Congratulations Seahawks Fans- Hard Hitting Defense you have

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
aawolf":oum5qrxm said:
I was impressed with their defense though, especially Landon Collins, who is the truth. He's Cam Chancellor 2.0.

Collins is a phenomenal player in some respects. He can hit and play in the box, but he struggles a bit in coverage. Seattle picked on him twice yesterday with schemes to isolate him against a WR.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only way that call is reversed is if there was clear evidence that possession hadn't occurred when Richardson's ass hit the ground.

But there wasn't clear evidence of that, because it was called a TD to begin with.

And as far as the refs not being your friend? Huh? We had 15 penalties, and 3-4 of those were terrible calls. Not a great day for the refs, but it certainly wasn't one sided for us, that's laughable.

I commend any fan eating crow, but you told us Darkwa was the real deal, and was going to run all over our D and you guys would win.

Rule #1 of eating Crow, disclaimers, excuses and blaming refs is not eating crow.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6t5jqy5x said:
The only way that call is reversed is if there was clear evidence that possession hadn't occurred when Richardson's ass hit the ground.

But there wasn't clear evidence of that, because it was called a TD to begin with.

And as far as the refs not being your friend? Huh? We had 15 penalties, and 3-4 of those were terrible calls. Not a great day for the refs, but it certainly wasn't one sided for us, that's laughable.

I commend any fan eating crow, but you told us Darkwa was the real deal, and was going to run all over our D and you guys would win.

Rule #1 of eating Crow, disclaimers, excuses and blaming refs is not eating crow.

I think I explained in another post my "predictions " were for the most part to goad you

someone asked me to make some so I had fun with it........anyone who took those seriously is a bit to bereft of a good sense of humor.

I would like to play that game over though with Shepard in the slot and Rudolph at WR oll game......indication were after practice Thursday Shepard would play yesterday.

would have made for a more interesting game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
BlueClue":3d0svsr9 said:
Sgt. Largent":3d0svsr9 said:

I think I explained in another post my "predictions " were for the most part to goad you

someone asked me to make some so I had fun with it........anyone who took those seriously is a bit to bereft of a good sense of humor.

I would like to play that game over though with Shepard in the slot and Rudolph at WR oll game......indication were after practice Thursday Shepard would play yesterday.

You would have still scored 7.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BlueClue":21aph42n said:
Sgt. Largent":21aph42n said:

The way to beat the Hawk's D is to wear them down, because we're thin at all three levels. Elite starting talent, but thin after that. Gotta get to the TOP and snap count where we have to start sending in the scrubs and get our starters gassed.

So the way you guys had a chance yesterday is to convert on all those 3rd and short to medium, and THAT'S where you should be directing your displeasure in your offense. Absolutely atrocious 3rd down conversion on Manning and your offenses part.

Don't think I've ever seen a QB and offense with such a timid 3rd down gameplan. Manning was perfectly happy running into brick walls and checking down on 3rd and 5-8 and only getting two yards. Made no sense playcall wise.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ns8qzva said:
BlueClue":3ns8qzva said:
Sgt. Largent":3ns8qzva said:

The way to beat the Hawk's D is to wear them down, because we're thin at all three levels. Elite starting talent, but thin after that. Gotta get to the TOP and snap count where we have to start sending in the scrubs and get our starters gassed.

So the way you guys had a chance yesterday is to convert on all those 3rd and short to medium, and THAT'S where you should be directing your displeasure in your offense. Absolutely atrocious 3rd down conversion on Manning and your offenses part.

Don't think I've ever seen a QB and offense with such a timid 3rd down gameplan. Manning was perfectly happy running into brick walls and checking down on 3rd and 5-8 and only getting two yards. Made no sense playcall wise.

Thats the best football analysis I've seen on a message board in a long time

BUT the way to do that is throw long and often to open up the middle.......we didnt do that

Havent done it since Ron Ehrhardt retired, you get an interference call or at worst an INT that is almost as good as a punt

You have to teach your WR's to always be thinking play D if the ball is underthrown and learn to tackle well

Exittium

Reaction score
I'll put this here..

:2thumbs:

6sr1cWN

It was a TD I'm already tired of hearing and seeing the excuses. Your team sucked.. correction SUCKS and got lucky with Denver and their mediocre QB.
That picture right there shows it was a TD.
The refs sucked on both sides but you can't get bailed out when you keep shooting yourself in the foot or just suck that bad.

Eli even gave Shaq damn near the same respect of not more than Sherman. Eli's one long bomb swatted away by Sherman was almost the only real attempt and they went back to beyond conservative.

Chapow

Reaction score
^^^

It's crystal clear. Richardson has 2 hands on the ball, Collins has zero hands on the ball. Collins tried (and failed) to rip the ball out of Richardson's hands once they were down in the end zone and it was already a TD. Anyone who questions whether that's a TD or not is either trolling or just has no idea what they are talking about.

Exittium

Reaction score
Chapow":39qbdtat said:
^^^

It's crystal clear. Richardson has 2 hands on the ball, Collins has zero hands on the ball. Collins tried (and failed) to rip the ball out of Richardson's hands once they were down in the end zone and it was already a TD. Anyone who questions whether that's a TD or not is either trolling or just has no idea what they are talking about.
Exactly that's why I circled the hands. He clearly has two hands on the ball. And this view is most likely the BEST view we have of all that.

mikeak

Reaction score
There is no doubt that Richardson did NOT have clear possession as the ball arrived

The issue is that the ball does NOT hit the ground so a possession has to be called

Both players seems to have their hands on the football and as such it cannot truly be determined who got it first. Joint possession is called and then the offensive player gets the call by rule. It is a TD

it was clearly how it had to be called, it took time to sort it out but I do agree - Richardson did NOT have possession when the ball arrived. Look at it again - it hits his hand and moves around as they are going to the ground. You have to look at video and not a picture

EDIT: The picture above confirms that Richardson had the possession BUT that picture was not part of the decision making from what I saw. It was not shown in any of the video feeds and that is all they see. A picture does confirm if the right call was made or not, but it does not confirm if the refs made the right call based on the information available to them.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BlueClue":173ht6od said:
Maelstrom787":173ht6od said:
Yeah, by rule that's an easy call. Touchdown for offense 100%. Would've been one for NY too.

