Commanders Fire Ron Rivera

RiverDog

Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. Ron Rivera was fired as HC of the Commanders:

In a significant move for the Washington Commanders, the team is set to part ways with head coach Ron Rivera following the conclusion of the current season, as reported by Dianna Russini of The Athletic. This decision comes amidst a challenging period for the team and Rivera, who has struggled to achieve the desired results during his tenure in Washington.

Ron Rivera, aged 61, has been at the helm of the Commanders for four seasons, during which he has amassed a record of 26-36-1, translating to a .421 winning percentage. The current season has been particularly tough for Rivera, marking his most challenging year as a head coach with the Commanders languishing at a disappointing 4–9 record.

Prior to joining the Commanders, Rivera had a notable nine-season run with the Carolina Panthers. His leadership saw the Panthers achieve a commendable 76–63–1 record, highlighted by a memorable journey to the Super Bowl.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/ro ... d2c5&ei=15

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
At this rate, the Hawks will be scratching the bottom of the barrel for coaching staff IF they even move on from any coaching staff they currently have. Nice.

flv2

Reaction score
The Commanders are #32 in points conceded, and they're 50 points worse than the team ranked #31. Time for an overhaul.

evergreen

Reaction score
No thanks. Our next coach is an assistant or coaching college.

Threedee

Reaction score
I don't want an overly conservative coach, like Mike McCarthy, who easily cost GB multiple championships. I also don't want a guy who was given the nickname Riverboat Ron for having a reputation of being too reckless.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Still laughing at people calling the Commanders a good team when Seattle beat them.