Clinton McDonald #1

hawks02

Reaction score
On ESPN this afternoon, Clinton McDonald was #1 on Marcellus Wiley's "Dat Dude's Dudes." Marcellus pointed out he had great quickness and technique on his sack against the Texans in week 4. Good to see a guy that was cut before the season come back and be an absolute contributor in his time on the field.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
That's unexpected. A bonus for this defense, IMO. And so many new parts contributing on that defensive front (including coordinator)-just wait until they get comfortable with each other and their roles, etc.

Excellent times ahead in the coming months.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
This guy was said to be a sleeper when he was signed after Cincy trimmed him from their roster during camp in 2011. It's so awesome to see our coaching staff turning these sleepers into good football players.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
That was awesome to listen to, thanks for linking it. No doubt about it, this is a special team!

Subzero717

Reaction score
I remember when he told a story about being on the Bengals practice squad and when the team would return home from a road trip and he would be at the airport to greet the team. He said some of the guys would laugh at him for doing so and all I thought was this is a guy I'm happy to have on the Hawks.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":w8wpjxn7 said:
McDonald was acquired via trade for Kelly Jennings.

Oh, wow, that's right, and that makes it all the much more awesome. I could have sworn that we picked him up off the waiver wire, but trading that frail weakling Kelly Jennings for him is just a coup. Hell, a Starbucks gift card, bag of used footballs, or a 1995 swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated, liberated from a truck stop bathroom, would have been a completely worthwhile trade.

I usually have a photographic memory for the moves made by our FO, but I guess this one slipped past the deep safety.

It seems that our front office has far more hits than misses. I realize it's the product of the best scouting practices in the NFL, but on the outside looking in, it's as though they can take absolutely anybody and turn them into a monster.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":8g0j3nks said:
I'm ready to go decleat someone after that interview...

I want to tattoo a transcript of that monologue on my chest.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
What in the hell was the rest of the NFL thinking in not signing him after we cut him? I bet some GMs are hearing it from their owners wanting to know why McDonald wasn't signed immediately when he was available.