2ox3jafs said:

I'm not defending the penalty dumbass. I'm just saying, Ozil went for a fake and then the shot and Neuer didn't fall for it.

"Ozil's penalty was only bad because it was saved"

yeah, you're a bright one.

such a little turd

Gatehawk

Reaction score
It's nice to see Arsenal still going for it, but not taking to many stupid risks going forward.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pu7utsj said:
peachesenregalia":3pu7utsj said:
Gatehawk":3pu7utsj said:

So? Could it have been that he was just spitting, as most soccer players do regularly when out on the pitch? Sounds like a non-story to me.

wasnt even spitting, it was sweat from his chin...

poor from any Arsenal fan trying to push that agenda. grow up kids

You must resort to such tactics when your club hasn't seen a trophy in almost a decade.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2e9u8xdf said:
It's nice to see Arsenal still going for it, but not taking to many stupid risks going forward.

what now..... dumbass?

sure wouldnt want that "fake" penalty back now