The After Glow

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, it's been a minute since I could sit down the day after a game and enjoy watching all the NFL-related shows.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the dopamine high is a real thing. When your team wins, all is right with the world. It's amazing actually, how much emotional investment we place on our team. This place was a brutal cesspool of negativity during that 4 game losing streak and it's completely understandable. Had we lost last night, I shudder to think of the tone of .NET today.

No, a win doesn't magically erase our feelings about what needs to be done for this team moving forward. What it does do is soften the narrative if even for a day.

Did Pete save his job last night? We will never know. There's a million questions worth asking and a million answers we may not have.

So cheers. Just enjoy the day, basking in the subtle limelight of beating one of the NFL's darling East Coast teams.

We always have tomorrow to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great win. Was nice waking up knowing the team performed admirably in prime time.

Now, I want to see how they respond. Do they begin rolling, building off this momentum? Or did they blow their wad last night, and go out and lose 2/3 to teams they're honestly superior than.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It was a nice win, but it was against a team thats smack dab in the middle of their slump and a team Seattle owns for some ungodly reason. Heck, even I predicted a win against Philly.

I just can't get excited because I know what's coming. Same thing year after year.

James in PA

Reaction score
Not to sound too much like Pete, but I'm just enjoying the heck out of this one. I know so many Eagles fans and they know I'm a Seahawks fan. They needed this one as badly as we did. The fact that we pulled this off with our back up quarterback just makes it that much sweeter. I'll worry about the future later on. For now, I can't get enough highlights and interviews from this game!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You'd have better luck clapping with one hand. People are enjoying something; I MUST PUT A STOP TO IT!!!! Yells at cloud..........

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Would be nice to get at least one day after a great win and not hear from the "nice win, but..." crowd.

Oh well. 🤷‍♂️
I was just trying to generate discussion. I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade.

I'm super hyped over this win. It was nice driving to work listening to Brock and Salk after a huge prime time victory.

Again I'm just saying it'll be really interesting to see how they respond. But you're right. I will take a few days to celebrate. Lord knows some of us needed this win especially with stuff going on in our lives

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Dude, you say the same thing after EVERY win.
The Hawks won but...............

We get it already. Try to enjoy the ride, even just once.
Think about what you just said. I CAN'T GET EXCITED. That says it all.

I refuse to be swindled by this charade of a team. That's all. Beating a slumping Eagles team doesn't make everything right.

I'll get excited when and if they can win a playoff game.

bileever

Reaction score
Man, it's been a minute since I could sit down the day after a game and enjoy watching all the NFL-related shows.
You're so right about this. If my team wins, I enjoy watching other games, listening to the commentary and reading about all the games. If they lose, I can't stand to see any of it. Weird.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I refuse to be swindled by this charade of a team. That's all. Beating a slumping Eagles team doesn't make everything right.

I'll get excited when and if they can win a playoff game.

This misses the point of my post entirely. Can you not simply have ONE day to enjoy a nice win and worry about the state of the team tomorrow?

ONE DAY friend.

As a wise sage once said, take care yo’ mentals.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're so right about this. If my team wins, I enjoy watching other games, listening to the commentary and reading about all the games. If they lose, I can't stand to see any of it. Weird.
Like watching Red Zone after you already won a Thursday Night game........it's just plain more enjoyable.

sutz

Reaction score
I look back to the days before the internet, living out of state and scouring the local papers for Seahawks writeups, watching the sports talk shows waiting for anything about the Seahawks. Usually I got maybe a paragraph or two in the paper and a couple of minutes of highlights on Sportscenter.

Now, it's hell when we lose and a little bit of heaven when we win.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Not to sound too much like Pete, but I'm just enjoying the heck out of this one. I know so many Eagles fans and they know I'm a Seahawks fan. They needed this one as badly as we did. The fact that we pulled this off with our back up quarterback just makes it that much sweeter. I'll worry about the future later on. For now, I can't get enough highlights and interviews from this game!
I'm so happy we beat the matt patricia defense! that would have been a sickening storyline all week if not...

uncle fester

Reaction score
Some people need to see the team lose. That’s what floats their boat.

It’s why after every win there are six to ten new threads on dot net.

…And after every loss there are about four thousand.

Anyway, loving this afterglow. Take the fun times when you can!

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It was a nice win, but it was against a team thats smack dab in the middle of their slump and a team Seattle owns for some ungodly reason. Heck, even I predicted a win against Philly.

I just can't get excited because I know what's coming. Same thing year after year.
It’s a good thing we weren’t smack dab in the middle of a slump