Cliff Avril: Situation exaggerated, Wilson will stay in SEA

kf3339

Reaction score
No one knows anything fellow Hawk fans. It's all just click bait talk by the media and former players thinking they have an inside source. Nope.

The Hawks and Wilson will do what they feel is in their best interests. I can see both sides, but will just wait for an actual response from the powers that be. But we should have a very good idea by the end of this month. That is about the only given I can see right now.

John63

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":xckjlodo said:
John63":xckjlodo said:
TheLegendOfBoom":xckjlodo said:
I don’t know what Avril thinks but how is this exaggerated and both sides are not saying anything because it’s nothing to them, if Wilson’s agent, calls teams that Wilson will welcome to be traded too??!

That’s not a media fabrication, that is Wilson speaking through his agent and Wilson saying to put it out there.

That’s the truth and that’s how Wilson feels.

That’s not media fabrication. This is serious and Avril is making light out of this situation cause he don’t know better.

He’s not Wilson or his agent and the Seattle FO is not going to tell him what they are planning to do before it gets done.

Avril has nothing to base his claim on.

Except no place does it say Wilson's agent has called other teams.

Aviral has the fact eh has talked to people in the organization and unlike most sources actually out his name on it. 99% of the crap being said are form unnamed sources. Avril is putting his name on it.

In fact Wilson's agent and Wilson have both said they have not asked for a trade and that eh wants to stay in Seattle.

Your stament of ", if Wilson’s agent, calls teams that Wilson will welcome to be traded too??!
" is how things get started your asking, next some so-called expert reads it and change sit to he did when eh reality is he has not done it at all.

I would take what Avril says given he actually uses his own name to say what he knows over some unnamed source. Avril sis till connected to the organization and still has a lot of connections with the players.

IN the end for us on this forum it is going to boil down to what you want to believe. IF you want to believe Wilson is garbage and wants out you will even though the FACTS dont say that. IF you want to believe this has been all blown out of proportion you will.

As ti stans right now her eis what we knwo for a fact

Wilson has said he does not want to leave Seattle
Wilson's agent said the same
Wilson's agent said after rumors of him being traded that if that's the way Seattle wants to go here is a list of teams he would go to

Wilson and his agent again reiterated he wants to stay in Seattle.

Everything else is pure BS, made up or conjecture.

I don't believe Wilson is garbage. I do believe he is at least leaning toward "trying something else". Plus this story is harmful to the team and its prospects for next season. If you polled free agents would they have no concerns about signing with Seattle, would they see no question marks hovering over Wilson's status?

Wilson could end this with a single, high-profile media interview with a bunch of "go Hawks". But he hasn't, quite the opposite. That is fact.

I get the media wanting clicks and attention. I also get that a lot of us do NOT want Wilson traded. But that should not make us discount everything either.

He already did he said he wants to stay in Seattle. Done over FYIi the team could end this too yet nothign out of them nto even we are not trading him. At least Wilson said he wants to stay.

John63

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":362v1iv8 said:
XxXdragonXxX":362v1iv8 said:
There have been rumors of Wilson being traded or wanting out for several years. Wilson and the team have never once come out and denied any of it. Instead they have just agreed to contract extensions and gone about their business. So the fact that nobody has come out and denied anything really means nothing.

You think this is like those previous times, which were indeed jockeying for extensions?
I disagree. Doesn't mean Wilson is gone, but this situation is very different just considering the timing.

Not is about jockeying to ensure they get help to cut down on hits. Rather that be scheme, oline outlets etc.

John63

Reaction score
kf3339":38y2m7cm said:
No one knows anything fellow Hawk fans. It's all just click bait talk by the media and former players thinking they have an inside source. Nope.

The Hawks and Wilson will do what they feel is in their best interests. I can see both sides, but will just wait for an actual response from the powers that be. But we should have a very good idea by the end of this month. That is about the only given I can see right now.

BINGO we have a WINNER!!

chris98251

Reaction score
If I remember correctly actual Free Agency starts tomorrow, now thats not to say the Seahawks will do anything for two weeks, seems like we never ever do, skip first run Free Agency, then watch them jockey second tier guys with interviews, then after that period ends get serious about who's left or make a trade once they see who has who and the playing field.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Yes, but I have already made up my mind that Wilson hates the team and the fans and wants out. I will boo him vigorously from my couch every Sunday while smearing nacho cheese over my protruding gut

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":3lvl32ig said:
GaiusMarius":3lvl32ig said:
John63":3lvl32ig said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3lvl32ig said:
I don’t know what Avril thinks but how is this exaggerated and both sides are not saying anything because it’s nothing to them, if Wilson’s agent, calls teams that Wilson will welcome to be traded too??!

