Confidence is lost

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I've lost all confidence in this franchise from the top down.

This is such a bleak Friday. Watching yesterday's game, watching both of our lines get absolutely man handled for the entire game.

I have no confidence in the front office to use these draft picks correctly. They may as well close their eyes and throw darts at a board to make their selection.

Zero confidence in coach Carroll or his staff to coach these guys proper fundamentals. The coaches appear in over their heads to draft a solid game plan week in and week out. Mid game adjustments? Yeah, right. That's not in these guy's wheelhouse. Just keep slamming that square peg into a round hole.

Jordyn Brooks looks dazed and confused out there in coverage assignments. He was supposed to be one of the few bright spots on this defense, now he looks like a bust between the ears. All he can do is tackle guys 7 yards downfield.

Cody Barton looks like a puppy chasing treats out there. The fact he's still starting tells me he's got dirt on one of the coaches.

DK is a headcase, and clearly not a team leader. Hes more interested in showing off his abs in pre game workouts than beating 1 on 1 coverage.

I have no faith in the future of this franchise. Especially with Judge Jody Allen at the helm. She sees this as a financial asset that she's preparing to liquidate and sell to the highest bidder. Who knows if the Seahawks will even stay in Seattle. Bezos might just want to move them to Albuquerque and let Jimmy McGill be the coach.

The magic has been gone for years. Now the faith in the future is lost as well. There is no hope for the future. We got one Superbowl out of the best roster we'll ever see, then blew it on a goal line interception.

I feel like Lord Denethor. Abandon your posts.

Who can possibly save this franchise from certain doom and humiliation?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well it is a rebuild or start of one...here have been many prominent whiffs on drafting that have put this team here...Eskridge, McDowell, Collier to name a few. That sets teams back but this last draft seems to be looking good with many more picks in this upcoming draft. I thought 5 wins max this year and they'll finish with 7. Its obvious what needs to be fixed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

This is such a bleak Friday. Watching yesterday's game, watching both of our lines get absolutely man handled for the entire game.

I have no confidence in the front office to use these draft picks correctly. They may as well close their eyes and throw darts at a board to make their selection.

Zero confidence in coach Carroll or his staff to coach these guys proper fundamentals. The coaches appear in over their heads to draft a solid game plan week in and week out. Mid game adjustments? Yeah, right. That's not in these guy's wheelhouse. Just keep slamming that square peg into a round hole.

Jordyn Brooks looks dazed and confused out there in coverage assignments. He was supposed to be one of the few bright spots on this defense, now he looks like a bust between the ears. All he can do is tackle guys 7 yards downfield.

Cody Barton looks like a puppy chasing treats out there. The fact he's still starting tells me he's got dirt on one of the coaches.

DK is a headcase, and clearly not a team leader. Hes more interested in showing off his abs in pre game workouts than beating 1 on 1 coverage.

I have no faith in the future of this franchise. Especially with Judge Jody Allen at the helm. She sees this as a financial asset that she's preparing to liquidate and sell to the highest bidder. Who knows if the Seahawks will even stay in Seattle. Bezos might just want to move them to Albuquerque and let Jimmy McGill be the coach.

The magic has been gone for years. Now the faith in the future is lost as well. There is no hope for the future. We got one Superbowl out of the best roster we'll ever see, then blew it on a goal line interception.

Jimmy McGill aka Saul is in federal prison for life. Maybe Francesca can coach? Or Skyler and Marie?

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jimmy McGill aka Saul is in federal prison for life. Maybe Francesca can coach? Or Skyler and Marie?
I'm sure Slippin Jimmy can find some way to coach from his cell.

I believe Walter Jr aka Flynn can do a better job coaching the defense than Clint "Watching this defense makes my head" Hurtt

Hank would've been an amazing coach. Heck, he'd probably outlift the entire D line combined from his bed collecting minerals

PhrasingBoom

Reaction score
"Cody Barton looks like a puppy chasing treats out there." Ha! Very accurate. He's terrible.

Xxx

Reaction score

Wow that was last year? How do you feel now?

bileever

Reaction score
Me after a loss: "This may be the worst Seahawks team ever. Burn it down to the ground. I hate football."

Me after a win: "Unbelievable team. Sky's the limit. I think I might re-watch the game for the third time."

I may have a problem with a lack of perspective.

Xxx

Reaction score
Me after a loss: "This may be the worst Seahawks team ever. Burn it down to the ground. I hate football."

Me after a win: "Unbelievable team. Sky's the limit. I think I might re-watch the game for the third time."

I may have a problem with a lack of perspective.
Not me… after that browns game I knew it was bad, so what we won it was bad

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This was a dark time for me guys.

Things were looking bleak for me personally, so I took out my frustration on this board. Since then, I've self published a book titled "Simon's Dream" began exercising more routinely, eating better and overall am a much happier person.

That being said, yesterday was a tough loss for the Seahawks. Hopefully they can regroup and come out stronger.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The problem isn't that we are bad. The problem is people thought we were good. That is more on Pete making a team look better than it is than anything.

Look at the roster.

Here are our strengths: CB, WR
Mids: OL, DL (OL is a weakness with the injuries), TE, special teams
Weaknesses: RB, Safeties, QB
GLARING WEAKNESS: LB, LB, LB

Is that the recipe for even a playoff team? Of course not.
We expected to suck last year. We didn't. That was probably not a trend though.
We should end the year around .500...which is where we reasonably should be expecting us to end given the roster and schedule. Maybe slightly above .500.

Maybe squeak into the playoffs if we hit a small hot streak - but this isn't a team to expect a Div winner from or anything other than an early exit from the playoffs if we squeak in at all.

I am confused we made the trade given this is a team we shouldn't expect much from. But we don't suck. We just have bad losses occasionally as flawed teams will do. TWO bad losses in the same year should be your sign not to expect much. But we should have known that earlier.

bileever

Reaction score
Not me… after that browns game I knew it was bad, so what we won it was bad
You're right, there's always that feeling even after a win, that we didn't deserve to win. That's the life of a football fan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
ALL confidence? Absolutely not. One clunker won't change it for me. But, I absolutely have lost some confidence. Mainly because it's a pattern, and this team, once again, has no identity.
For the record, I never feel bad after a WIN. Ever.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ALL confidence? Absolutely not. One clunker won't change it for me. But, I absolutely have lost some confidence. Mainly because it's a pattern, and this team, once again, has no identity.
For the record, I never feel bad after a WIN. Ever.
This post was from last December that got bumped. I am not saying this after the Baltimore game.