closer than you may think

Krieg's list

Reaction score
This whole thread is kind of silly. You acknowledge the "luck" (variance in a small sample size) involved in wins and losses in an NFL season and then continue to use W-L stats filtered by point differential. Why not just use total season point differential (Pythagorean wins), which is well known to be a better predictor of future performance-- or evaluator of present performance-- than W-L record?

By my calculations, the Seahawks were an 8.92 win team in 2017. Based on that result, it makes more sense to hope for them to outperform in W-L next season than to try to make an argument that they underperformed in W-L in 2017.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":vvazhfxx said:
johnnyfever":vvazhfxx said:
How about scoring in the first quarter? This is all on poor opposition research and gameplan development. The first quarter is where the OC follows his scripted gameplan based on his and his teams research.

And the assumption that he'll have a running game.

Anyone believing (and betting the game) we'll all the sudden have a running game in week 17 should be fired for being deaf, dumb, and blind alone.

StoneCold

Reaction score
hawknation2017":14c4ran7 said:
A great defense will keep games close, but you mostly need an effective offense to actually win games. Darrell Bevell mediocre play calling is preventing this offense from being effective, more than anything else.

I'm beginning to question the wisdom of putting so much blame on Bevell. He certainly bears some, but after listening to Doug I think execution is a bigger reason. We need better blocking, better QB reads, better route running and a stout, smart RB. While I get aggravated by the 3rd down and 3 plays where everyone goes deep, there are way too many 1st and 2nd downs with 10+ yards to go. I could look it up, but I'm lazy so I'll just speculate, I'm sure we led the league in 1st and 20's. That's not play calling.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
NFL is a one possession league... the salary cap and offensive slanting rules/penalties lend itself to that. The good teams come out on top more often then not.

Latest posts