Changing The .NET Header Logo Slightly

Should we change the tagline on .NET?

• Yes. Voice of the 12's

Votes: 37 27.8%
  • No. I am nostalgic and screw Texas A&M. Keep it.

Votes: 67 50.4%
  • Either way is fine with me.

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, let's not get bogged down by particulars...12's, 12s, 12'vz

I feel strongly that "The 12th Man" is antiquated. It's run its course, and my conviction is even stronger after hearing that our team has to pay some average college team 5 grand a year for us to use the term. Their fans are ALL bent out of shape over it, and it's just tired. Run its course. You want your precious "12th Man"? Go ahead and have it.

You have NO trademark rights on the number 12.

So the Seahawks switching to "12s" instead is a great move. It still encompasses the spirit of what that means, and it's progressive in the sense that it's not suggestive of one particular sex. No need for women to say "I am the 12th Woman".

In this new, updated and simple way, saying you are a 12 includes all of us without having to add any addendum.

WE ARE ALL 12's.

I hope we change the logo. It's not a deal breaker on any level of course but I would love to see this site reflect the changes the organization has made.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Aros":2cq1bhtg said:

I feel strongly that "The 12th Man" is antiquated. It's run its course, and my conviction is even stronger after hearing that our team has to pay some average college team 5 grand a year for us to use the term. Their fans are ALL bent out of shape over it, and it's just tired. Run its course. You want your precious "12th Man"? Go ahead and have it.

So the Seahawks switching to "12s" instead is a great move. It still encompasses the spirit of what that means, and it's progressive in the sense that it's not suggestive of one particular sex. No need for women to say "I am the 12th Woman".

In this new, updated and simple way, saying you are a 12 includes all of us without having to add any addendum.

WE ARE ALL 12's.

I hope we change the logo. It's not a deal breaker on any level of course but I would love to see this site reflect the changes the organization has made.
+1

I have no problem with being all-inclusive. We all know there are 11 men on the field, so the 12th Man is redundant and only for those not into the whole brevity thing.

"12s" is quick & easy. It's our number. I embrace it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Aros":68tqf2v1 said:
It's not a deal breaker on any level of course but I would love to see this site reflect the changes the organization has made.

The thing is the organization hasn't made that change yet. Shouldn't we wait to see what they do in 2016 before considering a change? The threats of a lawsuit didn't stop the Seahawks from using The 12th Man in 2005, and it probably won't stop us in 2016 and beyond.

:th2thumbs:

Omahawk

Reaction score
The 12s.
A new font would be nice for the subhead. And obviously the talons will need updating.

Omahawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":mry57vdn said:
Aros":mry57vdn said:

WE ARE ALL 12's.

+1

I have no problem with being all-inclusive. We all know there are 11 men on the field, so the 12th Man is redundant and only for those not into the whole brevity thing.

"12s" is quick & easy. It's our number. I embrace it.

:13: :th2thumbs:
Two great posts right there. All I can add is that grammatically, it is correct as 12s. There should not be an apostrophe. I don't know if the rule has a nickname like the Oxford comma does or not, but if we are going to use 12s as our new official nickname, let's use it correctly. Please don't ever use 12'vz, whatever that is.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
I say don't change it. It's awesome the way it is. "12th man" MEANS the fans. ...us