Coach Romar is hungry to turn it around...a little bit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1gshizne said:
Fultz committed to Washington on ESPNU tonight!

Romar is on fire

YES YES YES!!!

Things are definitely looking up for the Huskies. I gotta give Romar credit.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3rzqoofw said:
Hawkfan77":3rzqoofw said:
Fultz committed to Washington on ESPNU tonight!

Romar is on fire

YES YES YES!!!

Things are definitely looking up for the Huskies. I gotta give Romar credit.
Josh Gerson from scout from was 950 this morning and said when the new Scout.com rankings come out, Fultz will be in the top 10, possibly top 5 nationally! Biggest recruiting win in the Romar era, by far

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
And now Daejon Davis just committed! The talent Romar is assembling is absolutely unreal. This team is about to get very special.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":207n9yea said:
And now Daejon Davis just committed! The talent Romar is assembling is absolutely unreal. This team is about to get very special.

I'll believe it when I see a Romar team play to its potential, rather than underperform and lose to far inferior teams. It's been many years since that has happened.

That said, it's highly encouraging.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Oh man I'm pumped for the future of this program. Hopefully we can get Jaquori to re-commit.

And is it just me, or are kids committing much earlier than before? Since when did kids start committing to schools in their sophomore and junior year of HS?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Scout just released their new 2016 rankings. Fultz up to #7 nationally

CPHawk

Reaction score
The Pac 12 has some crazy talent coming in, that's for sure. I don't think we have ever had the talent across the board that we will be seeing in the '15 class and '16 class. Right now you have 6 teams in the top 25, and 3 in the top ten for 2016 according to 247 lead by UCLA (3), ASU (9) and UO (10).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Quevyn Winters is leaving Washington. Sounds like he is just calling it quits and not transferring. Not a big blow to the program as he wasn't much of a contributor. That now leaves Andrew Andrews and Donovan Dorsey as the only returning players from last season.

Tical21

Reaction score
I had high hopes for Winters. If any of the new folks decide to leave as well, Romar is done. It isn't a good sign to have your entire team quit on you.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tical21":13tb20w4 said:
I had high hopes for Winters. If any of the new folks decide to leave as well, Romar is done. It isn't a good sign to have your entire team quit on you.
First off that's not true. Second, winters wasn't run off, hes still enrolled at UW. He's not on the team because of eligibility issues and that's all I'll say about it, nothing to do with Romar. Romar isn't going anywhere.

Obvious you haven't been paying attention, but the program needed those players to leave to open up room for what has been happening. It's easy to say everyone quit and left if you don't pay attention. Doesn't make it true though.

CPHawk

Reaction score
UO now has 3 4* commited for 16. Michael Cage just committed today. The Pac 12 currently has 5 top 25 classes. And yes his father is the former Sonic.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":30a331hr said:
UO now has 3 4* commited for 16. Michael Cage just committed today. The Pac 12 currently has 5 top 25 classes. And yes his father is the former Sonic.

I remember the old Michael Cage. They don't make NBA players like him anymore. Pac-12 hoops has a bright future.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Exhibition game vs SPU was last night. Looks like it was a good showing as a bunch of players scored in double digits. I haven't been to a game in a while, I'll probably try to go to at least one this year.

A week from today they play their first game against Texas in China on ESPN.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow what a win by the Huskies in China. They just beat a really good Texas team. UW was an 11 point underdog in this game. The freshman looked very good and poised. Chriss, Murray, Dickerson and Dime all looked really good.

On top of that, we officially signed the #7 recruit in the 2016 class Markelle Fultz.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't know that I would call it a huge win. Texas didn't look very good at all. Either way, of course it is a great way to start. For all the hype, I wasn't too impressed by the wings and point guards. The bigs really surprised. This is going to be a fun, frustrating team to watch. It was really nice to see us get after it again though, it's been a while.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Huskies routed Mt. St Mary's last night, but I guess that was expected. Got to watch bits and parts of the game. Chriss looks like the real deal. There is no doubt he will be one of the best scorers in the Pac12 by his junior year. Right now, he looks like the best freshman on this team.

UW plays Penn this weekend and then it is off to the Bahamas to play the Zags. I highly doubt we win that game, but if we can keep the game within 10 points against the Zags then I will be impressed.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Beating Gonzaga is going to be a trial.

But the Huskies have another game for thier young stars to continue to gel... 3 games played against Gonzagas 2. If the Huskies can roll over the Quakers like the Mountaineers, a young talented team brimming with confidence and fearlessness playing with an underdog mentality could possibly upset the bigger, badder dawgs.

I think the Huskies have two things that could be X-Factors against Gonzaga.

1. Travel factor... That trip to China is going to make the trip to the Bahamas feel like a breeze.

2. Expectations... I think nobody is expecting Washington to go toe to toe with Gonzaga let alone win. But for a young team, tournament basketball is going to be a healthy experience for them... Just being there and absorbing all they can and getting another chance at a big time event plus another cultural shock is going to make those young players grow up fast.

Then theyll have a whole month of home games after that against mostly scrubs before they begin Pac12 play to really focus and polish thier craft and continue gelling.

I think worst case scenario is if Washington continue thier upward trend and growth by the time they face UCLA on Jan 1st they could have 2 maybe 3 losses, 4 losses at the most. Thats losing to Gonzaga.

Beat Gonzaga, by the time the Huskies faces UCLA they could be undefeated at best or at worst only have 1 or 2 losses under thier belts.

Either way the experience of it all is just as important as the win. So win or lose... It should be a win-win scenario.

Alas, Quakers first and foremost.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Another impressive win today against Penn. Up next, it is the Zags in the Bahamas. I'll be up early to watch the game Wednesday morning.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Went to the game yesterday/today whatever. Dejonte Murray is GOOD! I'm telling you guys. Team feels different this year as well.