Congratulations Seahawks Fans- Hard Hitting Defense you have

mikeak

Reaction score
Either way to the OP

I personally think this was Seattle's best game of the season. The special teams didn't allow anything, ball arrived and then players were slammed

Defense played lights out

Offense IMHO played well throughout the game. Yes 10+ plays from within the 10 yard line and not scoring is horrible, but we are two Graham drops away from scoring 17 points in the first half............ Those drops were HUGE

Finally we learned from the Rams game. We were up there, didn't get a first down for more than half of 3rd quarter and all of 4th. This time for the first time in a long time did we keep attacking and realized that the best way to chew clock is not give the ball back...

It was to me more telling about what Seattle did than the Giants. I am excited about the Houston game it is going to be a fantastic game and probably real close. We will have issues with Watson and now just hope the offense keeps clicking

mikeak

Reaction score
BlueClue":3ajnjpcb said:
Aros":3ajnjpcb said:
The tie ALWAYS goes to the receiver, period.

Unless you are the Jets and you are playing the Patriots, Then an end zone catch is an opponents touch back

That was not an end-zone catch which is actually what hurt the Jets

It was a catch and possession OUTSIDE the endzone. Then the player clearly looses possession going towards the endzone.

It is not clear that possession is re-established before the player goes out of bounds therefor it is a fumble out of the endzone.

The difference in the two plays is that in the Seahawks game it is a throw INTO the endzone that has two players around the ball and the ball is secured before going out of bounds.

Therefore an INT / TD has to be called with the correct call being a TD.

They may seem the same but they are very different in nature

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
mikeak":1z6qa4yy said:
BlueClue":1z6qa4yy said:
Aros":1z6qa4yy said:
The tie ALWAYS goes to the receiver, period.

Unless you are the Jets and you are playing the Patriots, Then an end zone catch is an opponents touch back

That was not an end-zone catch which is actually what hurt the Jets

It was a catch and possession OUTSIDE the endzone. Then the player clearly looses possession going towards the endzone.

It is not clear that possession is re-established before the player goes out of bounds therefor it is a fumble out of the endzone.

The difference in the two plays is that in the Seahawks game it is a throw INTO the endzone that has two players around the ball and the ball is secured before going out of bounds.

Therefore an INT / TD has to be called with the correct call being a TD.

They may seem the same but they are very different in nature

Yeah I lean towards catch. But damm it's getting hard to know what a catch is

You almost need a doctorate in quantum meta physics they have made it so arcane

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":18xlyqyx said:
Yeah, by rule that's an easy call. Touchdown for offense 100%. Would've been one for NY too.

Big props to come back and offer congratulations.

If we were the patriots that's an INT

AT THAT POINT THE SCORE WAS 10-7 with 10 min to go

Aldras as had just missed a 3 pointer by an inch. Story of our season

Then we imploded

The final score does not Indicate how evenly matched the two teams are

That guy who caught like 16 3rd and short passes for a first down was your hero
But our MLBer went out early

We have a lot to build on
Best scenario now is we go 0-9. Fire GM and HC

Promote Spags or hire Nick Saban and draft 1 2 or 3

I'm rooting Buffalo home. NY team. They never won squat. Jim Kelley deserves to see a trophy

kidhawk

Reaction score
BlueClue":wq2g5pdl said:
Maelstrom787":wq2g5pdl said:
Yeah, by rule that's an easy call. Touchdown for offense 100%. Would've been one for NY too.

Sorry, but that was the right call everyday. It wasn't an interception and never would have been an interception per NFL rules. It was a tough break for you guys and I feel your pain...I've been there as a fan far too many times, but it's just not going to change the fact that the call was correct under NFL rules.

Your team will move forward from this and hopefully (for your sake) they can get themselves right before the end of the season then add some more pieces to the puzzle for next season.

I'll be rooting for your Giants against the rest of the NFC from here on out.

Barakas

Reaction score
BlueClue":5jgfgawo said:
Maelstrom787":5jgfgawo said:

Who exactly do you think we are? Do you think WE are the Patriots?!?! If that was not the correct call there would be nothing but non-stop talking on the radio waves and countless articles written today saying the Giants got screwed there!

Please, outside of Giants media, show me one national story where any football analyst or journalist says that was an INT.

I'll be here waiting.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Richardson clearly goes to ground with the ball, having bobbled it once and regained it prior to hitting the ground. There is no simultaneous possession because Richardson clearly has the ball in both his hands before Collins puts a single hand on it. When Richardson hits the ground, he has the ball and is down by contact.

That much is completely and clearly supported by video evidence.

