Chris Collinsworth - Russell Wilson is the MVP

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is showing mastery of the offense and the Quarterback position to a level I haven't seen since Peyton Manning.

He's changing plays, he's checking into SPECIFIC run plays based on the defense. Against the Vikings, he didn't force the issue. They wanted to play 2 high safety, so Russell kept checking into run plays to gash them all night long.

A lot of that won't show up on the stat sheet, but man oh man. Lamar isn't even close to being on his level

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1wrbvbe0 said:
Russell Wilson is showing mastery of the offense and the Quarterback position to a level I haven't seen since Peyton Manning.

He's changing plays, he's checking into SPECIFIC run plays based on the defense. Against the Vikings, he didn't force the issue. They wanted to play 2 high safety, so Russell kept checking into run plays to gash them all night long.

A lot of that won't show up on the stat sheet, but man oh man. Lamar isn't even close to being on his level

Russ Football IQ is miles ahead of Lamar Jackson which isn't too surprising.

The fallacy in the media is that Jackson's play is sustainable and game changing. It's been proven time and time again that QB's that put their body in harms way do not last. Lamar is a great athlete playing QB behind a great line. Give him a mediocre to terrible OL and things change.

Lamar Jackson is the best athlete playing QB right now. Russ is the best QB playing QB right now. He does it all and with limited physical attributes and only modest talent around him.

Give him Dalvin Cook, Kyle Rudolph, Stephon Diggs and Adam Theilen and he'd destroy the universe.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Mad Dog":18ppmz57 said:
Scorpion05":18ppmz57 said:

Russ Football IQ is miles ahead of Lamar Jackson which isn't too surprising.

The fallacy in the media is that Jackson's play is sustainable and game changing. It's been proven time and time again that QB's that put their body in harms way do not last. Lamar is a great athlete playing QB behind a great line. Give him a mediocre to terrible OL and things change.

Lamar Jackson is the best athlete playing QB right now. Russ is the best QB playing QB right now. He does it all and with limited physical attributes and only modest talent around him.

Give him Dalvin Cook, Kyle Rudolph, Stephon Diggs and Adam Theilen and he'd destroy the universe.

Kyle Rudolph =Yes.
But based on their last game effort and in game attitudes I'll take Carson over Cook., Lockett over Diggs., DK over Treadwell. Theilen is dinged up. Our players are positive, tough, resilient.

Rat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":zr8azmhk said:
Notice that last season's wunderkind, Patrick Mahomes, is not even being talked about much anymore. All you heard was Patrick this and Patrick that. He was in the offseason but now it's Lamar this and Lamar that. Next season, Lamar will fade as defenses will get smarter when playing against him. Still RW will be consistently among the top performers as he has always been throughout his career. Very consistent and he just wins!!!
Is this a joke? Are you suggesting that Mahomes has been exposed because he dislocated his kneecap? He was being talked about a lot in the MVP conversation before that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rat":3je2uf7y said:
hawkfan68":3je2uf7y said:
Notice that last season's wunderkind, Patrick Mahomes, is not even being talked about much anymore. All you heard was Patrick this and Patrick that. He was in the offseason but now it's Lamar this and Lamar that. Next season, Lamar will fade as defenses will get smarter when playing against him. Still RW will be consistently among the top performers as he has always been throughout his career. Very consistent and he just wins!!!
Is this a joke? Are you suggesting that Mahomes has been exposed because he dislocated his kneecap? He was being talked about a lot in the MVP conversation before that.

Sorry if my point came across that way but that was not my intent. He was prior to his injury but I think Lamar's emergence would have put him on the back burner even if Mahomes was healthy all season. Lamar is the media darling this season. Mahomes was all the talk last season. Rightly so he had a great season. Mahomes is a great player, no doubt.

I'm not sold on Lamar Jackson as a great qb. He's more Michael Vick (a glorified rb). Also, I believe the Ravens can be just as good without him. They have a superb defense and a very good running game with Ingram as their lead back. They have as much to do with them winning as Jackson has. They are in a division that have poor teams (same benefit as the Patriots)

Wilson and Mahomes are much better QBs than Jackson. I believe someone who has consistently proven themselves should carry more weight in MVP discussions than someone who is just an one hit wonder (current state of things). KC or Seattle would struggle to be a winning team without Mahomes or Wilson. KC experienced that this year, playing without Patrick and Hill.