That’s not a media fabrication, that is Wilson speaking through his agent and Wilson saying to put it out there.

That’s the truth and that’s how Wilson feels.

That’s not media fabrication. This is serious and Avril is making light out of this situation cause he don’t know better.

He’s not Wilson or his agent and the Seattle FO is not going to tell him what they are planning to do before it gets done.

Avril has nothing to base his claim on.

Aviral has the fact eh has talked to people in the organization and unlike most sources actually out his name on it. 99% of the crap being said are form unnamed sources. Avril is putting his name on it.

In fact Wilson's agent and Wilson have both said they have not asked for a trade and that eh wants to stay in Seattle.

Your stament of ", if Wilson’s agent, calls teams that Wilson will welcome to be traded too??!
" is how things get started your asking, next some so-called expert reads it and change sit to he did when eh reality is he has not done it at all.

I would take what Avril says given he actually uses his own name to say what he knows over some unnamed source. Avril sis till connected to the organization and still has a lot of connections with the players.

IN the end for us on this forum it is going to boil down to what you want to believe. IF you want to believe Wilson is garbage and wants out you will even though the FACTS dont say that. IF you want to believe this has been all blown out of proportion you will.

Wilson's agent said after rumors of him being traded that if that's the way Seattle wants to go here is a list of teams he would go to

I don't believe Wilson is garbage. I do believe he is at least leaning toward "trying something else". Plus this story is harmful to the team and its prospects for next season. If you polled free agents would they have no concerns about signing with Seattle, would they see no question marks hovering over Wilson's status?

Wilson could end this with a single, high-profile media interview with a bunch of "go Hawks". But he hasn't, quite the opposite. That is fact.

I get the media wanting clicks and attention. I also get that a lot of us do NOT want Wilson traded. But that should not make us discount everything either.

He already did he said he wants to stay in Seattle. Done over FYIi the team could end this too yet nothign out of them nto even we are not trading him. At least Wilson said he wants to stay.

The team may not be saying anything because they are fine with a parting of ways too.

This isnt the first time Wilson has let these rumors marinate. You were around in 2019 right?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
kf3339":34ugkdd6 said:

Most sources suck, but Avril backed up by Rapsheet?

I have absolutely no reason to distrust Rapoport. If he says a trade isn't anywhere close, then it's 99% likely that a trade isn't close as of right now.

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2q899afb said:
John63":2q899afb said:
GaiusMarius":2q899afb said:
John63":2q899afb said:

The team may not be saying anything because they are fine with a parting of ways too.

This isnt the first time Wilson has let these rumors marinate. You were around in 2019 right?

Isn't the first time the team has let these rumor marinate either. You were around in 2019?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
BASF":1ar5d04x said:
Spin Doctor":1ar5d04x said:
There have been a lot of passive aggressive jabs from Wilson's camp.

It feels like Wilson's camp should be put in quotes at this point.

Who are or is "Wilson's camp" ?? Do you mean his agent?

BASF

Reaction score
brimsalabim":zgyfdv4t said:
BASF":zgyfdv4t said:
Spin Doctor":zgyfdv4t said:
There have been a lot of passive aggressive jabs from Wilson's camp.

It feels like Wilson's camp should be put in quotes at this point.

Who are or is "Wilson's camp" ?? Do you mean his agent?

"Wilson's Camp" was the source used in the Russell Wilson has no confidence in the Seahawks coaching staff story that exacerbated the whole Wilson story.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":3jsabj0x said:
Hawkpower":3jsabj0x said:
John63":3jsabj0x said:
GaiusMarius":3jsabj0x said:

Isn't the first time the team has let these rumor marinate either. You were around in 2019?

Totally agree. Isnt that exactly what I said?

