CJ Spiller Waived by Jets. Do we pick him up?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well if we sign him again, it would be Tuesday more than likely. Sounds like he cleared waivers, as no one made a claim for him this week. I think bringing him back as Prosise insurance would be a very wise move.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What is the reason for Spiller being waived by all the teams that have released him? He seemed to fit OK here and even scored a TD, but then was inactive and quickly released. I wonder if there are 'entitlement issues', Harvinesque locker room stuff, or if he is a difficult player to coach because his talent is not something this FO would quickly pass upon if there wasn't a reason.

Don't think Prosise was the only reason the Hawks decided to let him move on w/o a longer look.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Spiller will not be signed back to Seattle at this time. This guy is why.

[youtube]oW3FineMZfk[/youtube]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree, Spiller is more of a one trick pony than Reece. It's a good trick though but at what cost and with what baggage?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jammerhawk":r1gwfruo said:
Don't think Prosise was the only reason the Hawks decided to let him move on w/o a longer look.

Prosise and Rawls were exactly the reason the Hawks let him move on. Spiller is an older version of Prosise.

As far as Reese goes. No idea why people keep saying he will keep Spiller from being here. He's a replacement for Tukuafu and I wouldn't be surprised if he outright takes his roster spot once Tuku recovers from his concussion.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2a1r0jmn said:
I agree, Spiller is more of a one trick pony than Reece. It's a good trick though but at what cost and with what baggage?
Spiller always felt like a guy who would be here only until CJ returned, which is what happened.

Reece was signed probably because of Tuke's concussion issue but because of Reece being a 4-time Pro Bowler at that FB position (unlike Spiller), ~plus~ having a proven record running routes when called upon (unlike Tuke), and given that CJ may have run out of time for this season, well all that suggests Reece will lock things down better than what Spiller was doing.

Reece may not get many snaps this week, perhaps a few on any medium-to-long third downs (Bevell sounded a little dismissive of his role this week when asked) but could have a bigger role in the games following. As Marcell himself points out, PC too, he's looking good/healthy/fresh. He also has that intangible it-factor attitude that made him a keystone of the Raiders the locker room and an idol among Oakland fans. His signing was good timing.

The tell on The Plan for him will be in if they let Reece go as soon as Tuke is good to go again. Tuke blocked well on Sunday, he sprung Rawls at least twice, but again: absent CJ and now Farmer too, it's no slam-dunk that we'll see even Tuke back again.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Are the Jets the new Detroit Lions? Picking up former Seahawks players?

Spillers knees are shot. That's why he keeps getting cut. He was injury prone at Clemson, but thankfully Buffalo drafted him high, which is how we got Marshawn.

Remember the Buffalo game when Lynch ran out of bounds and bellied up to Spiller? "Look at where I'm at and where you're at!" :twisted:

getnasty

Reaction score
razor150":agn5r1xb said:
Put Tukuafu on IR and sign him. I think Spiller can help the team more than Tukuafu ever could. Just commit to Reece as the FB for the rest of the season, since he is an overall upgrade.

I'd say cut Collins, but we all know that isn't happening.

I agree with this, Tukuafu is expendable now that we have Reese.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Yes, would really like to see us pick up Spiller.

GO HAWKS

Latest posts