Cougs and the YOU.

drrew

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3p05swz5 said:
Because of media bias, you are probably right. But anyone who is paying attention could take one look at who they return and their schedule and could easily make a case for being a favorite in the north.

It's certainly not all media bias.

I like WSU and think they should continue to be a bowl team for the foreseeable future, but they had the 8th best point differential in the conference; that doesn't suggest sustained dominance.

If they finish 9-4(6-3) again next season, the program should be overjoyed. At Boise State will be tough, but they do get Oregon, UCLA, Cal, and Washington all travelling to Pullman.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":xrlg2x73 said:
Do you guys have portland state on the schedule next year?

PAC 12 north will be pretty tight next year. Should be a really interesting battle between Stanford, uw, and wsu for 2nd place.

I predict:

1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Wsu
4. Uw
5. Cal
6. Osu

Oregon has no QB and no defense, they aren't going to win the north.

Stanford is replacing a QB.

Hard to see Stanford winning it again, but until someone else wins the north, that will be the default prediction.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
drrew":xgmzqm28 said:
Seahawks1983":xgmzqm28 said:
Because of media bias, you are probably right. But anyone who is paying attention could take one look at who they return and their schedule and could easily make a case for being a favorite in the north.

It's certainly not all media bias.

I like WSU and think they should continue to be a bowl team for the foreseeable future, but they had the 8th best point differential in the conference; that doesn't suggest sustained dominance.

If they finish 9-4(6-3) again next season, the program should be overjoyed. At Boise State will be tough, but they do get Oregon, UCLA, Cal, and Washington all travelling to Pullman.

So your assertion is that everyone else will get better, but WSU will remain the same or regress?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3iwyzzdn said:
JSeahawks":3iwyzzdn said:
Do you guys have portland state on the schedule next year?

PAC 12 north will be pretty tight next year. Should be a really interesting battle between Stanford, uw, and wsu for 2nd place.

I predict:

1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Wsu
4. Uw
5. Cal
6. Osu

Oregon has no QB and no defense, they aren't going to win the north.

Stanford is replacing a QB.

Hard to see Stanford winning it again, but until someone else wins the north, that will be the default prediction.

They had no qb for most of this season and no defense this season and they damn near won the north. Defense will be better, but still not a strength. Qb might take a step back from Adams but lockie and Allie who had to start several games this year will likely be 4th or 5th string, so overall depth at the position is massively improved. And I think overall next years duck offense should be their best ever.

Yes, Stanford replaces their qb, but it will likely be Keller Chryst who's a former 5* recruit and who should step right in and be really good. Plus, mccaffrey and the o'line will carry that team. And watch out for Bryce love who reminds me of a poor mans de'anthony Thomas.

I like the cougs next year, but if I were a fan I'd be worried about falk. I'd consider it a miracle if he lAsted the season.

For uw they've got gaskin, who's a stud, but I'm not nearly sold on browning or their receivers, although getting John Ross back will help. Their d should be good again.

All 4 should be pretty good.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2o45e0s9 said:
I like the cougs next year, but if I were a fan I'd be worried about falk. I'd consider it a miracle if he lAsted the season.

Seems like a bit of a reach.

drrew

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2ygxsk29 said:
So your assertion is that everyone else will get better, but WSU will remain the same or regress?

Not sure how you'd get that from what I wrote.

My assertion is that based off of point differential, that they were not as good as their record. Of the 37 FBS teams that had 9 wins or more, WSU had the lowest point differential with most having double what the Cougars had.

They could improve and be a better team next year and end up with a worse record.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3cha3j3r said:
Just saw it scroll across espn that mike leach has had his contract extended through 2020.

I am good with that. I think he is doing better things there. Heck, I may try to make it to the Apple cup.