*Confirmed* Kam to be put on IR

ivotuk

Reaction score
Why in the hell would they wait 1 to 2 weeks to IR him? Seems like a strange move.

Unless they want to wait and get Chris Carson off of "designated return IR" first. Not sure if that would allow them to Designate Kam to return or not.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2a6jb4ty said:
Why in the hell would they wait 1 to 2 weeks to IR him? Seems like a strange move.

Unless they want to wait and get Chris Carson off of "designated return IR" first. Not sure if that would allow them to Designate Kam to return or not.

I didnt think "designated to return IR" existed as such anymore. My understanding is anyone can return from IR after they have been on IR for at least 8 weeks and that up to 2 players are eligible in a season. If that is the case surely it makes no sense to delay getting Kam on IR if thats what is needed? Happy to be corrected.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
ivotuk":3478ajvj said:

I think this might end up being similar to the Avril situation. They did tests for a couple weeks following his injury with various doctors. Given the nature and possible long term affects of the injury, no need to rush him back and risk it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Generally speaking -- we've create an environment where people think the internet is some sort of Time Machine. I'm going to get on here or twitter or whatever and KNOW THE FUTURE. Here's my BIG SCOOP --- Kam is waiting on medical tests and may or may not play. SEXY HOT TAKE!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Now EVERYONE is coming out of the woodwork...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Coop_RJ/status/931058440725659648[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BellessaChad/status/930922864655527937[/tweet]

Some people do this because if they make a safe educated guess (which, as AgentDib points out, "Kam headed to IR" would qualify as given the circumstances), they get a wave of follows who assume he has good sources. Doesn't matter whether his next few guesses are bad; follows are usually slower to leave than to arrive.

The reason I don't follow Hsu, personally, is because I don't want to choke my feed with 30-character tweets.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
That would be quite the stinger to hold him out for 11+ days, let alone IR him.

Really hoping this is some #fakenews.

kobebryant

Reaction score
This is the same blogger who blamed Kam Chancellor's holdout on Kam not having a father figure, and got taken to task by Bomani Jones for it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":13emdgy4 said:

Stingers can be serious, so it wouldn't be a surprise to me if Kam's out a while.

I don't trust a lot of these NFL bloggers like Hsu, but I do trust Pete.............and anytime Pete says he's not sure on injuries and "we'll see how <insert player name> responds" it worries me.

Pete parses a lot of things, but when it comes to injuries he's pretty straight forward. If I hear that a player's not practicing 3-4 days before a game and Pete says they still don't know the extent of the injury? Not good.

Exittium

Reaction score
Im at the point of, Ill believe it when I see it. Until then, its whatever for me.

HSU claim is like throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks. At which point it generates him clicks and what not. No thanks

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IF this is true. No Sherm/No Kam----Put a fork in us. We are done for the season. I am scared to watch the rest of the games this season. :pukeface: :pukeface:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":t8zqvpyz said:
IF this is true. No Sherm/No Kam----Put a fork in us. We are done for the season. I am scared to watch the rest of the games this season. :pukeface: :pukeface:

It will make it tougher, but McDougald filled in well for Earl and should do OK filling in for Kam. If Earl goes down or is not 100%? Yikes, we may need 45 points to win a game.

Was thinking about our D and how to rate the replacements. If Sherm, Kam are 10's, who do you rate their replacements.

Lane/Maxwell = 7
McDougald = 8

If Earl were to go down I'm guessing McDougald moves to FS, but who do we have that would slide into Kam's spot? Delano Hill?

Hope we don't lose all 3, but if it happens, while I'll never say the seasons over, it will be very unlikely we make the playoffs. Injuries are a fact of life in the NFL and they can undo your season regardless of those that want to say "Don't make excuses", it's true. Look at Greenbay.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tzga0pj said:
It's already known? Yet Pete hasn't said it.

No, but when talking about it he said they would be taking their time with him to do what's best for him, or something along those lines. Either way, it was very similar to the way he would talk about Cliff.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":on85ogrd said:
Look at Greenbay.

QB's are different.

Why has NE seemingly lost half their receivers, LB's and deal with constant turnover. Yet here they are again, 7-2 and probably on their way to another #1 seed and the fast track to the SB.

Brady and Belichick, that's why.

So if we don't make the playoffs? This is on Pete and Russell, it's on them now to prove their value to this franchise.

Yep, injuries are a part of the game, and if you lose a QB like Rodgers? I'm not blaming anyone, elite QB's cannot be replaced. But for a team like the Hawks with Russell and still plenty of talent? I expect us to win, and if we don't? Like I said, it's on Pete, his staff and Russell for not making adjustments to scheme and playcalling..................on both sides of the ball.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2sqa7w21 said:
JGfromtheNW":2sqa7w21 said:

Stingers can be serious, so it wouldn't be a surprise to me if Kam's out a while.

I don't trust a lot of these NFL bloggers like Hsu, but I do trust Pete.............and anytime Pete says he's not sure on injuries and "we'll see how <insert player name> responds" it worries me.

Pete parses a lot of things, but when it comes to injuries he's pretty straight forward. If I hear that a player's not practicing 3-4 days before a game and Pete says they still don't know the extent of the injury? Not good.

Couldn't agree more. Stingers, like most nerve injuries, can vary widely in terms of effects and recovery. Avril is exhibit A. Pete being really vague about it worries me, though.