Colin Kaepernick

Reaction score
I wake up every day and I am thankful for my family, my health, living in the greatest country in the world, and most importantly that I dont have to be a niner fan, and makes excuses for my pathetic quarterback!
Wilson on his worst day >Kapernick en fuego.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am sure he is a great guy. He just has a coach who is leading him. Remember they are all kids, we have a higher standard because of RW, so we look at it with a more powerful lens. If Kappernick had a coach like Holmgren or Sean Payton, I am sure he would be more personable with the media and also be mentored and taught other things outside of just playing ball.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I agree with the emulating his coach thing. He does come off as arrogant and a dick tho at times. but hes prob a decent dude if we knew him. Although I also agree, he has nothing on Wilson, except maybe hes a little faster. But Wilson is quicker, if that makes sense

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't remember Alex Smith being a jerk to the media. Just sayin'.

bellyfat

Reaction score
Even 49er fans are getting tired of him being a douchebag. A lot of them wished he was traded and not Alex Smith. It's annoying Kaepernick gets mentioned in the same breath as Wilson by the media and talking heads. In terms of leadership, poise, knowledge of game there is no comparison between the two. If I'm not watching Seahawks I am watching their rivals play, a lot. Kaepernick is mentally fragile, if he's playing bad he's going to give up and put up a fight anymore. Compare that to Wilson who has eight fourth quarter comeback victories and is always in control of the Seahawks offense.

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
So glad Kaepernick didn't win the Super Bowl. It suits him that he was SO CLOSE to it but choked in the end on the final drive. Wilson will win it this year XD.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I hate the whiners as much as the next Seahawks fan but I can't ever lie and say I wouldn't want him as a Seahawk...if we didn't have Russell last name Wilson. RW is far and away a better QB and person than Kaepernick and I think NOBODY has it better than us right now.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2lfn7erg said:
5_Golden_Rings":2lfn7erg said:
He's coached to be short with the media because Harbaugh is paranoid. Kaepernick is emulating him. His answers relating to football are always short. Answers relating to other things are usually much warmer and are accompanied by a smile.

This thread is full of ignorance the likes of which I'd expect on the 49ers webzone. Congratulations. You have sunk to their level.

Kind of how the media was lightheartedly asking him about his time With Russell Wilson on the Madden set and their bet about the eyebrow...and Kaepernick just stared coldly at them and said "I don't know, I only met him that day...you'd have to ask him about that."

That was at least longer than some of his other answers. Even though there was no smile. And certainly not warm.

I just haven't seen the "warm interviews" you are talking about.
Ah, the old "I have not seen it personally therefore what you claim never happens" argument. Here you go, from the very video that everyone is quoting from in this thread (@ about 3:25 I think):

As I said. A lot of ignorance in this thread. Of course, I don't blame you; you guys are Seahawks fans. I don't expect you to know a lot about the 49ers. That said, if a 49er fan points something out that you might be incorrect on due to the fact that you don't watch 49er videos or read their articles very much, it would behoove you to bring some evidence to the table if you want to claim they are lying or full o'crap. Just saying.

*by the way, I didn't say he had a lot of "warm interviews," I said he has given warm answers with that ridiculous smile on questions that don't relate directly or even vaguely to football and scheme.

DavidSeven":2lfn7erg said:
I don't remember Alex Smith being a jerk to the media. Just sayin'.

Actually, Alex Smith started getting shorter and a little more combative during media interviews at precisely the time he started becoming a respectable quarterback. He was never mean, but he did start getting a little more attitude in his answers- "well I just managed myself to a victory" comes to mind.

jblaze

Reaction score
The guy just reeks immature d-bag. Thank god I don't have to root for that tool every week.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
bellyfat":1ce1xu2s said:
Even 49er fans are getting tired of him being a douchebag. A lot of them wished he was traded and not Alex Smith. It's annoying Kaepernick gets mentioned in the same breath as Wilson by the media and talking heads. In terms of leadership, poise, knowledge of game there is no comparison between the two. If I'm not watching Seahawks I am watching their rivals play, a lot. Kaepernick is mentally fragile, if he's playing bad he's going to give up and put up a fight anymore. Compare that to Wilson who has eight fourth quarter comeback victories and is always in control of the Seahawks offense.

Those "49er fans" are the ones who were Alexsexuals and think Kap is a thug and gangster because he is mixed race, has Bible verse tattoos and talks like a kid his age usually does.

Wartooth

Reaction score
He's a Back-Up at best!
I'll never forget seeing that candyass run off the field with out shaking hands after the game!
Spineless!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wartooth":3lfw4kud said:
He's a Back-Up at best!
I'll never forget seeing that candyass run off the field with out shaking hands after the game!
Spineless!
Expect the same this week.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ that the alex smith thing still exists in 49er fandom is so bizarre. I probably erred on the Smith defender side, but was soooooooo glad that he was finally gone just so that the fanbase could repair itself. I really thought that would be the end of it, but the die hard ones never stopped. When Alex Smith got traded I seriously think some people became chiefs fans. It's like Stockholm Syndrome. So bizarre.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":m8vfkqmk said:
^^^^ that the alex smith thing still exists in 49er fandom is so bizarre. I probably erred on the Smith defender side, but was soooooooo glad that he was finally gone just so that the fanbase could repair itself. I really thought that would be the end of it, but the die hard ones never stopped. When Alex Smith got traded I seriously think some people became chiefs fans. It's like Stockholm Syndrome. So bizarre.

Would explain the 1,000,000 page thread on WZ about the chiefs.

Jville

Reaction score
Asked why it seems he despises press conferences, Kaepernick replied: “I signed a contract to play football. The media is just an obligation I have to do.”
I pitty the Bay Area press and fans.

The culture down there is so different. It takes on an up tight and often bunker type mentality at times.

We are so fortunate to have such an open Seahawk community.

I know I'm greatful for our growth as a community.

Building a better community one day at a time.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
E.C.:

Yep. TBF practically every thread there is insanely long because of the way the board is modded, but you're definitely not wrong. ;) It's pretty sad, actually.

Latest posts