Could the Rams game be a trap game for us?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It is impressive how he gets his teams to buy in. They have zero panic. It's unlike just about every team in the league. They do something stupid, they get over it immediately and move on. VERY few teams can do that like the Hawks can. There's something to be said about that never quit, never panic mentality.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3fu22zhz said:
ESPN FPI gives Rams the advantage to win. 58 percent chance.

Is that the same ESPN that ranked us lower after we beat the Vikings and took the division lead?

Rat

Reaction score
I believe trap games happen. No coach worth a damn will actively let his players look past anyone, but those players are still human. Nobody goes into every week 100% prepared and dialed in.

Regardless, the Rams play us brutally tough even when they suck. They've taken a step back this year, but they're still two games over .500 and have nearly an entire roster that was in the Super Bowl less than 11 months ago, and has been tested in tough games. Also, it's on the road. And they very nearly beat us in our recent matchup, And we play a reeling sub-.500 squad next week, so there's nothing to be looking past to. So yeah, we might not win, but the matchup possess nearly no qualities of a classic trap game.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
NO to overlooking the Rams, but the way we play games our margin for error is so small every game we play could turn into a trapped game. Turnovers are key. If we can somehow stay on the upside in that department every game we'll be hard to beat.

seahawksny

Reaction score
No chance
They know these teams well and what they are capable of.

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
I guess I should have said are we fans overlooking the Rams game because we some are talking about hoping the Niners win against the Saints so we can win the 1st seed in week 17 against the Niners. I think this game coming up against the Rams is going to be a street fight, and I’m not super confident that we are going to walk in there and take the W.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think we lose

The Rams are desperate, Seattle is not. Division opponents are always tough and the Rams may have found something last week. Not only did they score a ton, but they held Arizona in complete check

Tamerlane

Reaction score
I don't think coaches, players or most fans overlook the Rams. I for one am terrified of this game, far more than I was before last game. The Seahawks are beat up, post flu, on a short week, on the road, on grass, against an intimate division rival that in some ways still matches up well against Seattle.

McVay has been so overhyped but he is one of the only, if not the only, coach with a winning overall record to date against Carroll (Harbaugh, Belichick, etc can't even say that). Sure his team has had the rookie QB advantage and a more talented roster but McVay has been particularly successful at dissecting Seattle's pass defense. Last year Carroll countered this and the scary Dline by steamrolling with the power run game, and almost pulled it off once and then again. Last game became a bit more of a shoot out, as I recall. What's in store this time? I don't know.

Are the Rams bad or good? The defense seems improved from last year and even from last game against Seattle. Marcus Peters is no longer there to abuse. Goff obviously regressed radically this year but how much of that came down to their offensive line going literally from first to worst in one offseason? It has improved some but not sure how much.

Seattle will put up some points no doubt but I suspect much will come down to whether the defensive line can pressure Goff. Oh yeah, and who is covering Cooper Kupp, one of the best slot WRs in the league? This is a different kind of challenge than the last couple weeks and not a job for Akeem King, I dont think. Is it time for Amadi to re-emerge? That will be interesting. I'm worried but excited.

themunn

Reaction score
In what world can a road game against a divisional rival with a winning record that's just come off a superbowl appearance season ever be a trap game?

Carolina, THAT'S a trap game.
Road game against a team that's always given us fits, but who have lost their starting QB, lost 4 straight (including at home to the redskins) and just fired their coach.

But 2 of their wins have come against playoff contenders, they were a missed FG from almost beating the Saints in their own house, and we will be coming off of hopefully a big divisional win that's guaranteed our playoff participation.
Everything in that recipe screams trap to me. And before you say "yeah but there's no way we lose that game"... Carolina have the same record as Tampa Bay, and they put 34 points on us and took us to overtime.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I think we're being liberal with the usage of trap game. Rams will be a tough game and the team would be foolish to expect anything less and I don't believe they're overlooking them at all. The panthers match up has trap game written all over it, not that they'll lose it but that they'll struggle way more than a playoff team should against a weaker team. Games that aren't big rivalries, games out of division, against teams having nothing to play for, that's the spot for an emotional let down. Az should be a high scoring affair which will loosen the guys up, i don't see that as a trap game either, more like get an offense right game after they struggle in Carolina...then the big game and onto the playoffs.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
In a weird backwards way, the Hawks with the manner in which they play cannot afford to count any games given and must play as though each game will be competitive. They just cannot overlook any opponent. I kind of feel like they did that with NO and Baltimore somewhat.

Sac

Reaction score
Some fans are I'm sure - there's zero chance Pete or the team is overlooking anyone. These guys are pros and know they're playing other pros. Zero chance they phone this game in.

Ace_Rimmer":5yuf0yls said:
Are we overlooking the Rams and thinking this a sure W?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Funny thing is that IF they lose, it will somehow be because they "overlooked" them. Nah, if you lose it's because the other team made more plays that day.

Largent80

Reaction score
How is a division game with playoff implications a trap game?

Seriously, this is a super important game for both teams and is about as far away as a trap game as there ever was.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
The Rams will play you tough and have played you very tough. Of course they an win. But so can you. Certainly they won't be a push over though. They were in the Super Bowl last year and are fighting for the playoffs. They will come out and fight very hard. Anything could happen in that game. It's not a game to take lightly though.

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2iu7bzvm said:
It is impressive how he gets his teams to buy in. They have zero panic. It's unlike just about every team in the league. They do something stupid, they get over it immediately and move on. VERY few teams can do that like the Hawks can. There's something to be said about that never quit, never panic mentality.

Lay off the caps in your redundant posts ...the posts are enough to endure . Get a grip fishman...it's just a game . :irishdrinkers:

Rat

Reaction score
Apparently Pete doesn't ALWAYS have the team prepared. I seriously doubt they were looking past the Rams, but this unquestionably a poor effort, players and coaches alike.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Every game in the NFL is tough. There are no easy games and no easy wins. None of them should ever be taken for granted.