Colts let go of Hass

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":35sad1sk said:
As Luck was being carted off the field, Hass set down the Surface, buttoned up the chinstrap, and promptly proceeded to win games with a questionable line and not much RB help. I mean, he had a top-5 WR to work with, but...

He did damn good until a few hard hits banged him up, but if perfectly healthy, the dude can still make it happen.

Always liked Hass.

Have to agree here. Would love to bring him in to back up Wilson. Pure class from a guy who should never have left to begin with.

Seriously if we need a back up for more than a game or two we are screwed and Matt showed this year if called upon and healthy, he is the best back up in the league until he gets banged up. Why not bring him in if Jackson really wants to leave, hell even if he doesn't. Get him a ring and have him retire a real Seahawk. Not just a one day signing.

Show some class Pete and John. If he still wants to play there is no better move than to bring him home.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
RichNhansom":f36ffeta said:
HoustonHawk82":f36ffeta said:
As Luck was being carted off the field, Hass set down the Surface, buttoned up the chinstrap, and promptly proceeded to win games with a questionable line and not much RB help. I mean, he had a top-5 WR to work with, but...

He did damn good until a few hard hits banged him up, but if perfectly healthy, the dude can still make it happen.

Always liked Hass.

Have to agree here. Would love to bring him in to back up Wilson. Pure class from a guy who should never have left to begin with.

Seriously if we need a back up for more than a game or two we are screwed and Matt showed this year if called upon and healthy, he is the best back up in the league until he gets banged up. Why not bring him in if Jackson really wants to leave, hell even if he doesn't. Get him a ring and have him retire a real Seahawk. Not just a one day signing.

Show some class Pete and John. If he still wants to play there is no better move than to bring him home.

I'm all in with that too. Matt is still far better insurance than Tarvaris. :mrgreen:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
But damn you guys, with what we saw for an o-line last year Hass wouldn't last one quarter. At least T-Jack has a bit of mobility.

To me that ship has sailed. Vernon Adams please.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3nhahm7x said:
Sounds like one or two hawks fans need to let him go too...

What do you mean? We're not talking about replacing Wilson here, we are talking about a possible back up role. I understand if the FO has someone in mind they feel is a good long term answer for back up and feel that person could win games for us if Wilson went down for a game or two but I don't know of any back ups right now that are capable of that unless we draft someone we are either real high on or we spend early draft capitol on a QB to develop.

Jackson really isn't a better option because he has no more long term fit than Matt. If we are talking about a game or two I would rather have someone who gets rid of the ball quickly to mask the O-line deficiencies than someone who holds the ball until the defense arrives. Maybe you don't remember screaming at the TV for Jackson to get rid of the ball in 2011 but I do.

Maybe some were just to eager to move on to begin with. Several years ago when Hass was still here there were many in here that wanted to move on then, even though the team was completely devoid of any kind of talent they still blamed the teams performance on him. They said he was done, to old and injury prone but here we are several years later after Matt had to sub in several games for Luck and did remarkably well considering the media narrative that Indy also had no talent, yet Matt was able to win with the same team Luck couldn't.

I can tell you this if Wilson went down in the playoffs there isn't a better back up to have than Matt. The playoffs is where Matt always played his best.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3ow35lt0 said:
Hass said earlier this offseason that he wanted to continue playing.

Following in Favre's footsteps right to the end.