So it's only what happens on the ground that could make any difference, and here's the thing about that: Once Richardson hits the ground, the play is effectively over with regard to who has the ball. Anything that happens after that determines whether or not it was a catch.

So by process of elimination:
It can't be an incomplete pass since the ball never hits the ground.
It can't be an interception since Richardson had it when he hit the ground in contact with Collins, ending the play.

Only one option remains: Touchdown.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
BlueClue":202o0o6o said:
Sgt. Largent":202o0o6o said:
The only way that call is reversed is if there was clear evidence that possession hadn't occurred when Richardson's ass hit the ground.

But there wasn't clear evidence of that, because it was called a TD to begin with.

And as far as the refs not being your friend? Huh? We had 15 penalties, and 3-4 of those were terrible calls. Not a great day for the refs, but it certainly wasn't one sided for us, that's laughable.

I commend any fan eating crow, but you told us Darkwa was the real deal, and was going to run all over our D and you guys would win.

Rule #1 of eating Crow, disclaimers, excuses and blaming refs is not eating crow.

I think I explained in another post my "predictions " were for the most part to goad you
someone asked me to make some so I had fun with it........anyone who took those seriously is a bit to bereft of a good sense of humor.

I would like to play that game over though with Shepard in the slot and Rudolph at WR oll game......indication were after practice Thursday Shepard would play yesterday.

would have made for a more interesting game.

Ahhhhh the old "I was just kidding guys!!!!" routine when your prediction got demolished.

Lets face it, had darkiwala or whatever his name is had rolled up 200 some yards like you guessed, we would have seen all kinds of told you so posts from yours truly

I know this because 24 hours later you are here making all kinds of excuses and trying to make us believe that the two teams are somewhat even. Please.

After all that talk, a real fan just comes back and says guys......I was wrong. End of post.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
BlueClue":23e0f6au said:
Then we imploded

True Blue, here, M8! Good catch.

The final score should have been more like 38-0. The final score indicated far too close a comparison.

:thumbup:

mikeak

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2bgjg6k0 said:
BlueClue":2bgjg6k0 said:
Then we imploded

True Blue, here, M8! Good catch.

The final score should have been more like 38-0. The final score indicated far too close a comparison.

:thumbup:

Agree

Funny how someone says it should be even because of a tough catch but ignores not one but two dropped passes that should have been 14-0...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
BlueClue":3gqqhpj2 said:
Maelstrom787":3gqqhpj2 said:

AT THAT POINT THE SCORE WAS 10-7 with 10 min to go

Aldras as had just missed a 3 pointer by an inch. Story of our season

Then we imploded

That guy who caught like 16 3rd and short passes for a first down was your hero
But our MLBer went out early

We have a lot to build on
Best scenario now is we go 0-9. Fire GM and HC

Promote Spags or hire Nick Saban and draft 1 2 or 3

I'm rooting Buffalo home. NY team. They never won squat. Jim Kelley deserves to see a trophy

Ok how does a football fan not know who Doug Baldwin is? My goodness New Yorkers live insular navel staring lives. Don’t know anything outside of Yankees, Knicks and Giants.

The score was way closer then the game was. 400yds vs 200 yds. Should have been a shut out. You are simply delusional about your team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Classy post man.

as for the Collins play....if you look at a highlight..Richardson clearly gets two hands on the ball and brings it down, then Collins grabs it and tries to wrench it free. The "simultaneous possession goes to the receiver" is exactly for situations like this. If it wasn't in place, a DB wouldn't even have to play the ball; he would just wait until the receiver brings it down then try to steal it from him (which he still can before the player goes down). You'll also notice that both players clearly have the ball when Richardson's back hits the ground. Easy call there.

As for your play calling....what can you do really ? Your OL is really bad. calling downfield pass plays will get Manning killed. I guess fans in NY are probably rooting for that at this point. You have to try to run it like you did against Denver. Our defense won't give up long pass plays unless you catch them with a short pass and someone misses a tackle. You guys really had no choice. You also have literally no WR's left.

Good news for you is that Engram looks pretty damn good. At least that's something moving forward when you get Beckam and Shepard back.

Josea16

Reaction score
Very classy BC to come back here and take your lumps. In my opinion you should stay and give us the scoop on the Giants anytime we cross paths. We have other posters that are fans of other teams usually NFCW, some are regulars even, and fans of other teams that are highly regarded.

Not sorry we told the truth about the Seahawks though.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Hawks46":1y1bfset said:
Classy post man.

as for the Collins play....if you look at a highlight..Richardson clearly gets two hands on the ball and brings it down, then Collins grabs it and tries to wrench it free. The "simultaneous possession goes to the receiver" is exactly for situations like this. If it wasn't in place, a DB wouldn't even have to play the ball; he would just wait until the receiver brings it down then try to steal it from him (which he still can before the player goes down). You'll also notice that both players clearly have the ball when Richardson's back hits the ground. Easy call there.

