Chip Kelly hired by sf

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jason Cole reporting that 49ers went with Chip Kelly because Mike Shanahan wanted to get rid of Kap.

....but then again Jason Cole also reported Willis might return from retirement, the 49ers would interview David Shaw, and that the Raiders and Chargers were moving to LA.

IE...big grain of salt.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1jxilpkf said:
EverydayImRusselin":1jxilpkf said:
The only thing that worries me is Kaepernick is light years better than Foles/Sanchez/Bradford and I think Chip can build an offense around him.
I've always thought he would be effective in a read-option offense. Although the crucial element here is actually READING THE DEFENSE -- something Wilson is a genius at, and Kaep is...
...unknown at this time.
Don't let Chip Kelly hear you calling it a read-option, or he'll dress you down in front of everyone like he did Grant Cohn in his introductory press conference. ZONE-READ, not read-option...

Also Wilson doesn't even need to read defenses. Most of his picks come from in the pocket and most of his amazing plays come off of play-action or after pulling a Ginger Bread man on the defense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2v34nxdw said:
Lords of Scythia":2v34nxdw said:
EverydayImRusselin":2v34nxdw said:
The only thing that worries me is Kaepernick is light years better than Foles/Sanchez/Bradford and I think Chip can build an offense around him.
I've always thought he would be effective in a read-option offense. Although the crucial element here is actually READING THE DEFENSE -- something Wilson is a genius at, and Kaep is...
...unknown at this time.
Don't let Chip Kelly hear you calling it a read-option, or he'll dress you down in front of everyone like he did Grant Cohn in his introductory press conference. ZONE-READ, not read-option...

Also Wilson doesn't even need to read defenses. Most of his picks come from in the pocket and most of his amazing plays come off of play-action or after pulling a Ginger Bread man on the defense.

I saw that. My favorite part of the Press Conference.

Cohns are morons.

NINEster

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":180wz4wk said:
Lords of Scythia":180wz4wk said:
EverydayImRusselin":180wz4wk said:
...unknown at this time.

I agree, with you.....Wilson's first two picks on Sunday came from the pocket.