Big props to come back and offer congratulations.

Yeah George

It was such an easy call the refs stared at the players for an eternity then one raises the arms and the other parrots him

such an easy call......the problem was the WR did not maintain possession to the ground. He was bobbling it.

by that time Collins had clearly gotten possession, your guys just had a hand on it. and Collins came away with the ball

I understand your perspective though

Hey you guys are in a good position now......GB lost their golden boy

Only Philadelphia stands in your way now.......I dont think you can beat them it will be a fun game to watch We will all enjoy watching- I have direct TV - I'll watch.

It's an easy call if you know the rules of football or even watched the play over but clearly you don't;didn't.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
mikeak":2trn8v00 said:
There is no doubt that Richardson did NOT have clear possession as the ball arrived

The issue is that the ball does NOT hit the ground so a possession has to be called

Both players seems to have their hands on the football and as such it cannot truly be determined who got it first. Joint possession is called and then the offensive player gets the call by rule. It is a TD

it was clearly how it had to be called, it took time to sort it out but I do agree - Richardson did NOT have possession when the ball arrived. Look at it again - it hits his hand and moves around as they are going to the ground. You have to look at video and not a picture

EDIT: The picture above confirms that Richardson had the possession BUT that picture was not part of the decision making from what I saw. It was not shown in any of the video feeds and that is all they see. A picture does confirm if the right call was made or not, but it does not confirm if the refs made the right call based on the information available to them.
He did have posession of the ball when his feet touched as seen in the photo. It doesn't matter what happens after that. :177692:

mikeak

Reaction score
Chapow":1qdtnqjk said:
^^^

Such hyperbole never helps a conversation and is in itself trolling

Looking at the video feed only which is what fans were able to see and it was not clearcut where a possession is established. Still from the same videofeed a TD was the correct call but it wasn't crystal clear so to discuss it means trolling

Exittium

Reaction score
mikeak":1vkt4yzi said:
The Seahawks receiver fumbled the ball - there is no doubt that he did NOT have clear possession as they go to the ground

I respectfully disagree. You can CLEARLY see Richardson with both hands on the football. And once he hit the ground (down by contact) is when Collins who only had a hand on his wrist is when he tried wrestling it away.

Actually from the 1:00min mark he gets it loses it but regains it (hence the picture) and at the 1:03-1:04 mark of the video he has it and is down. Collins After still tries to fight for it.

[youtube]sEwMFShZ9GA[/youtube]

edit: that picture is from that video

Chapow

Reaction score
mikeak":sq8onnrx said:
Chapow":sq8onnrx said:
^^^

Such hyperbole never helps a conversation and is in itself trolling

Looking at the video feed only which is what fans were able to see and it was not clearcut where a possession is established. Still from the same videofeed a TD was the correct call but it wasn't crystal clear so to discuss it means trolling

I'm talking about with all the evidence we have now, not as the play happened in real time.

The evidence we have now clearly shows Richardson coming down with 2 hands on the ball while also clearly showing that Collins has 1 hand on Richardson's helmet and 1 hand on Richardson's wrist, in other words, zero hands on the ball.

How can you even dispute that at this point? Look at the picture. It's right there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Richardson came down with both feet in the EZ with the ball in his possession = TOUCHDOWN! Thereafter you can argue about joint possession and in that case the rules state the WR wins the possession.

RussB

Reaction score
Dont really see the big deal about the collins/richardson thing. When richardson caught it, he had possession as he was going down. Then him and collins tustled for it but they were both out of bounds so its kind of irrelevant.

Giants D is good though, the reason your team has been so underwhelming this season is because of the offense.

mikeak

Reaction score
Exittium":3s2a4t1w said:
mikeak":3s2a4t1w said:
The Seahawks receiver fumbled the ball - there is no doubt that he did NOT have clear possession as they go to the ground

I respectfully disagree. You can CLEARLY see Richardson with both hands on the football. And once he hit the ground (down by contact) is when Collins who only had a hand on his wrist is when he tried wrestling it away.

Actually from the 1:00min mark he gets it loses it but regains it (hence the picture) and at the 1:03-1:04 mark of the video he has it and is down. Collins After still tries to fight for it.

edit: that picture is from that video

Watch right at the 42 second mark. The ball hits Richardson's hands and then bounces up or around - it moves around in his hands as they go to the ground. He definitely has two hands on the ball but as the rule is defined about having and maintaining possession as you go to the ground the ball is NOT secured.

Yes then as you go to the 1.03-1.04 mark it APPEARS from the view that he has it but is it fully secured when they hit the ground? Does it move around as they hit the ground? Remember per the rules it is not having it just secured in the air it has to remain still as he goes to the ground. When they go to the ground they are both tangled up

Look I said it -- based on what is shown it was the correct call. I just don't think it is as crystal clear as some people are saying

That is what hurt the Jets last week. The ball was moving around as they went out of bounds so then it was called a touchback because it wasn't secured and they go out of bounds

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Aros":qaf12vha said:
The tie ALWAYS goes to the receiver, period.

Unless you are the Jets and you are playing the Patriots, Then an end zone catch is an opponents touch back

Latest posts