Chip Kelly OC talk again

James in PA

Reaction score
I think I can get on board with Chip Kelly if he doesn't revert back to the constant no huddle stuff. Need to pound the rock effectively and win TOP battles for a change. If he works out, we're set. No one is poaching a 60 year old who has already had 2 failed cracks at being a HC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
They MIGHT be waiting though. It's Thursday, they would only have to wait 4 more days.

I guess it's possible, but the interview processes are one of the most transparent in the league. Most insiders know which coaches are in the mix.......and no one's said one word about any of the Chief or Niner coaches.

I'd bet on Kelly, and it being announced by Saturday or Sunday. Unless he says no thanks, but IMO he wouldn't have even took the interview unless he was seriously interested.

chris98251

Reaction score
I guess it's possible, but the interview processes are one of the most transparent in the league. Most insiders know which coaches are in the mix.......and no one's said one word about any of the Chief or Niner coaches.

I'd bet on Kelly, and it being announced by Saturday or Sunday. Unless he says no thanks, but IMO he wouldn't have even took the interview unless he was seriously interested.
Yes but John is sneaky smart that way, he diverts peoples attention and then goes where he wants. I could see a Chiefs guy on the radar, Passing and Run Game Coordinator that does the play selections with Andy but just doesn't call them game day, Waldron type promotion.

I would still like to see them at least take a look at Bienemy as well, he actually was in the meetings with the Chiefs before they played the AFC Title Game. Could have been what pissed off the Commanders as a last straw also.

SweepSanFran

Reaction score
I was on board with taking a look at Bienemy but after looking in to him I understand that his players didn't care for the way he conducted business so I think he is probably a no if they are wanting to keep the same type of atmosphere that Pete had. I think JS is waiting until after the SB to interview some guys, do a true search no stone left unturned.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I was on board with taking a look at Bienemy but after looking in to him I understand that his players didn't care for the way he conducted business so I think he is probably a no if they are wanting to keep the same type of atmosphere that Pete had. I think JS is waiting until after the SB to interview some guys, do a true search no stone left unturned.
As far as Bienemy and his so called “ business “ is he coaches players hard some like , some don’t Lesean McCoy was 1 example Bienemy was his position coach ( RB ) and tried to coach out the way McCoy carrying the football like a loaf of bread it was a big reason McCoy never had very much playing time with the Chiefs

olyfan63

Reaction score
Shane "Between the 20's" Waldron.
Oh that Cincinnati game... something like 5 trips into the red zone with 3 points to show for it...
Someone probably has the exact numbers, I just remember we sucked epically in the red zone.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Is there someone on KC/Niners that were all missing?

RiverDog

Reaction score
As far as Bienemy and his so called “ business “ is he coaches players hard some like , some don’t Lesean McCoy was 1 example Bienemy was his position coach ( RB ) and tried to coach out the way McCoy carrying the football like a loaf of bread it was a big reason McCoy never had very much playing time with the Chiefs
This is a subject we've discussed quite often. There's something about Bienemy that's scaring teams off. The rumor was that he was just Andy Reid's clipboard holder and that the move to Washington was an attempt to get out of Reid's shadow and cut a clearer image of himself. But even with 8 HC openings this season, teams haven't even given him a second thought.

I'd be very leery of bringing in Bienemy.

James in PA

Reaction score
Quite a turn of events. I'm calling it now: Joe Bleymaier from KC will be our OC.