Cj Anderson upset with hawks.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Turbin got signed b/c Russ has played w/him and the playcalling hasn't changed that much at that position between Bevell and Shotty.

That plus IDK if they're gonna follow a normal Wednesday schedule w/practice/pressers being that it's Christmas Day, or if they do how it'd affect players. That leaves them really with two days.

If you've played that position with that QB, that's an advantage. CJ isn't that much better that he could blow out that advantage with pure skill, not with just two days.

It could be that Turbin plays so abysmally that they call on CJ for his services in a more winnable game. Since the game checks are cut by NFL, can teams actually add people at that point?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2ael0tlr said:
Turbin got signed b/c Russ has played w/him and the playcalling hasn't changed that much at that position between Bevell and Shotty.

That plus IDK if they're gonna follow a normal Wednesday schedule w/practice/pressers being that it's Christmas Day, or if they do how it'd affect players. That leaves them really with two days.

If you've played that position with that QB, that's an advantage. CJ isn't that much better that he could blow out that advantage with pure skill, not with just two days.

It could be that Turbin plays so abysmally that they call on CJ for his services in a more winnable game. Since the game checks are cut by NFL, can teams actually add people at that point?

.if this was the case why not sign Michael or rawls. Both better than Turbin and played more recently. The fact is Russ wants his buddy back and he probably needs a pay day.

mikeak

Reaction score
Pete - damn we lost 2 RBs
Schneider - crap I was going to take a break over the holidays
Pete - well can we use someone from before?
Schneider - yeah Christine Michael is a good runner
Pete - he can't block, what about CJ or Ajaji
Schneider - that would require me to work over the holidays. How about Lynch and Turbin
Pete - sounds good. They know the offense since I haven't changed anything for five years.
Schneider - sweet consider it done, talk to you after the holidays.

nanomoz

Reaction score
balakoth":3jdp6ac6 said:
Spin Doctor":3jdp6ac6 said:
andyh64000":3jdp6ac6 said:
Shanegotyou11":3jdp6ac6 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/cjandersonb22/status/1209368912757837824

He doesn't know the offense and we need a RB1&2 immediately.

I see virtually no upside to him, I think the fact that Russell Wilson is buddies with him is the only reason he is here right now.

ROFL

Yeah.. thats how that works... It's a buddy so we signed him

A third down back that can help protect Russ is a really good idea. Turbin is a fantastic blitz pickup back that can catch the ball well. And, yeah, Russ having confidence in the guy matters some.

rcaido

Reaction score
Not sure why CJ starting all this drama...Why not wait to see on Sunday after the game. If Turbin is bad im sure they would have called him up for the Wild Card game. Now the chances are drop significantly, if we lose and play the Eagles, i can see us picking up Jay Ajayi instead.

sutz

Reaction score
rcaido":15whk4es said:
Not sure why CJ starting all this drama...Why not wait to see on Sunday after the game. If Turbin is bad im sure they would have called him up for the Wild Card game. Now the chances are drop significantly, if we lose and play the Eagles, i can see us picking up Jay Ajayi instead.
Yeah, nothing like trying to start a twitter war to boost your creds for a future team. :laugh:

And BTW, Pete and John have a pretty well-established rep around the league. Somehow I don't think a tweet from a disgruntled RB who got cut from one of the lesser teams in the league will change many minds.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":g1yn8xlq said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/24/after-seahawks-dont-sign-him-c-j-anderson-says-im-done-with-ball/#comments

“You don’t even know the half of It. It would be rude to all Seattle fans what they told me and my agent. Once again that’s the Game not Football there is a difference,” Anderson wrote. “Some of the people never have to experience the Game. I’m Happy for those people. Unfortunately I was the unlucky one who had to play the Game instead of football. All started back April 9 2017. The Football was no longer football for me. It became the Game after that.”

Just a niblett of what was in the article. It is 6 paragraphs.

Good lord, he does realize he was being looked at as a 3rd string RB for a few games to close out the season right?

Guy sounds like his heart was broken for God's sake....

Weirdest thing Ive seen today, and I was at Walmart earlier today on Christmas Eve......

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I kinda feel bad for the guy. He actually showed that he could play in a similar situation.

He probably thinks that he's on top of the market with this metric, and he'd be right, but clubs can still sign whomever they want.

If Lynch keeps fumbling on his few snaps and/or is hurt, they'll try to cover with Turbin. If there are still issues, I can see them picking up Ajaji for the next week. Even though he wasn't a great performer, he's just been with the team we may face in the WC.

It takes a lot of stars to align, and in this case it didn't happen for CJ.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1kceuvrv said:
Seahawkfan80":1kceuvrv said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/24/after-seahawks-dont-sign-him-c-j-anderson-says-im-done-with-ball/#comments

“You don’t even know the half of It. It would be rude to all Seattle fans what they told me and my agent. Once again that’s the Game not Football there is a difference,” Anderson wrote. “Some of the people never have to experience the Game. I’m Happy for those people. Unfortunately I was the unlucky one who had to play the Game instead of football. All started back April 9 2017. The Football was no longer football for me. It became the Game after that.”

Just a niblett of what was in the article. It is 6 paragraphs.

Good lord, he does realize he was being looked at as a 3rd string RB for a few games to close out the season right?

Guy sounds like his heart was broken for God's sake....

Weirdest thing Ive seen today, and I was at Walmart earlier today on Christmas Eve......
:shock:

ivotuk

Reaction score
This was an opportunity for CJ to prove that he's better than the paltry 2.7 YPC he put up in Detroit.

With all the new talent coming in from college every year, he may never see the field again. Teams will look at his refusal to play for a playoff bound team over money, and keep on looking.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":3145wjey said:
This was an opportunity for CJ to prove that he's better than the paltry 2.7 YPC he put up in Detroit.

With all the new talent coming in from college every year, he may never see the field again. Teams will look at his refusal to play for a playoff bound team over money, and keep on looking.

Honest question - where was it stated by a reputable source that he isn't playing for Seahawks due to low-ball offer?

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":19yb3zbp said:
ivotuk":19yb3zbp said:

Honest question - where was it stated by a reputable source that he isn't playing for Seahawks due to low-ball offer?

That's a good question. He won't define what is about, but when he talks about the Seahawks saying something insulting to he and his agent, what else could it be about?

He's got talent, but he's not here, and he's mad at the Seahawks for what they said. What's the most common things players get upset about when offered a contract? Money or length.

So I still say, this is a missed opportunity for CJ.

mikeak

Reaction score
Reading the whole post CJ put and it was in a direct reply to it being politics. He replied that"you don't even know half of it"

I don't see his post at all being about money. Money he can understand.

Yes it is a missed opportunity, but after last Superbowl if he didn't stick somewhere I don't know what it will take or what he is missing (not following the gameplan / crappy at blocking etc). He is clearly not doing something that you don't see as a casual observer in a single game here or there

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CJ shouldn’t burn that bridge. The way Seattle RB’s are dropping we may need him next week.

daveman918

Reaction score
The fact that CJ is on the street and still feels entitled is an indication that he would not be good for the locker room. Pass...