OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3b4exdhd said:
Hasselbeck":3b4exdhd said:
SeahawksFanForever":3b4exdhd said:
Clinton McDonald going to Tampa Bay is a big loss for the Seahawks, bigger than most people realize unless Hill is ready to contribute at a high level.

We were never giving him 3M a year. Loss won't be substantial.

Nope. Too expensive. Happy for the guy though but all I am saying is that we need his replacement who can play at a high level. He was a very important part of the rotation than most people realize.

Jordan Hill maybe?

Yeah I think Hill is going to be good, just had a rash of bad luck with injury last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good for that guy, and hey, they can't sign every player available. Unfortunately, my co-worker whines and moans every single time someone gets signed. If it was his choice, the salary cap would be one billion dollars.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Best of luck to him he deserves it. With McCoy and now Johnson beside him to occupy the O Line, he could be in line for some sacks too.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3vt8dn41 said:
Didn't Michael Bennet say yesterday that he hoped McDonald would stay?

Yup, but it's a lot easier to say that once you've gotten yours. McDonald needed to go get his, and even if Bennett wanted him to stay, all NFL players know that they've got to maximize their earnings during the time they have.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Going to a Lovie Smith defense will be good for his career.

Granted, it won't get him another Super Bowl ring, but kudos on the paycheck.

Chapow

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":25ru5j3w said:
Clinton McDonald going to Tampa Bay is a big loss for the Seahawks, bigger than most people realize unless Hill is ready to contribute at a high level.

Couldn't agree more. I think McDonald was a more significant cog in our D-Line rotation than many realize.

Between him and Big Red, our D just lost 2 huge contributors on the line. I really hope our "redshirt freshmen" (Scruggs, Hill, Williams) are able to step up, but I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see a bit of a step backwards compared to last season.

Thanks for your contribution to a Championship season Clinton!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think everyone here understands McDonald was a very good player for us last year, not like it was a big secret or anything.

Largent80

Reaction score
Man, he played way above expectations and earned that contract. Life in the modern nfl, don't buy many jerseys.

I AM getting a Bennett jersey now with pride.

Hawks46

Reaction score
In retrospect, Tampa paid pretty good money for McDonald, who is still going to be a rotational player. I know they have McCoy at the 3 tech, so I don't see Clinton starting there. That said, he's making good money to rotate in, more money than we'd pay him to be the back end of the rotation. I wish him good luck and I'm thankful for the job he did for us last year.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Getting too crowded as is on D line. I didn't see anyway we would keep this guy.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Still have our red shirts, the draft and the last cut downs where Pete and John make hay.

Love all these guys that are getting their opportunities for a paycheck but I have a sneaky suspicion we won't lose a step without them and they will potentially net some comp picks for next year.

Quinn is the master mind to the D-line and him and Pete together are a dangerous duo. As long as we still have Quinn I am much less worried about losing role players that very possibly benefited from playing in front of our secondary as well as an amazing rotation that had power players rotating in/out and through different positions keeping opponents O-lines off balance trying to figure out who was where and who to try and block out.

Having Bennett, Avril and Mebane with the speed and sure tackling of our LB's will help anyone that sees playing time on that D-line. Add in Clemons and you have a dangerous combination that will thrive with the next man up.

Also in the spirit of the rotation of old and new, we have seen some pretty impressive players emerge from nowhere on this team. Keep those core players and lets see if we find our next diamond in the ruff just waiting for his chance. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

To all the FA's leaving for future endeavors, thank you very much for all your hard work. Your names are eternally ingrained in our hearts and we all wish you the best and would welcome you back if you ever feel the need to come home.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
This sucks. I really liked Clinton in the rotation last year, excellent depth guy that I was hoping we'd retain. Good for him to get paid though but man... :(