Colt Lyerla… give him a chance Pete!

ivotuk

Reaction score
This guy can be a difference maker. He makes me think of Kiko Alonso, he's a just a football player, and it shows up on the field.

He's one of J's guys, that no matter what the stats say, you know he's right about. If Pete brings him in this guy can be the difference in a win or two. Once he gets going, teams will not know what to think about him until it's too late.

Plus there's the whole Green Bay connection thing.

PLEASE PETE! Bring him in :th2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
sturg78":27pkf5dq said:
Colt is Gronk 2.0, straight ridiculous athlete and half-hulk. I don't know if it was the PCP but he would never go down on the first hit.

There was a play where he lined up at half back and during the read option the backup qb tried to take the ball out of his gut. Having none of that sissy fake action, colt kept the ball and dragged the qb and a few defenders in for a TD.

Edit: https://youtu.be/ayscW-vdj4I

This...too.

He has a sort of Beast Mode attitude and would only add to the brutal, physical game-style that Tom Cable loves so much.

Beat the hell out of the opponents so that the next time you see them they want none of it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't even realize he got a DUI after the Packers released him last year. LOL. yeeaaaaah.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":h3xd6h2o said:
This guy can be a difference maker. He makes me think of Kiko Alonso, he's a just a football player, and it shows up on the field.

He's one of J's guys, that no matter what the stats say, you know he's right about.

Agree'd about the Kiko comparision. They're both a couple of idiots who were born to be football players. Thank you for the bolded part, your check is in the mail.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":14v1a1x6 said:
As some of you who visit the College and Draft forum know, after his sophomore season at Oregon I was a huge Colt Lyerla fan and praying that the Seahawks would draft him. Then his junior season became a train wreck both on and off the field, mostly due to health and personal problems (drug and alcohol abuse, a few arrests, and leaving the Ducks football program… it was reported that it was voluntary, but I believe he was kicked out of the program), and at that point i wanted the Seahawks to stay away from him completely.

Now supposedly he's both clean and healthy and looking for another chance in the NFL. If his mind and body are in the right place he would be a great addition to the Hawks. Duck insiders will tell you that he's one of the top 2 or 3 athletes to ever come through the program, and in combination with Jimmy Graham would make an absolutely filthy tight end combo. Plus, he could be had for the league minimum or probably even stashed on the practice squad if necessary so there's absolutely no risk in giving him a chance.

He had really tough circumstances growing up and has made some pretty bad decisions for himself. I'd like to see his story end happily. Make it so Pete!
The former Oregon tight end offered the following message to NFL teams at the end of his workout video.

"To the NFL teams out there, obviously there have been a lot of bad decisions made in the past. But the past is the past and it's going to stay in the past. 2015 has been a good year to me. The injury has healed well. I've been in a substance-abuse program for the past year and a half. I haven't failed a test since, and my DUI case I had back in September has been officially dismissed," he said. "We're moving forward, and like an old coach I used to have, Chip Kelly, used to say: win the day. I think I have a long string of winning days, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep that process going moving forward and make an NFL 2015 roster."

http://oregon.247sports.com/Board/45/Co ... a-36915806

Your Oregon homerism really knows no bounds :lol:

If this guy went to Oregon State.. you wouldn't want any part of him

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sure I would. He basically can be had for free. If he looks at someone wrong in the vmac cut him 2 minutes later and lose nothing, but if he works out we have a great 1-2-3 punch at tight end.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2j9zbzq0 said:
ivotuk":2j9zbzq0 said:

He's one of J's guys, that no matter what the stats say, you know he's right about.

Agree'd about the Kiko comparision. They're both a couple of idiots who were born to be football players. Thank you for the bolded part, your check is in the mail.

Kiko is loyal, Colt is a POS who bails on his team mid season. Put him in the Harvin type of person.

aredub

Reaction score
I'd be down for giving him a shot! from what I recall the dude is a big time idiot though. If he could put it all together he has all the tools to make it in the league physically.