Chicago Bears All Pro LB Roquan Smith requests trade

Mizak

Reaction score

I‘ll take him over Barton any day. Plus, he’s only 25 years old. Might be heading into his prime.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

I‘ll take him over Barton any day. Plus, he’s only 25 years old. Might be heading into his prime.

Wouldn't he play Brooks position?

Either way, it's tempting but no thanks. The Bears would ask for MINIMUM of one of our 1st rounders, and probably more.

I'd rather not get into another Adams disaster trade. We're now good at LB, so even though Smith is a beast, I'd like to keep our 1st round picks for trying to get our next franchise QB next year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

The guy's young and already All-Pro. The Bears are going to want a lot more than shiny rocks for him. The Seahawks would not only have to give up a lot to acquire this player, but then would have to pay him top-LB money. Would adding him, but subtracting the draft capital and players necessary to acquire him and make space for him on the roster, be worthwhile for the Seahawks? Are the Seahawks so weak at LB that they should sacrifice some of the capital (players and picks) that could turn into the team's next franchise QB next year?

I say no. And I don't know enough about Smith to evaluate Sarge's assertion that Smith plays something more like Brooks's position than Barton's, but it doesn't matter to me for deciding on this issue. Either way, I don't see LB as being an area where the Seahawks need to improve so much that it's worth sacrificing draft picks and possibly players for Smith.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
With the way we use LBs here a player of this caliber would be an absolute waste.