Cheated by the NFL

cajunhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":fe38e3gm said:
If that play got reviewed the call on the field would have stood. Stop making a big deal about it

They gave C Harkey the ball according to the recap on ESPN...he was outside the pile. This is a massive deal.

Galen96

Reaction score
The NFL lost a fan in me today, the same way professional wrestling lost me as a kid. Today confirmed to me that it is truly rigged through the officials.

endzorn

Reaction score
Blaming the officials when we got duped twice on special teams and we couldn't stop a fourth string QB from leading a late TD drive. Seems legit.

253hawk

Reaction score
Galen96":2yp939r8 said:
The NFL lost a fan in me today, the same way professional wrestling lost me as a kid. Today confirmed to me that it is truly rigged through the officials.

You mean the refs congratulating Fisher on his fake punt and then telling Pete to kick rocks after that call doesn't seem strange? And that the Rams had only 2 penalties all day after committing 26 in the past 3 games with Fisher and Gregg 'Bounygate' Williams?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't know how you can watch that play and not see it as Seahawks ball. Sherman is right on top of it.

The bigger issue is: who had the ball when they pulled everyone off the pile? If Sherman had it, then recovery was clearly by him on video. You can't say it wouldn't be overturned if it shows Sherman falling on top of it and he came out of the pile with the ball afterwards.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
endzorn":1i1g7kzx said:
Blaming the officials when we got duped twice on special teams and we couldn't stop a fourth string QB from leading a late TD drive. Seems legit.

So the refs can mess up a major call that would have given us a chance to win the game anyway because we played poorly?

Got it

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Steve2222":pi5ac6py said:
If that play got reviewed the call on the field would have stood. Stop making a big deal about it

The call was that the Ram recovered it and had possession.

The Ram clearly didnt recover it and have possession because the ensuing scrum commenced when the ball popped out of his arms.

So what exactly would have "stood"??

Im sure your answer will be fantastic.

suppaball

Reaction score
Pissed as I type this a little while later still, we got turned out on that last play. It was and should have been our outdamn ball just frakken peaved about it.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1hqy26tw said:
endzorn":1hqy26tw said:

So the refs can mess up a major call that would have given us a chance to win the game anyway because we played poorly?

Got it

Haha hilarious! Best response ever!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kag0331":1hkpr9jn said:
Don't know if it would get overturned the ball was by Sherman's legs not in his hands...
What's the real bummer is golden Tate walked due to Percy's monster contract and no one is talking about that, Tate is killing it in Detroit!
Hmmm, so, we need to talk about Harvin and "long gone" Tate instead of the erroneous bullshit calls/non-calls that the Officials made last week and again this week?
You go right ahead, and that way, I won't have to waste my time doing it LOLOLOL

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
On NFL Network they showed two comments from the NFL about the fumble. I think it was from twitter but I'm not on twitter so if anyone can find the comments and can post them I'd appreciate it.

The two comments seemed somewhat odd. The first said the NFL did review the fumble at the New York HQ but they did not see enough evidence to overturn the call. I'm suprised that they could review the play so fast as the next play was called pretty quickly.

The other comment said just because a team comes up with the ball, it isn't indisputable evidence that the person with the ball recovered the fumble. This seems to imply they agree someone from the Hawks came up with the ball.

The comments were from Dean Blandino. Seems like BS and I still don't get how they give the ball to the Rams..

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2l7n6nn9 said:
Hawkpower":2l7n6nn9 said:
endzorn":2l7n6nn9 said:

So the refs can F up a major call that would have given us a chance to win the game anyway because we played poorly?

Got it

Haha hilarious! Best response ever!

I get so sick of the smug almighty narrative "that wasnt the reason we lost the game"

No kidding. Doesnt make it ok to get screwed over though.

ALL NFL teams play poorly at times in games. One play CAN swing a game, as we know.

If that play is called correctly, we may win DESPITE playing crappy football at times, and thats why it hurts. NFL teams win despite poor play ALL THE TIME.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkinInLA":108q6s0r said:
On NFL Network they showed two comments from the NFL about the fumble. I think it was from twitter but I'm not on twitter so if anyone can find the comments and can post them I'd appreciate it.

The two comments seemed somewhat odd. The first said the NFL did review the fumble at the New York HQ but they did not see enough evidence to overturn the call. I'm suprised that they could review the play so fast as the next play was called pretty quickly.

The other comment said just because a team comes up with the ball, it isn't indisputable evidence that the person with the ball recovered the fumble. This seems to imply they agree someone from the Hawks came up with the ball.

The comments were from Dean Blandino. Seems like BS and I still don't get how they give the ball to the Rams..

NO WAY that was reviewed.

Seconds after the ref makes the call players were shaking hands and Pete was wandering in disbelief.

UTTER BS if that narrative comes out.

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
Fisher is on NFL Network now. He is asked who comes up with the ball and with a big smile on his face he says "the Rams".

When asked which player, he says "an offensive player".

Seemed like he knew they got away with one.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1dw6v6qn said:
endzorn":1dw6v6qn said:

So the refs can F up a major call that would have given us a chance to win the game anyway because we played poorly?

Got it

The refs are always going to mess up. That doesn't mean we have to.

Exittium

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1qeo368s said:
Hawkpower":1qeo368s said:
endzorn":1qeo368s said:

Got it

The refs are always going to mess up. That doesn't mean we have to.

Pretty amusing the refs who screw this game up happen to be a rookie crew.. isn't it also their 1st game? :snack: :stirthepot:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/523949315136688129[/tweet]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2kw3kihc said:
Hawkpower":2kw3kihc said:
endzorn":2kw3kihc said:

Got it

The refs are always going to F up. That doesn't mean we have to.

Right, because that is what I said. :roll:

As a fan, you should reasonably expect professional referees to know the rules. Its called integrity of the game.

When your team loses IN PART because of ineptitude of those who should be above it (especially with replay at your disposal), you have a legitimate reason to feel frustrated.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bitter":293bbjzb said:
As bad as the officiating has been, I refuse to complain about it until this team puts together some full games and shows us they can still be the team they claim to (and should) be.
REAlly?, so you're okay with evaluating that piss poor Officiating doesn't cost us games?
Maxwell= OUT, Bobby Wagner= OUT, Unger= OUT, Kam Chancellor hurting ,and THESE things are having a huge impact on the way you can call plays, but piss-poor Officiating only adds fuel to the fire ,and can be a huge stifling factor.
If the Officials don't want you to win, you ain't going to win.