Colin Kaepernick

Axx

Reaction score
didnt in week 2 post-conf, he said that the noise or the defense wasn't a factor? It was 100% on what they (the 49ers) didnt do?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Axx":3hz2q1sq said:
didnt in week 2 post-conf, he said that the noise or the defense wasn't a factor? It was 100% on what they (the 49ers) didnt do?
He says that after every loss. We didn't execute. We didn't make the plays.

He uses the word I a lot more after wins, though.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2ygjcl7e said:
He's coached to be short with the media because Harbaugh is paranoid. Kaepernick is emulating him. His answers relating to football are always short. Answers relating to other things are usually much warmer and are accompanied by a smile.

This thread is full of ignorance the likes of which I'd expect on the 49ers webzone. Congratulations. You have sunk to their level.

Hey now... not Webzone bad. COME ON MAN.

To me it is that I know CK was a pretty open and fun guy (appeared) while in College, even after his first start on that Monday night against Chicago. Then he turned into his coach, except shows even less respect.

Go to your own media, get the podcast of any of the pieces that RW does. Go listen to a respectful session and then find ONE of Kaep that compares. If Douchebaugh is instructing Kaep to be a smegma scraper, he isnt doing him any favors.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah the problem with Kaepernick being a dbag to the media is that's mainly what the opposing teams see and hear as they listen to the radio broadcasts. They're not going to go out and seek love-fest softball interview pieces or whatever, but listening to the opposing team post-game or pre-game presser is a natch.

So the biggest thing that is seen about Kaepernick (certainly from Seattle point of view) is all the cart-before-horse love slathered on the guy up to the Green Bay game, him with a bit of a look-at-me attitude with the bicep kissing and the twitpic-posing and what not. Then we see deer-in-the-headlights at Century Link and looking dazed on the sidelines, and what seems to be terribly terribly ungracious petty post-game where he fails to give any credit to the opposing team and just acts like it's all about the Niners executing and it doesn't matter who they play.

Then, while they're playing the god-awful Redskins, he's all yukking it up again on the sidelines (and there's nothing wrong with that in a vacuum).

The thing is, I can totally see a scenario where he is just naturally a fun guy who perhaps locks it down for the pre and post game, but you couldn't engineer a better campaign to make him an object of hate if you tried.

I'm leaning towards those who think this is either Harbaugh suggested or it's just emulating his dbag head coach's media ways. I mean I think Kaep laps up both the positive and negative media attention more than RW (who doesn't) but that doesn't make him a bad guy, just a little immature, and he is in his 20s after all. Newton and RGIII like their attention too.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I prefer to think that it just took a master like Harbaugh to unlock Kaepernick's true douche bag potential.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick perfectly represent their respective head coaches.

Wilson is Carroll, although as far as I'm aware he's never changed... what you see is what you get.

Kaepernick has made a concerted effort to emulate his coach. He's completely changed his public personality. I suspect he'd probably say he doesn't care what people think -- and we only get to see 'him' in these ridiculous press conferences he puts on. But if he doesn't care what people think, why the effort on Twitter to 'favourite' every negative remark?

Either you care what people think or you don't. Whether you use it as motivation or not.

Rocket

Reaction score
I see no evidence he's truly "smart". He might be a decent quarterback, but truly being "smart" spans disciplines.

Rocket

Reaction score
In the comparison interview, Kaep sounds like a young wanna-be being interrogated by a police officer.
In short, he looks afraid.

rjas77

Reaction score
C'mon folks Krapperpick is feeling guilty and a little remorse for stealing and eating Flacco's Mighty Wings...and that he's worried about when Eric Reid's next concussion will be.

and the fact that he lost his right eyebrow after week two :)

hawk45

Reaction score
This game will say a lot about the 2 QBs (more about Kaep truly). Earlier in the season Russ had no OL and Kaep had no WRs. Neither QB lit it up, but Russ was effective (Russ was at home though TBF).

Ever since RW got his line back he's been tearing it up and so has our offense. Any issues RW had while winning every game clearly vanished; he turned into the mad bomber the instant he had some time. Kaepernick was effective against Washington and Crabtree was visible in that game, so we could say there were signs of immediate improvement in him also, albeit against inferior opposition.

In an away game against a really good defense I expect Russell to be effective and keep us in range for the win, not necessarily tear it up for 3 bills, although he might. Kaepernick, if he's legit, should be able to do *enough*. Doing *enough* against our passing defense is a good sign of a quarterback's legitimacy to my mind. This only applies when we are on the road of course. No QB does *enough*, or even *anything* against our defense in Seattle, except pissing their drawers.

SF is out 1 lineman but we're out 2 starting WRs so no one can claim they're more hard done by.

Kaep is clearly inferior to Russell at finding other targets if his primaries aren't there, but he seems to be able to get it to Crabtree. Russell can throw to Ricardo Lockette, Jermaine Kearse, or the janitor and be just fine (even missing half his OL) but this ain't about Kaep being better than Wilson it's about whether Kaep can be successful in his own way.

