Christine Michael

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":ql451nfk said:
Ahman Green was a really good back if you take away the Fumbles, in fact if you take away the interceptions Kaepernick is an Elite QB.

Are you going for a 49er sig here????

:204070: :laugh:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Is Christine Michael the most overrated player in franchise history? A player who can't read his blockers with ball security issues is still being called a "fantasy pick on another team" and compared to some of the great RBs in NFL history . . . :pukeface:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
One block does not a pass-blocker make.

Honestly, after watching this game, I think not only is Michael just on the edge of getting bumped off the roster, I think Turbin's job isn't as secure as we might have thought either.

I say this as a fan that got an impression from the game, not as someone who has studied film, so take it for what it's worth.

ram350002

Reaction score
Maybe I read his reaction wrong, but it looked to me like Michael was pissed the coaching staff refused to take him off the field and he took it out on Ford. If anyone has the opportunity, look at his reaction after trying to tap out and see what you think.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
He was tapping out before that block play, he didn't look mad about it that he had to play another down, just more like "well guess i gotta stay in kind of look with a sigh. He looked gas though, but he needs to show the coaches that he can be an every down back.

ram350002

Reaction score
I realize the tap out occurred BEFORE the block, I was wondering if the block was a REACTION to not being taken out? Let me know what you think.

sutz

Reaction score
I think if he was really pissed about it, he would have whiffed the block. :229031_shrug:

Unless you're talking about a different block than I remember.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
ram350002":2xmasuu7 said:
I realize the tap out occurred BEFORE the block, I was wondering if the block was a REACTION to not being taken out? Let me know what you think.

Oh no I understood what you meant. I think he did reacted to that but you know what, we need him to be playing like that all the time. The coaches probably telling him nope you gotta play through it, earn your position. Sometimes people need a little "no" to get them motivated.

I will say this read option with Cmike would look better than read option with Turbin.

Ruminator

Reaction score
In my eyes, always trying to hit the afterburners the instant he gets the ball seems to be his undoing. Running lanes rarely avail themselves with that kind of instantaneous speed. Michael could be special if he learns to hit the afterburners only when it's clear there's a path. You almost never see Lynch just grab and try to spear straight through like that -- it just doesn't work.

jdblack

Reaction score
We have to assume coaches have talked to Michael about waiting for plays to develop, but he doesn't even try. He has practically no visibility until he's 10 yards deep. Hasn't improved his ball security. Doesn't have a good handle on the playbook. Bad blocking technique(The block in this thread was a double team where the rusher was essentially stood up and couldn't see Michael coming).

No part of his game indicates he has the capacity to think about something and adjust accordingly. I'd even prefer indecisive dancing behind his blockers.

Best I'm hoping for is a draft pick at this point.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
This is a guy that needs every opp, how can he want to get out for a breather.. suck it up dude.

Maybe Pete C needs to refer to him as mediocre and get this kids some attitude.