Colts let go of Hass

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ikooz1n said:
Tech Worlds":3ikooz1n said:
Maulbert":3ikooz1n said:
Tech Worlds":3ikooz1n said:
Wilson, mudbone, moon, Hass.

I would rate Moon ahead of Hass for a full career, but as a Hawk, Hass was better. Seriously, Moon started 1 and a 1/2 seasons after he was in his 40s and was replaced by Jon Kitna. I'll always like him, but putting him ahead of Hass is foolish.
Moon went to the probowl as a Hawk.

That's a weak argument. As Chapow mentioned, Hass went to 3, and on top of that, singular pro bowl selections don't mean a whole lot, even for QBs. If you believe otherwise, google Mike Boryla. I'll wait.
Moon is in the hall of fame. Much better qb than Hass.

I realize that you all love Hass because he got us to the superbowl. Yep, I remember that too. He did a great job that season. But.... The inexplicable spazzelback moments that would happen almost every single game standout.

I must say he did alright for having a noodle arm and marginal talent and football IQ.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1cgv8hgy said:
Moon is in the hall of fame. Much better qb than Hass.

I realize that you all love Hass because he got us to the superbowl. Yep, I remember that too. He did a great job that season. But.... The inexplicable spazzelback moments that would happen almost every single game standout.

I must say he did alright for having a noodle arm and marginal talent and football IQ.

Again, the question was best Seahawks QB. Moon will always be remembered as an Oiler. He was here for a cup of coffee. I clearly stated that full career, yes, Moon was better. But Hass was the better Seahawk QB. Moon was not HoF material for his time in Seattle, and while Hass isn't an HoFer, he likely will wind up in the Ring of Honor. Moon won't, at least as a player.

Msfann

Reaction score
I hope he finds a team and keeps playing if that's what he wants to do. I also hope he retires as a Seahawk when he really is done.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":9nhc3t0f said:
Wilson, mudbone, moon, Hass.
Putting Moon ahead of Hass using your thought process would also mean we need to put Jerry Rice ahead of Largent and possible put Franco Harris in the conversation vs Lynch. The comment was rating Seahawk performance. With that criteria Hass is an easy 2nd behind Wilson. Kreig might have had better numbers but Hass got the wins consistently and could actually hang on to the ball.

NINEster

Reaction score
I would say that Hasselbeck was the best Seahawks QB ever.

NINEster

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1geplmeu said:
NINEster":1geplmeu said:
I would say that Hasselbeck was the best Seahawks QB ever.

Nah, come on man, you can't piggy back on one guy's fantastic bait trolling with a shitty bait troll like this. Try harder. For real.

Let's just say I'm glad Hasselbeck was over the hill and out of Seattle before Carroll created his monster.

He never had the same defense Wilson had, not even close.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":19tqre9u said:
He was alright. Probably the 3rd or 4th best qb to ever play for the Hawks.

Trumpreactionface.gif

Only QB better than Hass is our present starter. Hass was better than Zorn and Krieg and it wasn't really close IMO. And LOL at Moon.

kearly

Reaction score
Moon was better for his career, though by that logic the best Seahawks WR of all time was Jerry Rice. In Moon's two years in Seattle he was basically what Fitzmagic was to the Jets this year.

With Krieg, his pure production numbers were probably better when adjusted for era, but he fumbled more than almost any QB in NFL history and threw a lot of picks. When factoring turnovers into value I couldn't put him ahead of Hass.

Not saying it matters, but Hasselbeck earned a ton of respect and admiration around the league over the course of his career, whereas Dave Krieg is really only remembered by Seahawks fans. I don't think either one would end up in the hall of fame, but I think Hass would come closer. His league-wide rep seems to be a lot better.

Maulbert

Reaction score
kearly":s68exmwk said:
With Krieg, his pure production numbers were probably better when adjusted for era, but he fumbled more than almost any QB in NFL history and threw a lot of picks. When factoring turnovers into value I couldn't put him ahead of Hass.

Amusingly, not anymore. Krieg is high on that list, but Moon broke his record and then Favre broke Moon's.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fumbles_career.htm

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The fact that Hass is discussed as the 2nd best QB in Seattle history is more a sad statement about the sorry history of quarterbacking in Seattle than any kind of glowing endorsement.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":1gwnsiye said:
Again, the question was best Seahawks QB. Moon will always be remembered as an Oiler. He was here for a cup of coffee. I clearly stated that full career, yes, Moon was better. But Hass was the better Seahawk QB. Moon was not HoF material for his time in Seattle, and while Hass isn't an HoFer, he likely will wind up in the Ring of Honor. Moon won't, at least as a player.

100% agreed with this.

TBH before opening this thread I forgot that Moon even played for the Hawks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ib8yf38b said:
Maulbert":ib8yf38b said:

100% agreed with this.

TBH before opening this thread I forgot that Moon even played for the Hawks.
Lots of these Dawg fans don't think of Moon as anything but their old college QB. So the leap to thinking of him as an all time great Hawk QB isn't as far as it seems from first appearances.

kearly

Reaction score
Maulbert":oxvr0ixy said:
Amusingly, not anymore. Krieg is high on that list, but Moon broke his record and then Favre broke Moon's.

Well, I did say "almost any."

Dude was a fumble machine.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":29m9u7y9 said:
Lots of these Dawg fans don't think of Moon as anything but their old college QB. So the leap to thinking of him as an all time great Hawk QB isn't as far as it seems from first appearances.

I think fans tend to be loyal to players who show loyalty to them. Moon moved back to Seattle after he retired and has been doing color commentary on Seahawks games for many years now. I think it's a very similar thing with Mack Strong. We remember him maybe more fondly than we should because he's been loyal and hung around.

Scottemojo":29m9u7y9 said:
The fact that Hass is discussed as the 2nd best QB in Seattle history is more a sad statement about the sorry history of quarterbacking in Seattle than any kind of glowing endorsement.

To be fair, there aren't a ton of NFL teams who's 2nd best QB retired with a better resume than Hasselbeck.

And as far as Seattle's history goes, I think it's actually pretty solid. If Zorn and Kitna are considered average QBs, then Seattle has had an average or better QB under center for roughly 30 out of 40 seasons. If Moon, Krieg, Hass, and Wilson are considered good, then Seattle has had a good QB under center for a majority of their seasons.

Cleveland has gone through something like 20 QBs now since the last time they had a long term starter who was decent (going back over 15 years). Compared to that, Seattle's dry spell at QB in the early to mid-90s was nothing.

12thbrah

Reaction score
If Hass comes back to Seattle the Hawks will win SB51. It would be the perfect ending to his career.

A

Anonymous

As Luck was being carted off the field, Hass set down the Surface, buttoned up the chinstrap, and promptly proceeded to win games with a questionable line and not much RB help. I mean, he had a top-5 WR to work with, but...

He did damn good until a few hard hits banged him up, but if perfectly healthy, the dude can still make it happen.

Always liked Hass.

Latest posts