Christine Michael Combine Tape

Ozzy

Reaction score
40 times at the combine aren't always what they seem to be. Harvin and tate had similar 40 times at the combine and Tate is not even in the same league as Harvin speed wise. Just watching the little tape we have on Michael, he is much faster then Lynch in my opinion.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
austinslater25":2xbxp31a said:
40 times at the combine aren't always what they seem to be. Harvin and tate had similar 40 times at the combine and Tate is not even in the same league as Harvin speed wise. Just watching the little tape we have on Michael, he is much faster then Lynch in my opinion.

Well yeah, but that was like 7 years ago for Lynch, guys do slow down as they age.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I hope they get Christine Michael more involved in the passing game on third downs. He's never going to be the blocker that Turbin is, but he does provide a more dynamic threat as a receiver.

804648461.gif

sc85sis

Reaction score
We can't sleep on Ware either. If he sticks around we have an embarrasment of riches at the RB position.

Happy

Reaction score
I think CM's going to make a strong case for the #2 spot this year. Will be interesting to watch.

He's fast, but he'll lower a shoulder and pop a guy to get an extra yard. Tough runner. I like it.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":1zdry7t7 said:
Didn't Marion Barber switch to a high grip like the one Michael is doing in these videos and it made him less fumble-prone?
It was Tiki Barber. His grip on the ball was similar to CM. It got some press because he hadn't fumbled in a long time. Holding the ball high like that can help when someone tries to strip it. The player can use his head to help secure the ball.

It's not something to worry about too much. It's something that can be coached. I'm sure the Hawks defense will be testing his ball security early and often.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Who does C-Mike remind you of when he runs? I can't quite place it...

Funny enough (being #33) he sometimes looks like a more formidable, young Leon Washington. The way he can shift direction and the way he initiates contact, it's almost like a Leon-Marshawn hybrid in a way. But there's probably more apt comparisons... ?

chrispy

Reaction score
Jacksonville's backfield is pretty thin....

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":19a9jfmv said:

Funny enough (being #33) he sometimes looks like a more formidable, young Leon Washington. The way he can shift direction and the way he initiates contact, it's almost like a Leon-Marshawn hybrid in a way. But there's probably more apt comparisons... ?

He reminds me of Emmitt Smith. Ya I know.....he's got some running to do before he can be compared to him, but his style reminds me of Smith.

McGruff

Reaction score
RussJames":zhxem48u said:
Trust me, there's absolutely no issue with Michael's grip on the ball. Clearly someone taught him 'high and tight' at a young enough age to where it just seems instinctive
for him now. When you watch his preseason tape he just seems to know the right time when to cover the ball up. The one drawback to holding the ball 'high-and-tight' is
that it can slow you down a bit because one arm is basically glued to your chest; not so much with Christine. That mofo is fast as a mofo.

If you want to see an example of bad ball security, watch tape of Turbin's (sorry Turbo) fumble against Arizona on that kick return. The ball was held so far away from his body
that his own knee punched the ball out.

Here's some Preseason tape of Christine Michael for anyone interested. Can't wait to see him unleashed this season.

[youtube]uzprXP6mkyk[/youtube]

At about 2:00 on this video Michael makes a tough catch on a short, hot and high screen from Willson, and simply blows by the defense. It was Harvin like and gives a glimpse into his mythical explosiveness.

Greenhell

Reaction score
That highlight vid of C-Mike gets me excited of what will be this coming season. The screen pass could be very deadly with him on the receiving end. Opposing defenses will have their head spinning not knowing which weapon will hit them first. JOY!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
valleyflyfisher":1wc2jsft said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1wc2jsft said:

He reminds me of Emmitt Smith. Ya I know.....he's got some running to do before he can be compared to him, but his style reminds me of Smith.

Ah, that's pretty good. I can see it. They both have that naturally compact movement & burst, but kind of cover ground like long-striders. It's hella fun to watch.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3so30l2g said:

Julius Jones

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2ueeqbis said:
I hope they get Christine Michael more involved in the passing game on third downs. He's never going to be the blocker that Turbin is, but he does provide a more dynamic threat as a receiver.

804642221.gif

804648461.gif

I'm pretty sure he isn't even on the field in that first gif.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1zo1uy3m said:

Ahman Green
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU22WyMJ3vU