Chip Kelly has interest in 49ers head coaching job

rlkats

Reaction score
Popeyejones":rzripsf4 said:
rlkats":rzripsf4 said:
Popeyejones":rzripsf4 said:
If Chip Kelly becomes the 49ers next head coach I'm going to pick another team, at least until he's fired.

It's not going to be the Seahawks, but another team it will be.

Well let me be the first to say. Bye. Have fun rooting to the team that wins the Super Bowl ( who ever that will be).

I'm a niners fan NO MATTER WHAT. And yes I will disagree with the Kelly hiring if that happens

It has nothing to do with winning or not, I just simply refuse to root for him.

I dont care who the coach is. As long as they return the winning ways without causing unprofessionalism and caos I dont care. Buuuut I do not see that happening with Chip.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":k3q7vuun said:
If Chip Kelly becomes the 49ers next head coach I'm going to pick another team, at least until he's fired.

It's not going to be the Seahawks, but another team it will be.

Why disqualify the Seahawks? Have an open mind, friend. :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ the last time I rooted for you guys was against the Broncos in the SB.

I prefer underdogs. You're too good. :)

Prolly an AFC team to avoid awkward Sundays. Bills maybe? Titans?

It would just be an intermission-length fandom until Chip got fired, which probably wouldn't take too long, thank god.

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^^ *Russian accent* Richard Sherman is disappoint.

rlkats

Reaction score
Popeyejones":konrxbs7 said:
^^^ the last time I rooted for you guys was against the Broncos in the SB.

I prefer underdogs. You're too good. :)

Prolly an AFC team to avoid awkward Sundays. Bills maybe? Titans?

It would just be an intermission-length fandom until Chip got fired, which probably wouldn't take too long, thank god.

Well probally for the better the hawks dont need another fair weather fan. Have a blast with the next bandwagon

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":34augesr said:
Care to go into specifics about why you despise the Chipstet so much Popeye?

I would have figured the faint of heart niner fans would have left a long time ago. Chip can't be worse than Ericson, Nolan, or Dinglebarry...

chris98251

Reaction score
Yep Doc, Brodie and Gene played together, surprised long time Ram fans didn't answer as well, 49ers were not great but they made noise against the Rams in those days.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":38ue11zs said:
Sgt. Largent":38ue11zs said:
Hasselbeck":38ue11zs said:
One positive about Chip going to San Fran is that all of the good players already retired so he can't trade them away.

Listen, Chip's a man of great principle.

He wants all his players to know that while they may suck and lose, they're going to suck and lose on HIS terms. He has no place for anyone that doesn't think he's God and swing from his pubes.

No sir, if you don't think Chip's the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi, you're out!
This is incorrect. Chip thinks he's better than Vince Lombardi.

He is. And so are a lot of other current NFL coaches, including Pete Carroll and Bruce Arians.
Lombardi in today's game would have a losing record year after year.
The game has changed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":2mnaei6l said:
I would have figured the faint of heart niner fans would have left a long time ago. Chip can't be worse than Ericson, Nolan, or Dinglebarry...

Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing. TBH I think the criticisms of Kelly's play-calling and all the in-game stuff is ridiculously overblown, and he's actually undervalued for those things right now.

Remember, a couple days ago I said that as a fan I'm obviously in it for the long haul, and that I thought the better long-term strategy would have been to give Tomsula another year. I was also an unwavering fan throughout the 9ers lost decade of the 2Ks.

If Kelly becomes the coach I'm just going to go on summer break until he's gone. I'd rather root for a 5-11 team with Tomsula than an 11-5 team with Kelly.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":nwim95ad said:

It's not rational. It's basically just that by all accounts he's a horrible person. Even when people try to defend him the defense ends up being "I don't think he's actually racist, he's just awful to absolutely everyone."

All of us root for teams that have despicable people on them; we either acknolwedge that or tell ourselves wild stories about how they're not really despicable.

If your team is employing a despicable OG or CB or whatever who's a domestic abuser or virulently homophobic or something you can still root for the team, but just not that player.

With a coach who's a despicable human being however it's kind of impossible to root for the team but not the coach.

Not claiming it's rational or anyone else should do it, but I simply refuse to root for Chip Kelly.

So, if he's the coach I'm not going to root for him and my fandom is going to go on temporary hiatus until he's gone.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3d204k54 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3d204k54 said:

It's not rational. It's basically just that by all accounts he's a horrible person. Even when people try to defend him the defense ends up being "I don't think he's actually racist, he's just awful to absolutely everyone."

All of us root for teams that have despicable people on them; we either acknolwedge that or tell ourselves wild stories about how they're not really despicable.

If your team is employing a despicable OG or CB or whatever who's a domestic abuser or virulently homophobic or something you can still root for the team, but just not that player.

With a coach who's a despicable human being however it's kind of impossible to root for the team but not the coach.

Not claiming it's rational or anyone else should do it, but I simply refuse to root for Chip Kelly.

So, if he's the coach I'm not going to root for him and my fandom is going to go on temporary hiatus until he's gone.
Thanks for the response. Makes sense to me. I always said if the Hawks ever signed Vick or traded for him, I would quit rooting for them at least until he was gone. I'm a dog lover in case you can't tell.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ut5euzb said:
Popeyejones":2ut5euzb said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ut5euzb said:

Thanks for the response. Makes sense to me. I always said if the Hawks ever signed Vick or traded for him, I would quit rooting for them at least until he was gone. I'm a dog lover in case you can't tell.

Yeah, we know...we've seen your wife. :stirthepot:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.