Thanks for making my point John :D

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":28i6mem5 said:
John63":28i6mem5 said:
Hawkpower":28i6mem5 said:
John63":28i6mem5 said:

No you are assuming they maybe fine with parting ways. I am not saying that. I am saying they don't see a reason to say anything when it's all fake.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":2vu5tl58 said:
Hawkpower":2vu5tl58 said:
John63":2vu5tl58 said:
Hawkpower":2vu5tl58 said:

No you are assuming they maybe fine with parting ways. I am not saying that. I am saying they don't see a reason to say anything when it's all fake.
Wilson's agent literally have Schefter a list of preferred trade destinations. It's not "all fake", good God.

Maybe nothing happens, but the idea that this is all clickbait is willful denial or just naivety.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":3vd8wl9l said:
John63":3vd8wl9l said:
Hawkpower":3vd8wl9l said:
John63":3vd8wl9l said:

Wilson's agent literally have Schefter a list of preferred trade destinations. It's not "all fake", good God.

Maybe nothing happens, but the idea that this is all clickbait is willful denial or just naivety.

Again that was in response to the hawks looking at other QBs, The reality is it is all clickbait. Until the Hawks or Wilson come out and say I want a trade, or we are going to trade it is speculation and clickbait.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":idqg4mzb said:
pinksheets":idqg4mzb said:
John63":idqg4mzb said:
Hawkpower":idqg4mzb said:

Again that was in response to the hawks looking at other QBs, The reality is it is all clickbait. Until the Hawks or Wilson come out and say I want a trade, or we are going to trade it is speculation and clickbait.
That's not how the world works but whatever you need to tell yourself.

Carson Wentz was saying less than Russ has been, but oddly enough, there was definitely fire behind the smoke there.

There have been numerous sources stating Russ wants out, that the FO isn't happy with him, etc. If you want to say it's all fake until a transaction is registered with the league to cope, have at it, but it doesn't reflect the reality of what's going on.

Russ and his camp have pretty obviously been fanning the flames here. You don't give a list of teams you'd like to be traded to if things aren't serious.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":2mcxpkp6 said:
Hawkpower":2mcxpkp6 said:
John63":2mcxpkp6 said:
Hawkpower":2mcxpkp6 said:

Cmon John you dont really believe that.

There is no way they are sitting back being quiet because they think its all fake.

We know both sides are open to moving on if the right opportunity arises. For you to believe otherwise is just being flat naive and you know it.

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":f88yn79k said:
John63":f88yn79k said:
Hawkpower":f88yn79k said:
John63":f88yn79k said:

There is no way they are sitting back being quiet because they think its all fake.

We know both sides are open to moving on if the right opportunity arises. For you to believe otherwise is just being flat naive and you know it.

Wy noit they have done it before. We dotn knwo anythign as neither side has said anything other then Wilson saying he does not want to leave. The rest again conjecture.

Its not about naive its about facts

You want us to believe there is something there fine find a quote form Wilson or PC saying they want a trade or to trade him Till you do its conjecture.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":3sjrsrca said:
Hawkpower":3sjrsrca said:
John63":3sjrsrca said:
Hawkpower":3sjrsrca said:

Wy noit they have done it before. We dotn knwo anythign as neither side has said anything other then Wilson saying he does not want to leave. The rest again conjecture.

You want us to believe there is something there fine find a quote form Wilson or PC saying they want a trade or to trade him Till you do its conjecture.
You're choosing to ignore how these situations work because you don't like the implications.

Again, Wentz wasn't publicly stating "I want out," the Eagles weren't publicly stating "we want to trade him". These parties play the media to get their stance out there while having some plausible deniability and to protect their own image.

The Rams didn't have a press conference to say "we want to get rid of Goff."

You're setting a bar that doesn't reflect the reality of how these situations play out, which conveniently means you can just dismiss the whole convo.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":1tb1ku9c said:
John63":1tb1ku9c said:
Hawkpower":1tb1ku9c said:
John63":1tb1ku9c said:

You're choosing to ignore how these situations work because you don't like the implications.

Again, Wentz wasn't publicly stating "I want out," the Eagles weren't publicly stating "we want to trade him". These parties play the media to get their stance out there while having some plausible deniability and to protect their own image.

The Rams didn't have a press conference to say "we want to get rid of Goff."

You're setting a bar that doesn't reflect the reality of how these situations play out, which conveniently means you can just dismiss the whole convo.

No I am choosing to wait for facts then conjecture maybe your right and maybe your wrong But I see no reason to push conjecture. FYi We also did not hear form Goff saying he wanted to stay either, same with Wentz. That perhaps is the biggest difference.

Latest posts