Confidence Level going into this weekend?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Aros":2766uzs8 said:
I am wavering between full blown confidence and nervous. After all, the Cardinals will be bringing everything they have at us and will be playing like it's the Super Bowl. If this was a random game in September I wouldn't be worried in the least.

Like I said before, I expect to win, but won't be shocked if we lose.

The Seahawks have to play the best game of the season to win tomorrow. Anything short of that and we will be 10-5 with no shot at the #1 or the division title.

They brought everything they had a few weeks ago and they had a better QB playing and could only muster up 3 points. They haven't gotten better, so I don't see how they have a chance tomorrow. The Seahawks have been here before and know what is on the line. They won't let us down.

taco40

Reaction score
kearly":16in8c99 said:
I think this game says a lot about Hawk fan psychosis. Arizona has a negative DVOA for the season- they have essentially played like an 8-8 or 7-9 team but have lucked their way into a historical over-achieving team. And when they played the Seahawks a month ago with a healthier and better team than they have now, they got their asses kicked.

Vegas has Seattle by 8 points, Ryan Lindley is one of the very worst QBs in NFL history, but Hawks fans think this will be a nail biter.

You know Seattle is going to play their asses off in this game. So will Arizona. But it likely won't matter for them, because the talent discrepancy is so steep.

I found Michael Irvin's analysis on NFL network on Saturday morning interesting. He called Lindley the backup of the backup. I'm not so sure, I think there should be three levels of back-up/back-up/back-up as he was on the practice squad two layers below Phil Rivers after being cut by AZ in August. Irvin mentioned that the receivers are expecting to get laid out when the backup to a backup throws to a spot that allows the DB's to break them in half. Look at Denver's alligator arms after Kam got his signature SB 48 hit just a few minutes into the first quarter. AZ's receivers are most likely going to be all vying for all fly patterns all the time keeping the middle of the field unencumbered by offensive players. He's not going to throw to Sherman's side so Maxwell will end up tipping the ball to Kam and Earl. Often.
The Hawk offense will stumble again for about 1.5 quarters, but with so many three and outs, even the vaunted AZ defense will become unvaunted.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
kearly":1ils9jwr said:
I think this game says a lot about Hawk fan psychosis. Arizona has a negative DVOA for the season- they have essentially played like an 8-8 or 7-9 team but have lucked their way into a historical over-achieving team. And when they played the Seahawks a month ago with a healthier and better team than they have now, they got their asses kicked.

Vegas has Seattle by 8 points, Ryan Lindley is one of the very worst QBs in NFL history, but Hawks fans think this will be a nail biter.

You know Seattle is going to play their asses off in this game. So will Arizona. But it likely won't matter for them, because the talent discrepancy is so steep.

At some point we need to just take some chances emotionally and flash some bravado as fans. The Cardinals suck, and the Seahawks have already proven it. They are about to prove it again.
Couldn't have said it better. Won't even try.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It is interesting that everyone is posting just about confidence levels for the Hawks/ Cards game this weekend.

I'm curious about confidence levels for more the just the one game.

I'm confident enough that we will be hosting our second consecutive NFCCG in January that I made reservations for a Seattle trip that weekend.

-bsd rpa

LolaRox

Reaction score
kearly":3jamuswf said:

At some point we need to just take some chances emotionally and flash some bravado as fans. The Cardinals suck, and the Seahawks have already proven it. They are about to prove it again.

This

In addition, people keep talking about their defense as if they're world beaters. Their defense is good but not elite (except in the redzone where they are excellent) Seahawks should be able to move the ball on them just as they did in the first game. Also having Beast at full strength (or close to it) should help, in the first game he was having back problems and didn't get his full workload.

Latest posts