As for your play calling....what can you do really ? Your OL is really bad. calling downfield pass plays will get Manning killed. I guess fans in NY are probably rooting for that at this point. You have to try to run it like you did against Denver. Our defense won't give up long pass plays unless you catch them with a short pass and someone misses a tackle. You guys really had no choice. You also have literally no WR's left.

Good news for you is that Engram looks pretty damn good. At least that's something moving forward when you get Beckam and Shepard back.

thats a popular fairytale
last year he was sacked only 18 times
and had close to 3 seconds to pass

All QBs get sacked....including yours

this year its about the same.

no QB has more time than Eli
It all comes from the perception hes immobile

under Ron Ehrhardt we passed downfield a lot......Eli has not become less mobile since then.
Eli has never missed a game or a snap due to pressure or any other reason in 13 seasons
The guy is big and knows how to fall without getting hurt

A lot comes form Ben MacAdoo and his devotion to the west coast offense

as I said lots of good things besides receptions can come from downfield passing

a team has to stretch the field or defenses pack the box and short passing is often more dangerous in that situation as any INT will likely be a pick six

MacAdoo has to go or change his thinking......he still thinks Rogers is his QB

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey BC, you have a good team there, just a lot of injuries, especially to the WR. That's too much to ask of ANY team to overcome. And your D line is still legit. Snacks is damn good.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
fenderbender123":11hlrbf1 said:
It doesn't even matter if he has only one hand on the ball. If he's gripping the ball with that one hand, and the defender isn't able to rip it away from that one hand, it's a simultaneous catch which goes in favor of the offense. Yesterday's call was correct. The Fail Mary was correct. It shouldn't be that hard of a concept to understand.

This. If you want to find out someone's football iq, ask their opinion on a play like the Fail Mary. Tie goes to the receiver if they both have hands on it when they hit the ground. It's an easy concept and has been the rule. Who doesn't know the phrase "Tie goes to the runner" ?

I commend your crow eating but your post is littered with "You guys are good but NY did everything wrong". The Giants were never gonna win that game. They have about a half of decent football. And the only reason it was even close at half is because of SEA mistakes.

But oh yeah, let's focus on the 17 point TD the refs got wrong. That was the sole difference in the game. Oh wait...no it wasn't.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
keatonisballin":29lwi44z said:
fenderbender123":29lwi44z said:
It doesn't even matter if he has only one hand on the ball. If he's gripping the ball with that one hand, and the defender isn't able to rip it away from that one hand, it's a simultaneous catch which goes in favor of the offense. Yesterday's call was correct. The Fail Mary was correct. It shouldn't be that hard of a concept to understand.

This. If you want to find out someone's football iq, ask their opinion on a play like the Fail Mary. Tie goes to the receiver if they both have hands on it when they hit the ground. It's an easy concept and has been the rule. Who doesn't know the phrase "Tie goes to the runner" ?

I commend your crow eating but your post is littered with "You guys are good but NY did everything wrong". The Giants were never gonna win that game. They have about a half of decent football. And the only reason it was even close at half is because of SEA mistakes.

But oh yeah, let's focus on the 17 point TD the refs got wrong. That was the sole difference in the game. Oh wait...no it wasn't.

None of it matters......the Refs rule supreme

I was complaining about our lack of long passing attempts....the way the rules are written now anytime a ball is thrown long
90% of the time the calls go to the offense

The Giants under MacAdoo have become a short pass team.......I dont like it.....do I have to like it?

And the game was 10-7 with only 10 minutes to go....hardly just close at the half

Towards the end everything went your way

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey BlueClue

You da Man.

I have no idea where you’re coming from but my hat is off to you.

Been lots of folk come through these doors with similar hype, very few ever come back.

I’m impressed.

Cheers

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Very few teams can pass deep against us, so I wouldn't worry about it. We are usually beaten by smart QBs who take the short, open guy a million times. Unfortunately for your team, that requires timing and you had WRs with no experience. I knew we would win the game because of that.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Archer":2v1zf04i said:
Very few teams can pass deep against us, so I wouldn't worry about it. We are usually beaten by smart QBs who take the short, open guy a million times. Unfortunately for your team, that requires timing and you had WRs with no experience. I knew we would win the game because of that.

I think you missed my point completely

You have to air it out regardless if they are completed

if its a jump ball 90% of the time the D is called for interference

and throwing long demands the Defense play honest...............no 9 in the box stuff

Latest posts