Costacos Brothers to release first poster in 20 years

OP
OP
253hawk

253hawk

Reaction score
If Carson Palmer can get away with stuff like this, I don't see the big deal about Russ doing a cheesy poster.

Carson-Palmer-Wearing-A-Dress-And-Bra.jpg

Bad20endorsements20palmer

irocdave

Reaction score
This thread is displaying how old the posters are. I think this is awesome, so 80's retro. I get todays youth don't get the 80's, if you are 40 YO or older you would. Just like a lot of the crap from the late 90's to today is just dumb for us older Hawk fans. Lime green Hawk Jerseys? PUKE. Steel Blue, almost as bad, todays uni's? Better, but not nearly as classy as 70-s through mid 90's.

You younger posters are a supposedly much more tolerant crowd. Catch my drift?

Anyone remember " Easley Street" posters? I do. Wish I still had mine.

Younger crowd needs to lighten up....your not the only people in this world that can speak their mind.

mrt144

Reaction score
irocdave":1lr8cdkw said:
This thread is displaying how old the posters are. I think this is awesome, so 80's retro. I get todays youth don't get the 80's, if you are 40 YO or older you would. Just like a lot of the crap from the late 90's to today is just dumb for us older Hawk fans. Lime green Hawk Jerseys? PUKE. Steel Blue, almost as bad, todays uni's? Better, but not nearly as classy as 70-s through mid 90's.

Younger crowd needs to lighten up....your not the only people in this world that can speak their mind.

My wife is a few years older than me and she always chides me for things I don't get having the audacity to be born in '83 instead of *gasp* '80.

Chapow

Reaction score
irocdave":21zj7q5a said:

If you're talking about the poster, just because some of us think it's corny doesn't mean we aren't tolerating it, it's possible to be critical of something yet still tolerate it.
If you are talking about the discussion in this thread, please show me where anyone was intolerant, because I'm not seeing it. Seemed like a pretty rational and civil discussion to me.

Funny, younger people have been telling older people they need to lighten up my entire life and they've been right for the most part IMO. And where exactly did anyone say or even imply that others shouldn't or couldn't speak their mind? Or are you just making a random statement that doesn't relate to this thread or discussion?

BTW, thanks for calling me a younger poster. I'm creeping up on 40 awfully quickly. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Chapow":3vchrhuv said:
irocdave":3vchrhuv said:

If you're talking about the poster, just because some of us think it's corny doesn't mean we aren't tolerating it, it's possible to be critical of something yet still tolerate it.
If you are talking about the discussion in this thread, please show me where anyone was intolerant, because I'm not seeing it. Seemed like a pretty rational and civil discussion to me.

Funny, younger people have been telling older people they need to lighten up my entire life and they've been right for the most part IMO. And where exactly did anyone say or even imply that others shouldn't or couldn't speak their mind? Or are you just making a random statement that doesn't relate to this thread or discussion?

BTW, thanks for calling me a younger poster. I'm creeping up on 40 awfully quickly. :2thumbs:

Your not old if your not drinking and removing your food through a straw.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":1ya0shp4 said:
Chapow":1ya0shp4 said:
irocdave":1ya0shp4 said:

Your not old if your not drinking and removing your food through a straw.
Damn Chris lighten up. :vodka:

Most old people still use silverware while eating and drink with the best of them. It's the marijuana thing that tells you who is old or young. :stirthepot:

Tical21

Reaction score
My childhood bedroom is still covered in these. Boz and Easley, LT, Emtman, The Kid, and the one with both Griffeys, Kemp, Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan. Not sure why I never had the Largent one. I had a different, similar Largent poster. I'm probably not going to get this one though. Russell just isn't my thing. If they had one for Marshawn, Kam, Earl, Sherm or Bennett, I would probably get it. This Russell one does fit pretty perfectly with their line. One of them did say on KJR yesterday that they're probably going to make more.

byau

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":32gzvygx said:
Chukarhawk":32gzvygx said:
sorry, but that is so lame.

You had to live in the '80s to appreciate how awesome that poster is.

Cheers to that. I love the Russell Wilson poster!

But this one still tops as my favorite. Favorite player. Favorite Seahawk. And badass poster.

Kenny_Easley_The_Enforcer.jpg

Largent80

Reaction score
pmedic920":s1gdvku4 said:
Largent80":s1gdvku4 said:
Just ordered from RW's foundation site. The 80's rocked, don't listen to schoolgirls like Uncle Si who had maybe 3 pubes during the decade. :)

One?

:{(

Yeah ONE , I also paid for game tickets and hotel for the New Orleans game.

Torc

Reaction score
Tical21":2k6ujbtm said:
Not sure why I never had the Largent one. I had a different, similar Largent poster.

They did another one with the same (pilot) theme, listing all of the records he retired with. Is that the one you had?

I had (still have :) ) them both, they were side by side in my college dorm. Along with a bunch of the free posters Pietro's Pizza put out with each game.