Chris Petersen is the new Washington coach

dutchcoug

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2rptmnnz said:
Fast forward two years and UW fans will be calling for him to be fired. The way of mutt fan...
I under estimated, less than one year.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
dutchcoug":fyyrwcyi said:
dutchcoug":fyyrwcyi said:
Fast forward two years and UW fans will be calling for him to be fired. The way of mutt fan...
I under estimated, less than one year.

No serious person is calling for Petersen to be fired.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Peterson is as bad as I thought he would be. He benefited at Boise State Trucking School by taking the talented kids that couldn't get into any legit academic institution (except maybe North Carolina).

I understand that WSU has been downright terrible this year and took a step back but I still have faith that this was just a hiccup and we will have a big rebound next year. But I feel good about an Apple Cup victory this year.

How much better is UW than WSU this year, really? UW has 6 total wins, WSU has 3. So in the offset, UW would be a no-brainer.

But 4 their wins come from Hawaii (1 point win against a 3-8 Mountain West team), Eastern Washington (7 point win against a lower division team), Illinois (4-6 Big Ten team) and Georgia State (1-9 Sun Belt team and were losing to at halftime 14-0). Then the Conference wins, Cal (a team WSU lost to by 1 point because they missed a 19 yard FG at the end of the game) and Colorado (come on, everyone beats Colorado).

WSU lost an opener to Rutgers due to a muffed punt towards the end of the game and the aforementioned missed 19 yard Field Goal again Cal. Two small mistakes that, if not made, would give WSU 2 more wins. Don't forget WSU's two Pac-12 wins are on the road. They beat a nationally ranked Utah team and Oregon State with the #2 QB.

I'll take Leach over Peterson any day. And Luke Falk over any UW QB.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
dutchcoug":mvot702e said:
Peterson is as bad as I thought he would be. He benefited at Boise State Trucking School by taking the talented kids that couldn't get into any legit academic institution (except maybe North Carolina).

I understand that WSU has been downright terrible this year and took a step back but I still have faith that this was just a hiccup and we will have a big rebound next year. But I feel good about an Apple Cup victory this year.

How much better is UW than WSU this year, really? UW has 6 total wins, WSU has 3. So in the offset, UW would be a no-brainer.

But 4 their wins come from Hawaii (1 point win against a 3-8 Mountain West team), Eastern Washington (7 point win against a lower division team), Illinois (4-6 Big Ten team) and Georgia State (1-9 Sun Belt team and were losing to at halftime 14-0). Then the Conference wins, Cal (a team WSU lost to by 1 point because they missed a 19 yard FG at the end of the game) and Colorado (come on, everyone beats Colorado).

WSU lost an opener to Rutgers due to a muffed punt towards the end of the game and the aforementioned missed 19 yard Field Goal again Cal. Two small mistakes that, if not made, would give WSU 2 more wins. Don't forget WSU's two Pac-12 wins are on the road. They beat a nationally ranked Utah team and Oregon State with the #2 QB.

This is all wishful thinking.

How bad will you feel when this rebuilding team with a first-year coach crushes you? Enjoy 3-10.

:0190l:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Dutch coug he is good...
What the cougs need is the same thing. Someone that good. And we do have it....just give him time. :shock:

dutchcoug

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3mo8uv85 said:
dutchcoug":3mo8uv85 said:

How bad will you feel when this rebuilding team with a first-year coach crushes you? Enjoy 3-10.

How is that wishful thinking? Most of what I said was facts. Or are delusional mutt fans thinking they blew out top teams for their 6 wins?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
dutchcoug":yeto98ld said:
hawknation2014":yeto98ld said:
dutchcoug":yeto98ld said:

How is that wishful thinking? Most of what I said was facts. Or are delusional mutt fans thinking they blew out top teams for their 6 wins?

Again, have fun in two weeks when we blow you out.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
hawknation2014":yve3jx9p said:
dutchcoug":yve3jx9p said:
hawknation2014":yve3jx9p said:
dutchcoug":yve3jx9p said:

Again, have fun in two weeks when we blow you out.

How again do you sound different than a 49er's fan?

\\\\

hawknation2014

Reaction score
dutchcoug":339buok7 said:
How again do you sound different than a 49er's fan?

\\\\

It sounds different because no respectable Seahawks fan would brag about being 3-7 (going on 3-9).

Nor would they ever try to rub a 1-point loss in the faces of a rival who just lost to a team on the road that beat your team by 22 . . . at your pathetic stadium.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Calling Martin Stadium a "pathetic stadium" does sound a bit juvenile but I'll give you a pass. Just tell me which of your wins was a quality win and I'll shut up.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
dutchcoug":118rg38n said:
Calling Martin Stadium a "pathetic stadium" does sound a bit juvenile but I'll give you a pass. Just tell me which of your wins was a quality win and I'll shut up.

None, it's a rebuilding year. And it definitely won't be a quality win when we blow you out at your pathetic stadium.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1l7ru04i said:
dutchcoug":1l7ru04i said:

None, it's a rebuilding year. And it definitely won't be a quality win when we blow you out at your pathetic stadium.

I'd be shocked if the Apple Cup is a blowout in either direction. UW is terrible on offense, but WSU is terrible on defense. WSU is pretty good on offense, and UW is pretty good on defense.

That probably gives UW a slight edge on a neutral field, but the game being in Pullman might negate that a bit.

UW is decidedly better on special teams, and that could end up being the difference in the game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Peterson showed against AZ that he is still not ready to coach in a big boy conference. What unbelievably terrible end-of-game management.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2h3tknar said:
dutchcoug":2h3tknar said:

Yup.