Chris Clemons released

Highlordb

Reaction score
Totally expected...now lets hope this means we bring in Allen!

ErikG803

Reaction score
One of the first guys to really start turning the tide over here. Good dude, good player, but also a good call by the FO if he's not willing to take a sizable pay cut

ManBunts

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like Gus Bradley is watching us and just salivating? He got Red, and I heard they interviewed Thurmond, wouldn't be surprised if Clemons gets a look from them. Gonna miss that guy.

aredub

Reaction score
This one hurts a little more than I expected it too. Love Clem, saw it coming just don't like seeing it go down like that. Good luck in the future CC, you're a beast!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Really liked Clemons here. Sad to think that maybe if he hadn't gotten himself ripped up on Washington's terrible dirt turf, things would have turned out a little differently, both in 2012 and even this year and beyond. Hope he finds some modicum of success elsewhere, or comes back with a restructure after things have cooled down a bit.

Not really the biggest surprise, though. And if it's any indication, we're in for another big defensive line signing around the corner.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3uc4tll9 said:
Really liked Clemons here. Sad to think that maybe if he hadn't gotten himself ripped up on Washington's terrible dirt turf, things would have turned out a little differently, both in 2012 and even this year and beyond. Hope he finds some modicum of success elsewhere, or comes back with a restructure after things have cooled down a bit.

Not really the biggest surprise, though. And if it's any indication, we're in for another big defensive line signing around the corner.

I really liked Clemons too, and figured he might be safe after we got Bennett at such a good price and he wasn't released immediately. I'm guessing this is more about bringing in someone else than it is about him restructuring. I was honestly looking forward to another season of Avril/Bennett/Clemons causing havoc in the backfield of opposing offenses. Hopefully whomever we bring in to replace him will play up to the standard we have become used to recently.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping we'd find a way to keep him around. The dude brought it every snap. Best wishes, Chris, thanks for the work!

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Bummer town, Thanks for the memories Clem!

Now lets go get Allen!

GCrow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3swmdtm8 said:
I'm guessing Demarcus Ware is about to be a Seahawk.

Everyone is - understandably - saying Allen. But this feels like a real PCJS thing to go down.

ErikG803

Reaction score
The thing is, I think a PCJS thing would be to all of a sudden re-sign Tate and do nothing about DE in terms of FA. Maybe they love Mawoya

I am hopeful this means Allen or Ware are about to come here though. But I hope Tate comes along with them

Highlordb

Reaction score
Ware would be totally crazy...steal him from Denver makes it even better!

davidonmi

Reaction score
Thanks for your efforts Clem, you'll be remembered
Looks like Allen will be a seahawk

uncle fester

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2orzg569 said:
:(

Hate it. Clem found new life here and gave 100% every snap. A true football player in every sense. Favorite memory was in the RRR last season where he verbally chastised Christine Michael for alluding to smoking weed "WE DON'T SMOKE DOPE!". Gonna miss him.

Couldn't have said it better.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":3d8iuktw said:
Wow, Jared Allen must be coming here is my first thought.

We had a hair north of 3 million dollars in cap space after the Bennett and McCoy extensions, I don't think this indicates anything on Allen.. more or less this cut came because Bennett was retained.

Zach Miller watch is next

Latest posts