Cheers.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2b7jptkm said:
rlkats":2b7jptkm said:
Sorry to agree. With Kittle and Sanders in. There is no way you all stack the box. You all are good but so are they. They force you to be honest. So no I dont think we lose. It would not have been a blow out no way. But we would have won. Jimmy had ZERO confidence or trust I. Any of the receivers and it showed. Oh he also did his typical aggravating throws. When. Will this guy throw it away in instead of forcing it. Damn.
This right here is a sign that Jimmy's ceiling is not very high at all. Wilson has, throughout his whole career, throw balls to anyone and everyone, including scrubs signed off the street for a game or two here or there. Look at the trust he showed for Hollister, that throw to the end zone where he was tightly covered and made that one-handed TD catch with. Hollister is our 4th tight end behind Dissly (IR), Dickson (IR), and Willson (out injured in the 49ers game)! Look at his freakin' career stats, and he wasn't even drafted, either: http://www.nfl.com/player/jacobholliste ... 56/profile - 25 career receptions in his three years in the league, all 17 with the Seahawks only over the past few weeks.

Good quarterbacks don't need to build a rapport with receivers; they put their receivers in a position to make catches, no matter who they are. Garoppolo's unwillingness to do this Monday night is very telling, IMO; in a good way for the rest of the league, but obviously not so much for 49ers.

This game has me unconcerned about him being a meaningful threat going forward. You guys are gonna need your defense to be a scary team (which, granted, you are because of them this year) - but I'm officially ignoring any praise/hopes that 49ers fans place in Jimmy G.

It'll take some seriously good performances from him against good opponents to change my mind, at this point.
Yeah keep in mind Russell Wilson had the following guys at his disposal in OT:

Jacob Hollister, practice squad TE 4 weeks ago, UDFA
Malik Turner, ST player, UDFA
Josh Gordon, been on the team at that point for 10 whole days
DK Metcalf, plenty of potential but still a rookie

Not seeing Jerry Rice or Lance Alworth in that list. Russ made it work with these guys.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You're a good man, Kats. Not because you agreed with me, but because you didn't respond like so many clowns do and just blindly defend your QB.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2897ihxt said:
RolandDeschain":2897ihxt said:
rlkats":2897ihxt said:
Sorry to agree. With Kittle and Sanders in. There is no way you all stack the box. You all are good but so are they. They force you to be honest. So no I dont think we lose. It would not have been a blow out no way. But we would have won. Jimmy had ZERO confidence or trust I. Any of the receivers and it showed. Oh he also did his typical aggravating throws. When. Will this guy throw it away in instead of forcing it. Damn.
This right here is a sign that Jimmy's ceiling is not very high at all. Wilson has, throughout his whole career, throw balls to anyone and everyone, including scrubs signed off the street for a game or two here or there. Look at the trust he showed for Hollister, that throw to the end zone where he was tightly covered and made that one-handed TD catch with. Hollister is our 4th tight end behind Dissly (IR), Dickson (IR), and Willson (out injured in the 49ers game)! Look at his freakin' career stats, and he wasn't even drafted, either: http://www.nfl.com/player/jacobholliste ... 56/profile - 25 career receptions in his three years in the league, all 17 with the Seahawks only over the past few weeks.

Good quarterbacks don't need to build a rapport with receivers; they put their receivers in a position to make catches, no matter who they are. Garoppolo's unwillingness to do this Monday night is very telling, IMO; in a good way for the rest of the league, but obviously not so much for 49ers.

This game has me unconcerned about him being a meaningful threat going forward. You guys are gonna need your defense to be a scary team (which, granted, you are because of them this year) - but I'm officially ignoring any praise/hopes that 49ers fans place in Jimmy G.

It'll take some seriously good performances from him against good opponents to change my mind, at this point.
Yeah keep in mind Russell Wilson had the following guys at his disposal in OT:

Jacob Hollister, practice squad TE 4 weeks ago, UDFA
Malik Turner, ST player, UDFA
Josh Gordon, been on the team at that point for 10 whole days
DK Metcalf, plenty of potential but still a rookie

Not seeing Jerry Rice or Lance Alworth in that list. Russ made it work with these guys.

Much as I dislike Erin, how many receivers has he had that look like all-pros when he was throwing to them, then looked like chumps when they left GB for a pay day?