Cheated by the NFL

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3hcxtuxl said:
That call would not have been overturned anyway. There was not a clear recovery by the hawks on film. Sherm had a chance but blew it

I have to disagree. I rarely gripe and complain about the officiating ... but good Lord! How many horrible calls were there -- just in the 4th Quarter?

Russell Wilson gets hit late on a slide -- no call. I've seen the flag thrown there many times for stuff less than that.

How about Carpenter getting flagged for holding? Criminy! I want to know exactly what it was the official there was seeing ... because at least from my vantage point, I saw absolutely nothing. In fact, if you were to put together a teaching tape on how a guard is supposed to block -- that looked pretty textbook to me.

And of course the coup de grace the fumble on the last play of the game -- there's no question that WAS a fumble. And it sure looked to me like Sherman recovered that. To not have anyone reviewing that? Are you freaking serious? That is just flat out incompetence on someone's part. Complete and total crap.

ManBunts

Reaction score
The botched fumble call was just the icing. Horribly called game. So many missed holds, blocks in the back, late hits on Wilson. I'm not saying we played well. We didn't. But we were digging ourselves out of that hole. But you can't beat bad officiating.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
It doesnt matter what happen the on the last possession ... point is BLAME this so called tough defense they SUCKED and i hope they get their ass kick again.... DEFENSE wins championships... i guess everyone here forgot that. I dont give a shit if RW throws for 5000 yards that dont mean shit if you give up 30 points a game !!!! OVERRATED team.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
All these people who said get Gus Bradley out of here .... do you guys still wish that ??

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawkporvida":24zo3n7b said:
All these people who said get Gus Bradley out of here .... do you guys still wish that ??

You realize Bradley left two years ago right, and that we had a record setting defense last year without him, right?

xgeoff

Reaction score
hawkporvida":2gv7ai40 said:
It doesnt matter what happen the on the last possession ... point is BLAME this so called tough defense they SUCKED and i hope they get their ass kick again.... DEFENSE wins championships... i guess everyone here forgot that. I dont give a shit if RW throws for 5000 yards that dont mean shit if you give up 30 points a game !!!! OVERRATED team.

So, I agree that the Defense needs to play better, especially with respect to the pass rush. But the Defense didn't necessarily give up 30 points. Special Teams is responsible for 14 of them and Special Teams also allowed a critical 4th down conversion.

253hawk

Reaction score
BigMeach":3c3qey06 said:
What I'm confused about is how it was considered to be Rams ball out of nowhere? Were they saying the knee was down at there was no fumble? It seemed like all the refs were at the pile, then a minute into it one goes over and points saying knee was down...

Same reason as the Bowman recovery in the NFCCG. You know, that whole thing the NFL said they were going to fix because of that play. :roll:

cajunhawk

Reaction score
So the recap on ESPN claims C Harkey recovered the ball. By any chance was he the one who was on it and the ball squirted out from under him? If so...we got screwed.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Jacknut16":199fkss9 said:
drrew":199fkss9 said:
No matter what else happened in this game, that last call by the officials and the lack of a review was shameful. Seattle will get an apology midweek and it won't mean a damn thing.

Unreal, how do you not challenge to see who has the ball on a crucial play at the end of the game. Sherman was on it, and another Hawks arms were on it, obviously our ball.

Travesty doesnt even begin to explain that call.

Had no timeouts to challenge.
Should have been an automatic review.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
Right ... but at least Gus had a consistent defense and made adjustments ... this dude is all about we dont change of who we are BULLSHIT !! 1 good year doesnt make you a good D coordinator plus everything went the seahawks way.... its times like this that shows who you are and he SUCKS hasnt adjusted for shit... Only my opinion

hangumhi

Reaction score
BigMeach":1jvuvvz8 said:
What I'm confused about is how it was considered to be Rams ball out of nowhere? Were they saying the knee was down at there was no fumble? It seemed like all the refs were at the pile, then a minute into it one goes over and points saying knee was down...

Precisely! All the refs were standing there looking for the ball then all of a sudden a ref runs back and starts pointing at the ground??? If that were his stupid mindset from the get go why the heck didn't he call it 30 seconds earlier?? Everyone here saying that the call wouldn't have been overturned A. We only saw one angle on TV...how do you know they didn't have numerous other angles to review? B. It should have never been called Rams ball so there's nothing TO overturn!

firebee

Reaction score
The officiating has, once again, started sucking tulips, but that wouldn't fix our horrible blocking and special teams coverage. Hopefully this crap we saw was just a result of the Harvin Distraction and they'll get back on track next week. I kind of expected us to come out stale in the first half, but I didn't expect the team to be that bad. I would agree though... The refs are sucking eggs again. I don't really blame it on the refs as much as I blame it on Goodell and his need to constantly tweak out on different rules every year. That POS needs to go. The NFL is being ruined under his guidance as commissioner. He's complete garbage.

253hawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":15ugxua6 said:
Jacknut16":15ugxua6 said:
drrew":15ugxua6 said:
No matter what else happened in this game, that last call by the officials and the lack of a review was shameful. Seattle will get an apology midweek and it won't mean a damn thing.

Unreal, how do you not challenge to see who has the ball on a crucial play at the end of the game. Sherman was on it, and another Hawks arms were on it, obviously our ball.

Travesty doesnt even begin to explain that call.

Had no timeouts to challenge.
Should have been an automatic review.

Can't challenge under 2 mins anyway, unless the play started before 2:00 and ticked down into the 1:5x's. It's all booth review from then on.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawkporvida":16bhuvac said:
Right ... but at least Gus had a consistent defense and made adjustments ... this dude is all about we dont change of who we are BULLSHIT !! 1 good year doesnt make you a good D coordinator plus everything went the seahawks way.... its times like this that shows who you are and he SUCKS hasnt adjusted for shit... Only my opinion

How many good years did Gus Bradley have?

Adjustments???

LOL.

Msfann

Reaction score
Giblien":qnrt13n3 said:
Yeah, how they didn't even decide to look at it blows me away. I mean, at least look at the play. If they don't give it to us, ok, but at least look at the thing! :pukeface:

This is how I see it, we may have lost anyway. the replay might have gone in the rams favor. but at least take a look at it.

I don't care what happened in the game up to that point because the only thing that mattered was Seattle was down by 2 and the rams fumbled the ball with a minute left. no plays a half hour before that have anything to do with the situation on that play.

They should have reviewed it.

TwilightError

Reaction score
nanomoz":1nl4h2nw said:
No way that that gets overturned anyway. Makes no difference.

I dont buy this. It was much more obviously a seahawk recovery than a rams ball. I think they would have overturned it of we could have challenged it. Still, we deserved to lose for playin D like a lingerie football team.

Steve2222

Reaction score
If that play got reviewed the call on the field would have stood. Stop making a big deal about it

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If anyone has a video or GIF of the fumble please share. I have no idea how the refs decided the Rams recovered the fumble with the ball sitting under Sherman's gut and two seahawks surrounding him.

253hawk

Reaction score
Msfann":xos8945h said:
I don't care what happened in the game up to that point because the only thing that mattered was Seattle was down by 2 and the rams fumbled the ball with a minute left. no plays a half hour before that have anything to do with the situation on that play.

They should have reviewed it.

This. So tired of seeing everyone on the internet right now blaming the loss on one play here or there. Throw it all out the window; who cares. The game was still winnable in the 59th minute and the refs screwed up royally. This type of call/ruling has been a bane since Hochuli kicked it 6 years ago.