I'm very interested to see what Bevell has up his sleeve for this game. He was omniscient vs. the Saints, and that comes from a Bevell detractor during the great OL drought of '13.

rsm650

Reaction score
I think he's just trying to not let our dominant performances get into his head because there is a mental aspect of football. It's like Hauschka saying that he treats game-winning kicks as just another kick during practice. I don't take this as an insult at all (unless I'm completely missing something here, in which case you may proceed to call me an idiot :))

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I just think given we are 2-0 with him, and 11-1 this season... a ... a little more respect than "just another team"... PLEASE?!!

hawk45

Reaction score
Just another game, yep.

Has Colin put all that effort into playing football just to troll Seahawks fans? Starting to have my doubts.

And if saying the Hawks are just another team is an effort to prove we aren't in his head, I think he defeated his purpose admirably.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He is coming across as less than honest .... He is making it sound as if the Seahawks are in there way. He needs to own up to the facts 2 total wins against teams above 500. Th only way they are headed is down and the Hawks are not in their way headed that direction

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rsm650":1lj0u4a1 said:
I think he's just trying to not let our dominant performances get into his head because there is a mental aspect of football. It's like Hauschka saying that he treats game-winning kicks as just another kick during practice. I don't take this as an insult at all (unless I'm completely missing something here, in which case you may proceed to call me an idiot :))
No insult because you're correct. He's trying to convince himself that he can beat us. So since I live in Kansas City how about you. "show me" already? Wilson has. So my question is... Colin are you ready to wear long pants?

rigelian

Reaction score
He's an opponent. It's not his job to show respect to the other team. It's also consistent with his coach's secretive control philosophy. That is, it's not the other team that matters but your own. It's a philosophy that he's adopted that is consistent with the tone set by Harbough. The fact that he appears so wooden and uncomfortable delivering this style suggests that it's antithetical to his real personality.

Blaming Kaepernick for adopting this would be akin to blaming Wilson for adopting the one game at a time philosophy that Pete has instilled.

I have no problem with Kaepernick. He has a lot of potential. Strangely enough he'd do better to rely less on being able to gun a football. He needs to work on technique.

Giedi

Reaction score
Jville":12gokqwy said:
Asked why it seems he despises press conferences, Kaepernick replied: “I signed a contract to play football. The media is just an obligation I have to do.”
I pitty the Bay Area press and fans.

The culture down there is so different. It takes on an up tight and often bunker type mentality at times.

We are so fortunate to have such an open Seahawk community.

I know I'm greatful for our growth as a community.

Building a better community one day at a time.

I'd like to think that Joe Montana and Steve Young will take young Kaepernick aside and teach him some media matters after the season. I least that's what I'm hoping for. Kaep is a young guy and has a lot to learn, and I'm hoping eventually he'll want to emulate the two QB's that went before him in that organization.

Giedi

Reaction score
hawk45":2h2mtde3 said:
This game will say a lot about the 2 QBs (more about Kaep truly). Earlier in the season Russ had no OL and Kaep had no WRs. Neither QB lit it up, but Russ was effective (Russ was at home though TBF).

Ever since RW got his line back he's been tearing it up and so has our offense. Any issues RW had while winning every game clearly vanished; he turned into the mad bomber the instant he had some time. Kaepernick was effective against Washington and Crabtree was visible in that game, so we could say there were signs of immediate improvement in him also, albeit against inferior opposition.

In an away game against a really good defense I expect Russell to be effective and keep us in range for the win, not necessarily tear it up for 3 bills, although he might. Kaepernick, if he's legit, should be able to do *enough*. Doing *enough* against our passing defense is a good sign of a quarterback's legitimacy to my mind. This only applies when we are on the road of course. No QB does *enough*, or even *anything* against our defense in Seattle, except pissing their drawers.

SF is out 1 lineman but we're out 2 starting WRs so no one can claim they're more hard done by.

Kaep is clearly inferior to Russell at finding other targets if his primaries aren't there, but he seems to be able to get it to Crabtree. Russell can throw to Ricardo Lockette, Jermaine Kearse, or the janitor and be just fine (even missing half his OL) but this ain't about Kaep being better than Wilson it's about whether Kaep can be successful in his own way.

I'm very interested to see what Bevell has up his sleeve for this game. He was omniscient vs. the Saints, and that comes from a Bevell detractor during the great OL drought of '13.
I agree. This game is more important for Kaep than for Wilson. Wilson is there. He's a great pocket QB, Kaep - not so well right now. As for proving whether or not Kaep is a legit QB, I think he is. Last year was an indication that he's got some great potential, as does Russell.

It's going to be a great rivalry for many years to come if both stay healthy. I remember the Troy Aikman vs Steve Young days and whoever won those contests won the Super Bowl. It's shaping up be a rivalry like that now. It's not there *yet* but if the 'Hawks win the Super Bowl this year, it will elevate the rivalry to that level.

Latest posts