Clowney

TreeRon

Reaction score
is the 3rd most important player on this team behind RW and BW. We need to keep him.

zchurch74

Reaction score
He already has posted he is going to have surgery and then will only sign with a contender. It’s going to get interesting over the next couple of months.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Lets hope he saw enough here to want to re-sign because we are hooped without him, he's got to be a cornerstone piece of that dline.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Bobby is still 2nd. Give him a secondary he doesn't have to constantly cover for and we all can shut up about him looking slow. But you are right on Clowney. Pay the man. He IS our pass rush.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
It is very interesting how Clowney received no PENALTY or fine for the hit on Wentz but yet was penalized 3 times (should have been 4). The NFL is a joke. Clowney plays reckless.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
He is, by far, the number 1 priority.

But, that’s just the start. We need to find another rusher to compliment the line.

JS. Make it happen!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
ClippedBird":1xx8uwrp said:
It is very interesting how Clowney received no PENALTY or fine for the hit on Wentz but yet was penalized 3 times (should have been 4). The NFL is a joke. Clowney plays reckless.

There is plenty of info out there to educate yourself on the matter if you would like.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I have an unfortunate suspicion after listening to his post game that Clowney is going to end up somewhere else...hope not but I doubt he will tolerate a less than his market value deal.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
He just told teams like Miami don’t call.

He vetoed the trade to Miami because, he’s true to what he said. He wants to play for a playoff team.

We fit his requirement.
His old teammate, Duane Brown, suggested he give Seattle a look.
We honored his request not to franchise tag him.
He likes the organization.
He’s a good fit.

The only down side is Frank Clark. We traded him since his contract demands were too high. Maybe he thinks we won’t pay up?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
truehawksfan":19fi0zek said:
He just told teams like Miami don’t call.

He vetoed the trade to Miami because, he’s true to what he said. He wants to play for a playoff team.

We fit his requirement.
His old teammate, Duane Brown, suggested he give Seattle a look.
We honored his request not to franchise tag him.
He likes the organization.
He’s a good fit.

The only down side is Frank Clark. We traded him since his contract demands were too high. Maybe he thinks we won’t pay up?

With our history at drafting at this position signing him will be key.

Elemas

Reaction score
Cyrus12":34feofjf said:
I have an unfortunate suspicion after listening to his post game that Clowney is going to end up somewhere else...hope not but I doubt he will tolerate a less than his market value deal.

Feel the same way. He's keeping his options open and his post game sounded more like a "it's cool here and all....but". This is definitely not a guarantee.

I haven't checked cap space. I know Seattle is looking fairly good. Definitely worried about division rivals picking him up. Well, the Rams. Sounds crazy but if the Rams cleared some space and didn't pay for folks like Kupp (a stretch...I know), they would have enough with the projected increase in the cap.

If what Clowney said is true, ANY of this season's playoff teams are in the mix.

Couple that with some team offering him the highest $$$, minus playoff/superbowl contention, he could be enticed to go there regardless of his comments.

I feel like our chances of resigning him are slim.

We need to hit this year's draft hard on edge rushers, a corner, and finally try to start protecting RW.

Don't get cute, i.e..."find the hidden gem" because you'll end up with L...fkn...J Collier.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Yes. He have over 60 Mil in cap space.

You can add 12 Mil more If we release Ed Dickson and Britt.

KJ’s cap number is 8Mil. I suspect we’ll either release him or restructure.

Either way, we have a lot of cap space to work with.

Latest posts