Chip Kelly has interest in 49ers head coaching job

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ra3drmf said:
Perfect. Go offense in a division all about defense. Just ask Arizona how that worked out.
The team that won the division? Ask them?

rideaducati

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3ii1j5lc said:
Scottemojo":3ii1j5lc said:
MizzouHawkGal":3ii1j5lc said:
Perfect. Go offense in a division all about defense. Just ask Arizona how that worked out.

Yeah that doesn't make much sense, now does it?

Just give it a few weeks guys... She knows what she's talking about. So the cards are like Peyton Manning in the REGULAR SEASON...when playoffs start, the cards will be like playoff Peyton Manning.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
One positive about Chip going to San Fran is that all of the good players already retired so he can't trade them away.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":xrh1cxaf said:
Hard to understand what Kelly is thinking here if this report is true. Nobody kicked his ass harder than the NFC West the past 3 years. Even playing in one of the softer divisions in football, Kelly had struggles at times. He would get killed in the NFC West.

SF is literally the very worst situation Chip could go to in the NFL right now, and when you factor in York / Baalke, it's not even close.
It's all because of Chip's monstrous sized ego. He should go back to college where his rapid paced offense belongs. It won't work in the NFL because of the stress it puts on a defense. But his ego is such that he wants to prove to the world that he's smarter than everyone else and that his offense will work at the NFL level. He's wrong. Someone will give him one last shot and they'll be sorry in the long run.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If Chip Kelly becomes the 49ers next head coach I'm going to pick another team, at least until he's fired.

It's not going to be the Seahawks, but another team it will be.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2rpp075q said:
If Chip Kelly becomes the 49ers next head coach I'm going to pick another team, at least until he's fired.

Wow. Hope you reconsider the Hawks though. Room on the blue bus.
".......the blue bus is calling us......"

rlkats

Reaction score
Popeyejones":41iy3rn9 said:

Well let me be the first to say. Bye. Have fun rooting to the team that wins the Super Bowl ( who ever that will be).

I'm a niners fan NO MATTER WHAT. And yes I will disagree with the Kelly hiring if that happens

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1kcwetb0 said:
One positive about Chip going to San Fran is that all of the good players already retired so he can't trade them away.

Listen, Chip's a man of great principle.

He wants all his players to know that while they may suck and lose, they're going to suck and lose on HIS terms. He has no place for anyone that doesn't think he's God and swing from his pubes.

No sir, if you don't think Chip's the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi, you're out!

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":zyip2kvw said:
Popeyejones":zyip2kvw said:

Well let me be the first to say. Bye. Have fun rooting to the team that wins the Super Bowl ( who ever that will be).

I'm a niners fan NO MATTER WHAT. And yes I will disagree with the Kelly hiring if that happens

Agreed.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":4pt8b8ko said:
rlkats":4pt8b8ko said:
Popeyejones":4pt8b8ko said:

Agreed.

Joining the likes of Cleveland Browns fans...have fun, guys.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
rideaducati":1y4p2c30 said:
FlyHawksFly":1y4p2c30 said:
Scottemojo":1y4p2c30 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1y4p2c30 said:

Yeah that doesn't make much sense, now does it?

Just give it a few weeks guys... She knows what she's talking about. So the cards are like Peyton Manning in the REGULAR SEASON...when playoffs start, the cards will be like playoff Peyton Manning.
We'll be seeing that again -- they just announced he's the starter for their playoff game.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hey rideaducati you would be saying the same thing if the roles were reversed. Unless your a bandwagon fan.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bkbxmte said:
Hasselbeck":3bkbxmte said:

Listen, Chip's a man of great principle.

He wants all his players to know that while they may suck and lose, they're going to suck and lose on HIS terms. He has no place for anyone that doesn't think he's God and swing from his pubes.

No sir, if you don't think Chip's the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi, you're out!
This is incorrect. Chip thinks he's better than Vince Lombardi.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":3m5ygaxb said:
Hey rideaducati you would be saying the same thing if the roles were reversed. Unless your a bandwagon fan.

I doubt many people jumped on the niner bandwagon while the niners were losing, no reason to expect people not to jump off when they stop winning.

I jumped on the Seahawks in 1978. Hardly a bandwagon jumper.

What I don't get is why anyone would want to be a niner fan in the first place UNLESS they jumped on the bandwagon in the mid 80's. I have yet to meet a fan of the 70's 49ers.

drdiags

Reaction score
The 60's 9ers (oh I made a funny) were not bad. I liked John Brodie and Gene Washington. I hated Kermit Alexander only because he landed the hit that forever changed my boyhood idol Gale Sayers' career.

I may be mis-remembering Gene Washington though but I thought he played with Brodie. Definitely didn't mis-remember that stinking Alexander (okay, maybe my mind is not as sharp as it used to be).

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1f5h4l0x said:
rlkats":1f5h4l0x said:

I doubt many people jumped on the niner bandwagon while the niners were losing, no reason to expect people not to jump off when they stop winning.

What I don't get is why anyone would want to be a niner fan in the first place UNLESS they jumped on the bandwagon in the mid 80's. I have yet to meet a fan of the 70's 49ers.

So then the "test" of a Niner fan requires they be like 50+ years old?

I know people here hate the Niners, but come on...you can't understand why someone would be a 49er fan? Please. Why would someone be a Seahawk fan in 1978? Works both ways.

I'm also a Giants and Warriors fan and it had been ALOT longer since those teams had been winners.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Let's look at the apparent Niners search so far:

-- Want to land a big name

-- Sean Payton stays with Saints

-- Want to talk to Dirk Koetter, so Tampa Bay make sure he isn't going anywhere

-- Erm....

-- Errr.....

-- Chip Kelly answers the phone

-- So does the Browns offensive coordinator

Fade

Reaction score

rlkats

Reaction score
rideaducati":34e0t0k1 said:
rlkats":34e0t0k1 said:

Considering I was born in 76 and became a 49ers fan while watching with my grandfather in the early 80's and have NEVER swayed I consider myself a lifer. So your coment is full of bs. I have been with them through good and bad and good and bad again. I will he here when hope to god they become good again.

Also we could say the same about the hawks. Finally great after all these years. Why would anyone want to be a hawk fan. But we dont because everyone have their own reasons and I have the class not to judge them.

Ih ya wasnt calling you a bandwagon fan, but you made my point about rooting for a team thank you.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rlkats":2nfe0yd6 said:
Popeyejones":2nfe0yd6 said:

It has nothing to do with winning or not, I just simply refuse to root for him.