*Confirmed* Kam to be put on IR

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ej7wd4o said:
StoneCold":3ej7wd4o said:
Look at Greenbay.

QB's are different.

Why has NE seemingly lost half their receivers, LB's and deal with constant turnover. Yet here they are again, 7-2 and probably on their way to another #1 seed and the fast track to the SB.

Brady and Belichick, that's why.

So if we don't make the playoffs? This is on Pete and Russell, it's on them now to prove their value to this franchise.

Yep, injuries are a part of the game, and if you lose a QB like Rodgers? I'm not blaming anyone, elite QB's cannot be replaced. But for a team like the Hawks with Russell and still plenty of talent? I expect us to win, and if we don't? Like I said, it's on Pete, his staff and Russell for not making adjustments to scheme and playcalling..................on both sides of the ball.

I don't disagree with you, QB is the most important piece, but if any team loses enough if it high value players and can't replace them adequately their ability to win suffers.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
One thing this thread proves, just like last year: nobody ever ACTUALLY believed that Kam (or Sherman) were declining in quality of play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3e6obyf6 said:
One thing this thread proves, just like last year: nobody ever ACTUALLY believed that Kam (or Sherman) were declining in quality of play.

I do.

I think Sherman before his injury was playing at about 80% of his prime 2-3 years ago.........and Kam's playing at about 70%.

That doesn't mean they stink, wish they weren't Hawks, or I'm glad they're not playing. It's the shelf life of a football player................. they're older, not at their peak and as we're finding out more injury prone.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think the area you will miss Kam the most is communication and leadership. I don't see a huge dropoff on actual on field performance to McDougald.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":1ezya4a0 said:
I think the area you will miss Kam the most is communication and leadership. I don't see a huge dropoff on actual on field performance to McDougald.

For sure, and we saw that in last year's Atlanta game when Richard freaked out after he thought he had over the top help when JJ scored a TD.

Hopefully with a smarter more veteran McDougall, Lane and Maxwell back there we won't see that kind of miscommunication.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ms2d9it said:
MontanaHawk05":1ms2d9it said:

I do.

I think Sherman before his injury was playing at about 80% of his prime 2-3 years ago.........and Kam's playing at about 70%.

That doesn't mean they stink, wish they weren't Hawks, or I'm glad they're not playing. It's the shelf life of a football player................. they're older, not at their peak and as we're finding out more injury prone.

Alright, I'll amend...were declining significantly enough to make their departure an afterthought.

And I never really addressed the injury prone thing. That seems more and more the case, obviously.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":miheanoz said:
And I never really addressed the injury prone thing. That seems more and more the case, obviously.

This is a question I posed before the season started when a lot of people thought our defense with Richardson would vault our D back to their dominant days of 2012-2013........................has there ever been a great OLD defense?

Pete and John have kept this core group on defense together, with many of the core good to great, but on the decline. Is that smart? Idk, but it's a good philosophical football question.

Can this team with 60-70% of it's cap dedicated on the defensive side compete for SB's anymore with an old defense?

Seymour

Reaction score
I trust Bell far more than HSU. Looks like he finally got one right here (at least partially)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/931279221640519680[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'll go with a wait and see on this one. McDougald filled in great for ET, but that's also not who calls out adjustments and who syncs the DBs with the front seven. Kam does all that so this would be a huge test in keeping everyone on the same page in our zones. Might be inclined to think we'll see more cover 1, 2 deep man, and 2 man press. I'd almost prefer the latter even though it's more conservative. Cover 1 isn't very forgiving no matter who the FS is. Hopefully we only sprinkle that in like we have in the past. I bet we just stick with out base cover 3 though, for the most part. Pete basically said as much.

kidhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":225v0z0v said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/931287769598410752[/tweet]

The way Pete was talking about Mcdougal definitely made it sound like they are not going to have Kam this week, but that quote from Wagner makes it sound like that at least he believes that Kam will be back at some point (sooner than Sherman who isn't coming back this season)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Why is it that some players go to one physician after another to get a "definitive" diagnosis regarding a condition. Seems to me that they are looking for a reason to sit out a game or so. A "stinger" is one of those diagnoses.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":9jsr1452 said:
Why is it that some players go to one physician after another to get a "definitive" diagnosis regarding a condition. Seems to me that they are looking for a reason to sit out a game or so. A "stinger" is one of those diagnoses.

Often players don't go to different doctors to seek different diagnosis they are many times seeking different treatment options. Stingers can be quite serious problems, so I don't blame him if that's what he is doing....as far as I know though, Pete's just said that he's still getting tests and seeing doctors.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":b3o2wruo said:

Does Kam strike you as a player that's looking for a reason to sit? He's one of the toughest players in the league.

They get 2nd and 3rd opinions for the same reasons we do when we have something serious going on, they want to make sure what they're being told is correct............or they don't like what they were told.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cz7vd9t said:
Bigpumpkin":3cz7vd9t said:

Does Kam strike you as a player that's looking for a reason to sit? He's one of the toughest players in the league.

They get 2nd and 3rd opinions for the same reasons we do when we have something serious going on, they want to make sure what they're being told is correct............or they don't like what they were told.

Kam chose to sit for more money once already, so it's not really a stretch to consider the possibility that he may do the same for health reasons. Especially if it could prolong his career (earn him more $$).

That said, I don't think he would either, but I would not blame someone else for considering the possibility.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Father time has never lost a race, I just hope he's running a bit slower for the next two years.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kidhawk":1dzah55w said:
Bigpumpkin":1dzah55w said:

Often players don't go to different doctors to seek different diagnosis they are many times seeking different treatment options. Stingers can be quite serious problems, so I don't blame him if that's what he is doing....as far as I know though, Pete's just said that he's still getting tests and seeing doctors.

One can look up on the internet the treatment options for "stingers". One can "shop" their MRI's to different M.D.'s to get the opinion they are looking for. Would Kam do this.....you bet!

Latest posts