Coaches on the hot seat

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Wonder what head coach gets fired first this year or fired this season? Jay Gruden is probably the favorite but Dan Quinn can't be far behind.

I imagine the Broncos and Dolphins coaches may get a pass as its their first year and the Dolphins are tanking but who knows.

Ron Rivera and Mike Zimmer may get fired by the end of the year if they keep slumping. Mike Tomlin is probably safe due to their QB getting hurt and the fact the Steelers rarely fire coaches (unless they unlikely go winless).

X factor may be Jason Garrett if he can't get the Cowboys past the Divisional round this year with the talent they have. I could see Kris Richard taking over.

Thoughts?

sdog1981

Reaction score
I'm with you on those. There is always a wild card here and there depending on a team crashing in the second half.

Jay Gruden will be the scapegoat for Snyder.

I don't know if Jason Garett would ever get fired. I just think Jerry Jones likes him too much.

Freddy Kitchens might get fired if the Browns go 8-8, which is kind of crazy because the team was 0-16 just two years ago.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rivera is a Cat with 9 lives, Newton hurt is his ace in the hole card this season.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":24xna1e9 said:
Wonder what head coach gets fired first this year or fired this season? Jay Gruden is probably the favorite but Dan Quinn can't be far behind.

I imagine the Broncos and Dolphins coaches may get a pass as its their first year and the Dolphins are tanking but who knows.

Ron Rivera and Mike Zimmer may get fired by the end of the year if they keep slumping. Mike Tomlin is probably safe due to their QB getting hurt and the fact the Steelers rarely fire coaches (unless they unlikely go winless).

X factor may be Jason Garrett if he can't get the Cowboys past the Divisional round this year with the talent they have. I could see Kris Richard taking over.

Thoughts?

Fired first?

Gruden, IMO.

But the whole organization sux.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Vikings have to make a run in the playoffs or both Cousins and Summer are gone. But that's end of season.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Uncle Si":149qhjy9 said:
Vikings have to make a run in the playoffs or both Cousins and Summer are gone. But that's end of season.

And Cousins has shown what he is:

Mediocre and a bad decision maker.

I assume there's disappointment in Viking Land.

As for (back to the Skins) they'll get a thrashing by the Pats this Sunday and they might.....beat the Dolphins next week.

2-4 win season, IMO.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Yes, Gruden has been fired.

The only person who'd want to be HC of this
Disaster of an organization
Is an assistent or someone wanting to
Break into the League as a head coach.

Snyder has destroyed this organization.

It's like having terminal cancer but
Lingering on, barely alive.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Vesuve":3dfuu0pg said:
.........The only person who'd want to be HC of this
Break into the League as a head coach......
I dunno, I think I'd rather just be an assistant the rest of my career. This guy is possibly the worst owner in all of pro sports.

Vesuve

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ioqvjkfm said:
Vesuve":ioqvjkfm said:
.........The only person who'd want to be HC of this
Break into the League as a head coach......
I dunno, I think I'd rather just be an assistant the rest of my career. This guy is possibly the worst owner in all of pro sports.

IMO, he IS the worst.

What a shame.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Nothing will fix the Redskins til Snyder sells the team. Gruden is just a piece of the puzzle and will likely end up doing well as an OC somewhere.

Dan Quinn has to be out. Sounds like the owner doesnt plan to fire him mid season and 'still has faith' but he took over DC role because of concerns and they look worse than ever.

Latest posts